Way too early 2025 top 5

D1 Mens Lacrosse
wgdsr

Re: Way too early 2025 top 5

Post by wgdsr »

BigTurn wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 7:57 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 7:53 pm
Mr3Putt wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 3:47 pm I think MD will have a little of the Pete LaSalla syndrome. “ That Lars slide package is really good” , well when you have to slide 13 more times a game it exposes a lot of pimples. MD will miss Weirman.
domer fans plural feeling their oats lately, huh? you stay classy, san diahgo.
Terp fans a little sensitive lately, huh? What exactly is offensive about saying Maryland will be negatively impacted by the loss of the best fogo the programs ever had? Hardly going out on a limb, good lord…
not a terp fan. for chuckles, what do you think we'd be talking about rn if lynch woke up with the flu and a pulled groin on the last 2 consecutive memorial day weekend saturdays? 8 kavanaugh years wasted and/or silver lining 35 years of sweet slide and switch principles?
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

wgdsr wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 8:05 pm
Mr3Putt wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 3:47 pm I think MD will have a little of the Pete LaSalla syndrome. “ That Lars slide package is really good” , well when you have to slide 13 more times a game it exposes a lot of pimples. MD will miss Weirman.
Terp fans a little sensitive lately, huh? What exactly is offensive about saying Maryland will be negatively impacted by the loss of the best fogo the programs ever had? Hardly going out on a limb, good lord…
not a terp fan. for chuckles, what do you think we'd be talking about rn if lynch woke up with the flu and a pulled groin on the last 2 consecutive memorial day weekend saturdays? 8 of 10 kavanaugh years wasted and/or silver lining 35 years of sweet slide and switch principles?
You’re not making the point you think you are lmao. You just emphasized that the fogo position is extremely important, so why would it not make sense for maryland to see some fall off with their greatest fogo ever graduating… just like what happened to UVA this year.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Yes, this is a complement to Weirman. He had a great career. But, whoever replaces him will not be as good. Which will mean other departments of the MD team will feel it. Ask Virginia. What did you hear this year about Va? Oh there shorties are having difficulty, and they can’t handle this etc. Just look at points allowed w Va. Faceoff dominate teams have a tremendous advantage. Look at Duke when Naso got hurt. And was banged up the rest of the year. It exposed a lot. It will be interesting w MD in 25’. The Lasallas & Weirmans don’t come down the pike often.
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

Mr3Putt wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 6:52 am
Yes, this is a complement to Weirman. He had a great career. But, whoever replaces him will not be as good. Which will mean other departments of the MD team will feel it. Ask Virginia. What did you hear this year about Va? Oh there shorties are having difficulty, and they can’t handle this etc. Just look at points allowed w Va. Faceoff dominate teams have a tremendous advantage. Look at Duke when Naso got hurt. And was banged up the rest of the year. It exposed a lot. It will be interesting w MD in 25’. The Lasallas & Weirmans don’t come down the pike often.
People with functioning brains knew what you meant. Look at the improvement cuse defense saw this year simply by going >50% at the x for a change. Makes a world of difference.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

thanks for posting, even if not to me.
Mr3Putt wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 3:47 pm I think MD will have a little of the Pete LaSalla syndrome. “ That Lars slide package is really good” , well when you have to slide 13 more times a game it exposes a lot of pimples.
this is what i was replying to. sounded a bit like implying that virginia coach doesn't really know how to coach defense and had a bloated reputation for it, but had been saved by the faceoff until now. and that's changed.

couple things... whether "people are saying" or otherwise, virginia's success at times has been helped by a bunch of things, but being a dominant d or even having the rep for it isn't at the top of the list. velociraptors or not. disruption maybe, pace that teams would need to adjust to. but that relied on the offense scoring.

the "problem" in general-speak this year for the hoos was not that the d was exposed for what it is on faceoffs, etc. it was that the offense couldn't score like they used to. they got the ball just as much, they just couldn't shoot at an elite level, primarily because their shots were worse and scheme and too many turnovers from the guys running it, compared to prior.

the defense, meanwhile, mostly did just fine overall, with hiccups. but they did their job facing more possessions, held opponents to lowest scoring since almost the shot clock era started, and importantly caused a ton of turnovers in their end and the team did on the ride. offense getting the ball was too inefficient to compete with top teams.

anyway, they will need to do some coaching next year, as anyone will. and players will need to step up.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

BigTurn wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:44 am
People with functioning brains knew what you meant. Look at the improvement cuse defense saw this year simply by going >50% at the x for a change. Makes a world of difference.
Did your functioning brain know WG is a UVA fan?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:49 am
BigTurn wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:44 am
Did your functioning brain know WG is a UVA fan?
No, I don’t sit on here taking note of what team each poster supports, and the point still stands. Anyone could see that was complementary of Weirman, and completely accurate regarding UVA’s fall off post lasalla. Their off ball defense is flat out horrible and seeing more possessions a game exposed it.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”