Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Orange Duce

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

So, Teflon Don--he doesn't survive this, right? Will he actually be on the ballot when we all vote in November? How much of his seedy past can this man dodge?
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

CU88a wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 7:01 am Wasn't this the "weakest" of the pending cases against 2xIMPOTUS o d?

Will the sentencing determination take into account his gag order violations; and anything he says against the Judge and Court up until July 11th?
Lack of remorse is a typical factor for upward consideration in sentencing.
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:50 pm Guilty!!!
x 34!
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

The upcoming debate between these 2 butt wipes should be a humdinger. Will it more closely resemble an episode of Jerry Springer? Will trump have to wear an ankle monitor?? If Holly weird makes a movie will DeNiro play Joe Biden? The Making of the President 2024 might be an X rated book. 8-) You simply can't make this stuff up. Is it possible to move my entire stock portfolio into popcorn? I'll even consider using real butter and lots of it.
Let the games begin.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Can't remember the last time I watched any of the morning "news" shows but I did this morning.
Cohen was outstanding on GMA, he echoed my opinion of Trump, absolutely nailed it. How those
millions upon millions see this slimy shyster as the man they want for their president is truly
disappointing, pre Trump I never realized who so many of my fellow citizens really are.
I've gotta wonder if Trump is still tired of winning. Millions upon millions in fines from lost cases,
34X convicted felon. The man's been making his bed for a lifetime, it's now time to lie down in it.
Oh, but you can still vote for him to be the face of your country.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

DMac wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 7:47 am Can't remember the last time I watched any of the morning "news" shows but I did this morning.
Cohen was outstanding on GMA, he echoed my opinion of Trump, absolutely nailed it. How those
millions upon millions see this slimy shyster as the man they want for their president is truly
disappointing, pre Trump I never realized who so many of my fellow citizens really are.
I've gotta wonder if Trump is still tired of winning. Millions upon millions in fines from lost cases,
34X convicted felon. The man's been making his bed for a lifetime, it's now time to lie down in it.
And don't be surprised if these convictions give him a bump in the polls. :roll: My mom always use to say in regards to heathens like trump ...what goes around comes around. It looks like it has come around for trump.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 7:09 am So, Teflon Don--he doesn't survive this, right? Will he actually be on the ballot when we all vote in November? How much of his seedy past can this man dodge?
Neal Brennan said we just add it to his tab.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DMac wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 7:47 am Can't remember the last time I watched any of the morning "news" shows but I did this morning.
They like his policies.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 8:00 am
And don't be surprised if these convictions give him a bump in the polls. :roll: My mom always use to say in regards to heathens like trump ...what goes around comes around. It looks like it has come around for trump.
Starting to.
4 major court losses in past year, personally, following numerous court losses corporately.
He’s now been adjudicated as a business fraudster, a sexual assaulter, and now criminally for election fraud.

I think this will not have much immediate impact on his core supporters other than hardening and energizing short term. Indeed, vociferous attacks on the system of justice as corrupt will become the litmus test for support as a “Republican”, in addition to supporting the Big Lie that the 2020 election was illegitimate. We are seeing a rush to be the first to do so the loudest already.

However, I think there will be a cumulative effect, as at every level Dem candidates will go after their R opponents for their support of Trump, demanding to know whether they respect our jury process and the rule of law. I think it’s an untenable position for any candidate in a swing district or state, and this will ultimately wear on independent and traditional R wavering support of Trump ‘policies’.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Opinion piece - Will Trump’s convictions matter?

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

OPINION
Will Trump’s convictions matter?
Running for reelection to the presidency as a convicted felon should be a big deal, not to mention a deal-breaker, to a big chunk of voters in the 2024 presidential election.
By Joan Vennochi Globe Columnist, May 30, 2024

Will 34 felony convictions matter? They should. But as Donald Trump said as he left the Manhattan courthouse on Thursday after hearing the jury’s guilty verdict, “We don’t have the same country anymore. We have a divided mess.”

Running for reelection to the presidency as a convicted felon should be a big deal, not to mention a deal-breaker, to a big chunk of voters in the 2024 presidential election. It would be under the old political rules. But the change in this country is the one thing Trump is right about — although he takes no responsibility for the switch to an angry, divided nation that has lost its sense of common purpose and values. Because of the political movement Trump created and now leads, it’s hard to say how this conviction will factor into the November election. Calling himself a “political prisoner” who was convicted “in a RIGGED political Witch Hunt,” Trump immediately fund-raised off the verdict.

Trump, of course, once bragged that he could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue, shoot somebody, and not lose a single vote. Will that hold true now? Trump and the country are about to find out.

When he made that infamous prediction in January 2016, Trump was brash and confident. “It’s, like, incredible,” he said about the loyalty of his voters. After this verdict, he was less brash and more angry, less confident and more aggrieved. Filled with self-pity, he whined as usual about a “rigged trial by a conflicted judge” and said, “The real verdict is going to be Nov. 5 by the people, and they know what happened here.”

I hope Trump is right about that and the American people do know what happened in that courtroom. If they do, they will know that the former president stands convicted on 34 counts of perpetrating a fraud against them. They will know that he was convicted of hiding the purpose of payments made by his former fixer, Michael Cohen, to buy the silence of Stormy Daniels, an adult film actress who testified that she and Trump had a sexual encounter. They will also know that Trump bought her silence to keep that story from the American public right before the November 2016 election — to hide the truth from them and dupe them.

They also now know that he never took any responsibility for any of it and apparently never will. “We didn’t do a thing wrong,” he said as he left the courthouse, without specifying who he includes in “we.” The answer, of course, is anyone but him. He is a man who will never know the meaning of accountability because he has spent his life avoiding it.

Do American voters care about morality, principles, and accountability anymore? As much as immigration and the economy, character will be on the ballot in November. The 34 felony convictions made that a certainty for Trump. The question now is how much his character and criminal convictions matter to American voters.

Joan Vennochi is a Globe columnist. She can be reached at [email protected]. Follow her @joan_vennochi.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2024/05/30/ ... tion-2024/
a fan

Post by a fan »

Oh, they will.

Why do you think Trump has been hammering his fans for over a decade with his "you're a martyr and a victim of the bad people in America, and as the head Martyr, I will lead you away from all the fears I've been planting in you in all my speeches". "and the elections and courts are fixed, just in case I lose or get caught breaking laws".

Boilerplate stuff. It has worked for thousands of years.

Even if Trump loses, this victim mentality will persist for decades to come.
njbill

Post by njbill »

a fan wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 10:49 am Even if Trump loses,
He’ll run in 2028. He ain’t going away.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:08 pm What was different in the Jon Edwards case vs Trumps?
You want the real answer?

Democrats and rational Americans didn't claim a government conspiracy to take out Jon Edwards for breaking election laws. No talk of "corrupt judges". No talk of "corrupt prosecutors". FFS, no one could even name who the F the prosecutor was. Imagine that?

This is how far gone your party is, YA: you're now at a place where Republicans are telling the world that it is metaphysically impossible for anyone anywhere in America with a R by their name to break US laws. And if anyone dares to investigate a Republican, let along (gasp!) indict one?

Oh, we're in a banana Republic now. :roll:

Which is why you and the other R's here walked away from my question as to why you and your fellow Republicans didn't cry "Deep State" and "corrupt FBI and Prosecution!!!" when they popped Senator Menendez for freaking corruption. Not one word of protest. Not a peep about how "a Republican is running the FBI", and they're trying to take out a sitting Senator for political reasons.

That's the difference, my friend. You chaps are soooooooooo lost at sea. And ya ain't coming back, even after Trump is gone.
a fan

Post by a fan »

njbill wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 11:30 am
Oh, you can bank on it. That way, we get the "hey, you can't indict me! I'm running for President" game until Trump passes away.

BTW, you know the millisecond Trump dies.....the conspiracy theories will start IMMEDIATELY.

Because of course, it's impossible for Trump to die of natural causes now. Hope folks are ready for that mess.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 9:54 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 8:00 am
Starting to.
4 major court losses in past year, personally, following numerous court losses corporately.
He’s now been adjudicated as a business fraudster, a sexual assaulter, and now criminally for election fraud.

I think this will not have much immediate impact on his core supporters other than hardening and energizing short term. Indeed, vociferous attacks on the system of justice as corrupt will become the litmus test for support as a “Republican”, in addition to supporting the Big Lie that the 2020 election was illegitimate. We are seeing a rush to be the first to do so the loudest already.

However, I think there will be a cumulative effect, as at every level Dem candidates will go after their R opponents for their support of Trump, demanding to know whether they respect our jury process and the rule of law. I think it’s an untenable position for any candidate in a swing district or state, and this will ultimately wear on independent and traditional R wavering support of Trump ‘policies’.
It would not surprise me if trump gets convicted all the way to a second term. If that ever happens then the scowl on trumps face tells you every thing you need to know.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

njbill wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 11:30 am
If he does lose, far from a foregone conclusion, I think it will be coupled with a loss of the House as the swing districts will reject the Republicans who don't distance themselves from Trump... and MAGA folks will reject anyone who doesn't pass the litmus test.

I think the GOP further shrinks if Trump refuses to leave the scene, continues to be beset with court cases even stronger than this one, and yet the Party apparatus and base remains controlled by him.

The money will be desperate to find an alternative.

On the other hand, I think if he wins, he won't leave for another decade, should he live that long.
runrussellrun

Re: Opinion piece - Will Trump’s convictions matter?

Post by runrussellrun »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 10:34 am OPINION
Will Trump’s convictions matter?
Running for reelection to the presidency as a convicted felon should be a big deal, not to mention a deal-breaker, to a big chunk of voters in the 2024 presidential election.
By Joan Vennochi Globe Columnist, May 30, 2024

Will 34 felony convictions matter? They should. But as Donald Trump said as he left the Manhattan courthouse on Thursday after hearing the jury’s guilty verdict, “We don’t have the same country anymore. We have a divided mess.”

Running for reelection to the presidency as a convicted felon should be a big deal, not to mention a deal-breaker, to a big chunk of voters in the 2024 presidential election. It would be under the old political rules. But the change in this country is the one thing Trump is right about — although he takes no responsibility for the switch to an angry, divided nation that has lost its sense of common purpose and values. Because of the political movement Trump created and now leads, it’s hard to say how this conviction will factor into the November election. Calling himself a “political prisoner” who was convicted “in a RIGGED political Witch Hunt,” Trump immediately fund-raised off the verdict.

Trump, of course, once bragged that he could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue, shoot somebody, and not lose a single vote. Will that hold true now? Trump and the country are about to find out.

When he made that infamous prediction in January 2016, Trump was brash and confident. “It’s, like, incredible,” he said about the loyalty of his voters. After this verdict, he was less brash and more angry, less confident and more aggrieved. Filled with self-pity, he whined as usual about a “rigged trial by a conflicted judge” and said, “The real verdict is going to be Nov. 5 by the people, and they know what happened here.”

I hope Trump is right about that and the American people do know what happened in that courtroom. If they do, they will know that the former president stands convicted on 34 counts of perpetrating a fraud against them. They will know that he was convicted of hiding the purpose of payments made by his former fixer, Michael Cohen, to buy the silence of Stormy Daniels, an adult film actress who testified that she and Trump had a sexual encounter. They will also know that Trump bought her silence to keep that story from the American public right before the November 2016 election — to hide the truth from them and dupe them.

They also now know that he never took any responsibility for any of it and apparently never will. “We didn’t do a thing wrong,” he said as he left the courthouse, without specifying who he includes in “we.” The answer, of course, is anyone but him. He is a man who will never know the meaning of accountability because he has spent his life avoiding it.

Do American voters care about morality, principles, and accountability anymore? As much as immigration and the economy, character will be on the ballot in November. The 34 felony convictions made that a certainty for Trump. The question now is how much his character and criminal convictions matter to American voters.

Joan Vennochi is a Globe columnist. She can be reached at [email protected]. Follow her @joan_vennochi.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2024/05/30/ ... tion-2024/
Nixon won in a landslide and 72

some posters on here, gleefully worked and supported the Nixon administration

and they supported that POS John McLean with all his tail, hook and hateful in public comments towards his wife

yeah, Joan tell us again how "character matters"

:lol:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Atta boy Joe Manchin!

"However, since becoming a United States Senator in 2010, I have seen both the Democrat and Republican parties leave West Virginia and our country behind for partisan extremism while jeopardizing our democracy. Today, our national politics are broken and neither party is willing to compromise to find common ground. To stay true to myself and remain committed to put country before party, I have decided to register as an independent with no party affiliation and continue to fight for America’s sensible majority."

This is how you tell your party to get lost, folks. LEAVE, and tell them why. If a few hundred thousand D's or R's did that? Leaders in both parties would rightly panic, and start to end this stupid nonsense in DC.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/west-v ... ndependent

I also say Matthew Mcconaughey saying essentially the same thing a year ago....we need to take the microphone from the far left and far right and let the moderates who aren't lost at sea run America for a few decades.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/rtJ7CslHCm0
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... why did the rural mid-west folks during the depression root for the bank robbers?
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”