NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Unknown Participant

Re: NESCAC

Post by Unknown Participant »

The12lov3 wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 8:27 am

My problem are the records. Would Jude Brown be the all time leading scorer with 14 extra games under his belt. In theory if there are 23 games in a season including the NC, that would extrapolate out to 92 games. 14 extra games would translate to a lot more points. You take those away and Jude Brown is probably a lot lower on the toten poll.
[/quote]

I think that transfer from Stevens to MIT, Gephardt, has the record per a source (I am too lazy to look it up), he also had 6 years. Although, and no offense to Brown, I assume Gephardt was a much more serious student.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

Unknown Participant wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 9:27 am

My problem are the records. Would Jude Brown be the all time leading scorer with 14 extra games under his belt. In theory if there are 23 games in a season including the NC, that would extrapolate out to 92 games. 14 extra games would translate to a lot more points. You take those away and Jude Brown is probably a lot lower on the toten poll.
I think that transfer from Stevens to MIT, Gephardt, has the record per a source (I am too lazy to look it up), he also had 6 years. Although, and no offense to Brown, I assume Gephardt was a much more serious student.
[/quote]

You might be right - My point is that these kids with those extra games are breaking records so it should be asterisk because of those extra games.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

4 of the Top 10 ranked teams in the final IL poll were NESCAC schools. 3 of the Top 5 were LL programs. In terms of which conference was superior, I’m gonna call it a push.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

The12lov3 wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 9:39 am

You might be right - My point is that these kids with those extra games are breaking records so it should be asterisk because of those extra games.
[/quote]

Gephardt had 502 points and 383 goals in 98 games. Cross Ferrara had 473 points and 362 goals in 108 games. All of the career stats from these guys who played 6 years are absurd and completely inflated. Jason Coffman had 451 points and 249 goals in 62 games and realistically is the all-time D3 leading scorer.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

callaxdad wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:59 am 4 of the Top 10 ranked teams in the final IL poll were NESCAC schools. 3 of the Top 5 were LL programs. In terms of which conference was superior, I’m gonna call it a push.
NESCAC w/the NC over LL so NESCAC w/the win.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Unknown Participant wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 8:48 pm
callaxdad wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:59 am 4 of the Top 10 ranked teams in the final IL poll were NESCAC schools. 3 of the Top 5 were LL programs. In terms of which conference was superior, I’m gonna call it a push.
I’m very biased so I won’t disagree w you!! This one coulda gone either way, was tied 13-13 before Tufts pulled away in the 4th. RIT could’ve won that game just as much as Tufts. Two very evenly matched teams. I’m still calling it a push, but happy for the Bos! Huge respect for RIT.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

callaxdad wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:21 am
I’m very biased so I won’t disagree w you!! This one coulda gone either way, was tied 13-13 before Tufts pulled away in the 4th. RIT could’ve won that game just as much as Tufts. Two very evenly matched teams. I’m still calling it a push, but happy for the Bos! Huge respect for RIT.
You gotta love that post CLD! Both leagues have some incredible players and programs. SO MUCH TALENT. And great coaching to boot. Southern programs need to step it up.
Backlax

Post by Backlax »

pcowlax wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:22 pm
The12lov3 wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 9:39 am

Gephardt had 502 points and 383 goals in 98 games. Cross Ferrara had 473 points and 362 goals in 108 games. All of the career stats from these guys who played 6 years are absurd and completely inflated. Jason Coffman had 451 points and 249 goals in 62 games and realistically is the all-time D3 leading scorer.
[/quote]

+1 absolutely
nehslaxfan

Post by nehslaxfan »

choochooCharlie wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 4:01 pm
nelaxman wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 2:38 am
Wesleyan
Tufts
Middlebury
Bowdoin
Hamilton
Amherst
Colby
Trinity
Williams
Bates
Conn
Good choices. Understand the Wes love. They did win the ‘CAC.

choochoo’s waaay early predictions

Tufts
Wes
Bowdoin
Amherst
Williams
Hamilton
Colby
Bates
Trinity
Conn
Not sure about your Trinity ranking. Lots of young talent coming back, didn’t lose a ton graduating and a very good recruiting class.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Yep. I - and I imagine most other people - thought this looked like a year where they were flipped, just like 2021 was. That turned out to be off-base. 3/8 quarterfinalists, 2/4 semifinalists, and the national champion. Even beyond that, some of the teams at the bottom of the conference tourney had big OOC wins against "high level" competition. As much as it's about the postseason success at the top, the depth always stands out as well.
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

nehslaxfan wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:38 pm
choochooCharlie wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 4:01 pm
nelaxman wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 2:38 am
Wesleyan
Tufts
Middlebury
Bowdoin
Hamilton
Amherst
Colby
Trinity
Williams
Bates
Conn
Good choices. Understand the Wes love. They did win the ‘CAC.

choochoo’s waaay early predictions

Tufts
Wes
Bowdoin
Amherst
Williams
Hamilton
Colby
Bates
Trinity
Conn
Not sure about your Trinity ranking. Lots of young talent coming back, didn’t lose a ton graduating and a very good recruiting class.
Hmm I’ll have to take a look back at their stats. Any transfers going out?
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

callaxdad wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:12 pm Tufts is the first program in DIIII history to raise the trophy without playing a single home playoff game. Furthermore, over the course of 17 days, they spent 13 on the road, practiced or played in five different stadiums, stayed in four different hotels and traveled nearly 2000 miles on buses and vans to capture their 4th National Championship!

In addition to losing in the NESCAC quarterfinals, they could’ve used any of the above as excuses
Sounds like one of their overly defensive fans just did.

Prior to RIT, they faced the lessor of each of the potential foes along the way. Meaning they had an easier path. Meaning they were less beaten up come the final. Meaning you’re wrong. It is what it is.
JumboFan4

Post by JumboFan4 »

Going to be a long offseason for ChoochooCharlie. Obsessively posting one pathetic post after the next trying to diminish another Tufts title run. If they repeat and win the 'ship in '25 his head is likely to explode. Sad.
I drive a Dodge Stratus.
JDTlax

Post by JDTlax »

choochooCharlie wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 5:59 am
callaxdad wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:12 pm Tufts is the first program in DIIII history to raise the trophy without playing a single home playoff game. Furthermore, over the course of 17 days, they spent 13 on the road, practiced or played in five different stadiums, stayed in four different hotels and traveled nearly 2000 miles on buses and vans to capture their 4th National Championship!

In addition to losing in the NESCAC quarterfinals, they could’ve used any of the above as excuses

Prior to RIT, they faced the lessor of each of the potential foes along the way. Meaning they had an easier path. Meaning they were less beaten up come the final. Meaning you’re wrong. It is what it is.
Tufts IS NOT the 1st team in NCAA playoff history to win the title without playing a home playoff game. Washington College accomplished that in 1998 when they won their title.
Interesting fact about this, 1998 was the year the NCAA expanded the field from 8 teams to 10. Washington was the 10th seed. So not only were they the 1st to win a title with out a home playoff game, they are also the lowest seeded team to win a title.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

JDTlax wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:08 pm

Tufts IS NOT the 1st team in NCAA playoff history to win the title without playing a home playoff game. Washington College accomplished that in 1998 when they won their title.
Interesting fact about this, 1998 was the year the NCAA expanded the field from 8 teams to 10. Washington was the 10th seed. So not only were they the 1st to win a title with out a home playoff game, they are also the lowest seeded team to win a title.
Roll Shore
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Excuse me, since they expanded the tournament to the current size in this era.
SaltCounty

Post by SaltCounty »

callaxdad wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:42 am

I don't think it's as noteworthy as it seems given the pod format & their matchup.
Teams arrive the day before + get a short practice.
They played a program that (to no fault) is not in position to compete with Tufts.
By Sunday... you could argue you're pretty much settled in.

Tufts to Union is not that bad of a Trip.
And they are already familiar with the site.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

SaltCounty wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:52 am

I don't think it's as noteworthy as it seems given the pod format & their matchup.
They played a program that (to no fault) is not in position to compete with Tufts.

I wouldn’t say I wholeheartedly disagree with you, a couple of your points are valid. But, it’s tough to win on the road. Plain and simple. Especially traveling ~450 miles and 8 hours in a bus and having to play the late game on Saturday.
SaltCounty

Post by SaltCounty »

callaxdad wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:25 pm

I wouldn’t say I wholeheartedly disagree with you, a couple of your points are valid. But, it’s tough to win on the road. Plain and simple. Especially traveling ~450 miles and 8 hours in a bus and having to play the late game on Saturday.
100% agree on that note / trip.
You could say a fraction of that Title was won in their F4 game v. W&L.
Given this Tufts Roster / Youth - that was a bigger win that a lot of us knew at the time.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

SaltCounty wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 5:40 pm
callaxdad wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:25 pm

100% agree on that note / trip.
You could say a fraction of that Title was won in their F4 game v. W&L.
Given this Tufts Roster / Youth - that was a bigger win that a lot of us knew at the time.
Spot on w re to F4 game on a few levels. Not having to face Sals was without a doubt a gift. While many of us Jumbos fans wanted to avenge the Finals loss last year, every single one was rooting for W&L.

Also, one thing I haven't heard anyone say is the maturity and improvement of Tufts. IMO you make way bigger strides in terms of development from Freshman to Sophomore year and Sophomore to Junior year than you do from Senior to Grad year or 5th to 6th year. The teams that had a number of 5th and 6th year guys had plateaued. CNU was one of them. Several teams caught up to and passed them. Tufts had zero grad students last year. Tufts returns every starter next season, only one grad student.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”