NCAC 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
WhiteCarrera

Re: NCAC 2024

Post by WhiteCarrera »

Congrats to Wabash's Luca Flaim for being named to Italy's team for the U20 European Championships!
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
oldtimelax

Post by oldtimelax »

Congratulations to the eighteen players from the NCAC who were named to the USILA All-American teams...as expected, Denison placed seven, OWU five, and Kenyon and Wooster, three apiece. The good news for the rest of the conference is that five of the Denison players have graduated (Fisher, Crowley, Vance, Sload and O'Neill). Of the remaining teams, only Wooster's Casey Steffen is a graduating senior. It will also be interesting to track the conference leaders and see what kind of freshman classes they are bringing in. Recently, Inside Lacrosse showed Kenyon with 14, Oberlin 14, Denison 13, Wooster 10 and OWU 5.

https://northcoast.org/news/2024/5/23/m ... icans.aspx
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

The Wabash class is at 16
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
ALaudico7

Post by ALaudico7 »

Laxnumbers has OWU at 11 recruits. These are mostly self reported so take with a grain of salt.

https://laxnumbers.com/team_info.php?y=2024&t=30482&s=2
D3LaxFan2

Post by D3LaxFan2 »

Laxnumbers lists:

Denison 12
Kenyon 14
OWU 11
Wooster 14
Oberlin 15
Wittenberg 5
DePauw 7
Wabash 7
Hiram 1
Prepschoolkid

Post by Prepschoolkid »

Looks like Kenyon is making moves hiring a new assistant coach Connor O'Brien. Waiting for the official post so I can do some more digging on his background.
EasyRider

Post by EasyRider »

Prepschoolkid wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:21 am Looks like Kenyon is making moves hiring a new assistant coach Connor O'Brien. Waiting for the official post so I can do some more digging on his background.
He was recently the GA at D3 Carthage College. Played at Wheeling Jesuit and later UIndy. Good high school career at St. Francis DeSales in Ohio.
Prepschoolkid

Post by Prepschoolkid »

love it, seems like a great hire for Kenyon. Interested to see if there are any other assistant coaching changes in the NCAC this summer. I feel like both OWU and Denison could use some fresh faces on the sidelines. I will save everyone from another rant about the assistant coaches in Granville.... m :roll:
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

Hey Prep - FYI over on the Coach Carousel thread it’s been reported that the Bartlett’s “are moving on” on Koch has hired a new assistant already.
Quill

Post by Quill »

Since Koch left W & L has improved, and the former Big Red OC RR has done really well at RMU. Hoping for the best with this new staff, handpicked by EK just like the old, but not holding my breath.
DaLaxGuy

Post by DaLaxGuy »

Who will Denison look to rely on for this upcoming season? Curious who people think will step up for the Big Red.
DaLaxGuy

Post by DaLaxGuy »

Nosey Ned wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:40 am Hey Prep - FYI over on the Coach Carousel thread it’s been reported that the Bartlett’s “are moving on” on Koch has hired a new assistant already.
Interesting development, any lead on who it may be? Remember EK will need to find a new OD AND DC.
BTBMasta

Post by BTBMasta »

DaLaxGuy wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:58 pm Who will Denison look to rely on for this upcoming season? Curious who people think will step up for the Big Red.

There’s the obvious answers here but I believe senior attackmen Tyack has an opportunity to arrive on the scene and make his presence felt.
TopperLax82

Post by TopperLax82 »

Quill wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:48 am Since Koch left W & L has improved, and the former Big Red OC RR has done really well at RMU. Hoping for the best with this new staff, handpicked by EK just like the old, but not holding my breath.
Look for Sal Iaria to be the front runner for the Denison OC job. Currently a volunteer assistant at W&L.
TopperLax82

Post by TopperLax82 »

Prepschoolkid wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:22 pm love it, seems like a great hire for Kenyon. Interested to see if there are any other assistant coaching changes in the NCAC this summer. I feel like both OWU and Denison could use some fresh faces on the sidelines. I will save everyone from another rant about the assistant coaches in Granville.... m :roll:
I predict Denison will hire Sal Iaria and Carson Burkey as OC/DC.
TopperLax82

Post by TopperLax82 »

Prepschoolkid wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:21 am Looks like Kenyon is making moves hiring a new assistant coach Connor O'Brien. Waiting for the official post so I can do some more digging on his background.
https://athletics.kenyon.edu/news/2024/ ... coach.aspx
TopperLax82

Post by TopperLax82 »

TopperLax82 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:02 pm
Prepschoolkid wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:22 pm love it, seems like a great hire for Kenyon. Interested to see if there are any other assistant coaching changes in the NCAC this summer. I feel like both OWU and Denison could use some fresh faces on the sidelines. I will save everyone from another rant about the assistant coaches in Granville.... m :roll:
Burkey will not be the DCOORD at Denison.
TopperLax82

Post by TopperLax82 »

TopperLax82 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:22 pm
TopperLax82 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:02 pm
Burkey will not be the DCOORD at Denison.
Looks to be TJ Toivonen, the Transy DCOORD.
Prepschoolkid

Post by Prepschoolkid »

Well with no news of any coaching changes out of granville yet I am starting to become less and less optimistic about a future without the bartletts on the sidelines. While I want to be angry I cannot be as it starts at the top and works its way down. The athletic department is more concerned about their image than they are with results. Would rather have a program that pushes their forward agenda than win NCAA tournament games. If no changes are made by the start of the school year I will have to make the hard decision to begin cheering for Plantholt and the battling bishops out of Delaware. Your move Koch either make the changes or lose your biggest fan... the ball is in your court.
TopperLax82

Post by TopperLax82 »

Prepschoolkid wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 4:56 pm Well with no news of any coaching changes out of granville yet I am starting to become less and less optimistic about a future without the bartletts on the sidelines. While I want to be angry I cannot be as it starts at the top and works its way down. The athletic department is more concerned about their image than they are with results. Would rather have a program that pushes their forward agenda than win NCAA tournament games. If no changes are made by the start of the school year I will have to make the hard decision to begin cheering for Plantholt and the battling bishops out of Delaware. Your move Koch either make the changes or lose your biggest fan... the ball is in your court.
Bartlett's are gone.

DCOORD has been hired - just hasn't been announced.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”