D3 Mens Lacrosse
NNELax

Re: NESCAC

Post by NNELax »

Raba using a 6th year?
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

NNELax wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 6:56 am Raba using a 6th year?
Yes. He is.

Hearing grumblings that Mendoza was also up at Middlebury as recent as last week. Apparently he had interviewed at FDU, wonder if he’s in the running up there too. Daly would be a better fit IMO.
Bucket

Post by Bucket »

choochooCharlie wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 7:12 am
Yes. He is.

Hearing grumblings that Mendoza was also up at Middlebury as recent as last week. Apparently he had interviewed at FDU, wonder if he’s in the running up there too. Daly would be a better fit IMO.
Give it a rest.

Dave Campbell is not going anywhere.
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

Yes. He is.

Great player, but geez, time to move on. Always stings a little bit for those teams in the NESCAC that do not offer the grad school option. The NESCAC is so rigid with their rules in order to even the the playing field in the conference, the extra years seem to smack that in the face. Personally, I would rather see the NESCAC treat the extra eligibility like the ivies.
nelaxman

Post by nelaxman »

I think kids should play as long as you can! The real world will be waiting for you for the next 50 years! :D
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Bucket wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:23 am
Yes. He is.

Give it a rest.

Dave Campbell is not going anywhere.
He has de facto tenure in that position as long as EQ remains Athletic Director. Could they do better? Maybe. But he's a solid coach who connects generations of the program and is an all around good guy. That matters a lot to a lot of people who matter up there.
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

nelaxman wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:55 am I think kids should play as long as you can! The real world will be waiting for you for the next 50 years! :D
Admittedly, if I were in the player shoes, I would probably do it as well, but I am looking at it more from a conference-wide perspective, and the disparity that it creates. If the conference lets it happen, great for the affected player, but my feeling is that the conference should not let it happen as a policy.
choochooCharlie

ILikeChooChoos wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 1:18 pm
choochooCharlie wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:45 am
The12lov3 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:24 am That 1 sec click that people are using as proof of the Tufts fan base is just 2 20 yo kids being immature idiots.
Just 2 kids.

And callaxdad is just 1 obnoxious poster.
And the accounts of older fans being aggressive are just BS.
And 55 players taunting on the sideline are just “kids.”
And coach is just spending the hours pre-game on social media.

When it’s all taken together, it just seems like a team culture problem.
Once your disagreement shifts from being about facts to attempting insults it’s a sign that you’ve lost. I’m just your average Bates grad. I debate, it’s our nature. We’re taught to look beyond the basics of a topic, and face facts and circumstances head on. I wish all institutions did the same.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

shorelax12 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 1:35 pm
nelaxman wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:55 am I think kids should play as long as you can! The real world will be waiting for you for the next 50 years! :D
Admittedly, if I were in the player shoes, I would probably do it as well, but I am looking at it more from a conference-wide perspective, and the disparity that it creates. If the conference lets it happen, great for the affected player, but my feeling is that the conference should not let it happen as a policy.
I think it is stupid. Players should play 4 year or maybe give them a fifth but that is it. They need to end this ridiculousness.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

The12lov3 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 1:57 pm
shorelax12 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 1:35 pm
I think it is stupid. Players should play 4 year or maybe give them a fifth but that is it. They need to end this ridiculousness.
I'm somewhat ambivalent about it. The only reason this situation arose is because of how Covid was mismanaged and the horrible decisions that were made as a result (made in large part by people who I wouldn't hire to clean my toilets, but I digress) This will all be over in a year. If I'm the kid, and his parents, I say let the kid play as long as he/she has eligibility/you choose to pay for it. But, sucks if you're a kid who sat his first two years and worked hard to develop only to see a kid who should've been gone who is still there and competing against him for a spot.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

The12lov3 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 11:04 am
MVPiccoli wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 10:43 am
ah23 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 9:46 am Updated through Year 7 for two of D-III's best. 20-21 are combined to make a quasi-season because both were truncated by COVID.

For the millionth time: winning a title is hard, and even coaches we now recognize as great "didn't have what it takes to win"...right up until they did.

Looking forward to more heavyweight matchups between these two, neither program is going anywhere.
AMEN.
CD got his first NC 3 to 4 years before JC. That is impressive considering how good of a coach JC is.

Looking forward for more classic battles between the two teams.
Right now, to me at least, it seems like there is somewhat of a disparity between Sals, RIT and Tufts and the rest of D3. Yes, I know Hamilton beat Tufts and RPI beat RIT and W&L beat Sals...none are unbeatable but they seem to be head and shoulders above D3 rn. Who else out there can rise up and break into that group? I would throw Bowdion in there for one, really like their HC.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

ah23 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 9:46 am Updated through Year 7 for two of D-III's best. 20-21 are combined to make a quasi-season because both were truncated by COVID.

For the millionth time: winning a title is hard, and even coaches we now recognize as great "didn't have what it takes to win"...right up until they did.

Looking forward to more heavyweight matchups between these two, neither program is going anywhere.
Also, I think what is interesting about this chart and is worth pointing out is the progression of the Result column. L 3R, L QF, L QF, L SF, L SF, L Final, Champs. Tufts advanced, or at least got as far, every year of his College coaching career, that's pretty impressive!!
choochooCharlie

nelaxman wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 2:38 am
Wesleyan
Tufts
Middlebury
Bowdoin
Hamilton
Amherst
Colby
Trinity
Williams
Bates
Conn
Good choices. Understand the Wes love. They did win the ‘CAC.

choochoo’s waaay early predictions

Tufts
Wes
Bowdoin
Amherst
Williams
Hamilton
Colby
Bates
Trinity
Conn
Mickey Mantle

Post by Mickey Mantle »

When does he start collecting Social Security?
HockeyLaxGolf42

Post by HockeyLaxGolf42 »

Mickey Mantle wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 8:46 pm
When does he start collecting Social Security?
Probably goes for free since his dad is an employee. That can’t be legal! Nescac should investigate this scholarship (sarcasm)
catinthewild

Post by catinthewild »

choochooCharlie wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 1:56 pm Once your disagreement shifts from being about facts to attempting insults it’s a sign that you’ve lost. I’m just your average Bates grad. I debate, it’s our nature. We’re taught to look beyond the basics of a topic, and face facts and circumstances head on. I wish all institutions did the same.
You lied about going to Bates, you even chose a specific class to lie about being in (which, whoops, anyone can fact check, especially people who actually went there), and you lied about PMing me about it when you got called out. Shut your mouth.
nelaxman

Post by nelaxman »

Raba has only played 32 career games, which is incredible given the numbers he puts up every game. He definitely deserves another year. He lost two seasons (2020 and 2021) to COVID and another year (2022) with ACL tear. They should give him two more years in my opion. Hazard has a sixth year if he wanted it as well. Hopefully he takes it.

Judd Brown from Salisbury played 106 career games over his six years. Now that is maximizing your time. Chase Farrera from Salisbury played six years as well. We are in uncharted territory with the COVID situation. There are many six-year players out there; we just don't hear about them as much because they are outside of NESCAC.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

nelaxman wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 12:14 am Raba has only played 32 career games, which is incredible given the numbers he puts up every game. He definitely deserves another year. He lost two seasons (2020 and 2021) to COVID and another year (2022) with ACL tear. They should give him two more years in my opion. Hazard has a sixth year if he wanted it as well. Hopefully he takes it.

Judd Brown from Salisbury played 106 career games over his six years. Now that is maximizing your time. Chase Farrera from Salisbury played six years as well. We are in uncharted territory with the COVID situation. There are many six-year players out there; we just don't hear about them as much because they are outside of NESCAC.
So, by the letter of the (NC$$) law you have 5 years to play 4 seasons. There are certain exceptions where you get a 6th. Covid not withstanding. That said, even though he graduated HS in 2019, this kid deserves another freaking year, IMHO!! If he chooses to exercise that option, good for him. Although it’s not to the benefit of the team that I happen to root for, I support that 100%!! He’s a tremendous player who’s had some crappy luck. Take the 6th year and make the most of it kid!! I for one look forward to watching him play one final season, kids a baller!!
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

nelaxman wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 12:14 am Raba has only played 32 career games, which is incredible given the numbers he puts up every game. He definitely deserves another year. He lost two seasons (2020 and 2021) to COVID and another year (2022) with ACL tear. They should give him two more years in my opion. Hazard has a sixth year if he wanted it as well. Hopefully he takes it.

To be clear, my comments are not meant to take anything away from Raba, he is a terrific player, and from all accounts a good kid, so I under the emotional perspective. However, the NESCAC, for better or worse, operates within its own subset of rules in order to maintain consistency with recruiting and to ensure that academics are prioritized over athletics. I understand that similar situations have occurred outside of the NESCAC, some even bordering on the ridiculous, but that is outside the NESCAC. Therefore, when schools like Salisbury, CNU, etc. take advantage of the system, I do not really care because many of their peers are doing it, and honestly, it is not the NESCAC where my kid plays. Only a few NESCAC schools offer graduate programs, so the playing field is not even because the schools without grad programs cannot do what their NESCAC peers with grad programs are doing. Again, to reiterate, if it was my kid, or if I am a supporter of Wesleyan, hell yeah, but from an outsiders perspective, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

shorelax12 wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 7:51 am

To be clear, my comments are not meant to take anything away from Raba, he is a terrific player, and from all accounts a good kid, so I under the emotional perspective. However, the NESCAC, for better or worse, operates within its own subset of rules in order to maintain consistency with recruiting and to ensure that academics are prioritized over athletics. I understand that similar situations have occurred outside of the NESCAC, some even bordering on the ridiculous, but that is outside the NESCAC. Therefore, when schools like Salisbury, CNU, etc. take advantage of the system, I do not really care because many of their peers are doing it, and honestly, it is not the NESCAC where my kid plays. Only a few NESCAC schools offer graduate programs, so the playing field is not even because the schools without grad programs cannot do what their NESCAC peers with grad programs are doing. Again, to reiterate, if it was my kid, or if I am a supporter of Wesleyan, hell yeah, but from an outsiders perspective, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

My problem are the records. Would Jude Brown be the all time leading scorer with 14 extra games under his belt. In theory if there are 23 games in a season including the NC, that would extrapolate out to 92 games. 14 extra games would translate to a lot more points. You take those away and Jude Brown is probably a lot lower on the toten poll.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”