Post by Kismet »

IL has Farmingdale over Hills 11-6

63 years :oops:
LI13

Re: Long Island 2024

Post by LI13 »

Kismet wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 5:31 pm IL has Farmingdale over Hills 11-6

Flipped on the stream just in time to see Farmingdale celebrating. Very disappointing for Suffolk
Klaxman

Post by Klaxman »

LI13 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 5:39 pm

Flipped on the stream just in time to see Farmingdale celebrating. Very disappointing for Suffolk
Is anyone suprise with that score
LI13

Post by LI13 »

Klaxman wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 5:48 pm

I'm definitely surprised.
Klaxman

Post by Klaxman »

Is there any streaming south side east islip game
LI13

Post by LI13 »

Klaxman wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 6:00 pm Is there any streaming south side east islip game
NFHS
Klaxman

Post by Klaxman »

4 to 2 end of 1south west 3 goals
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

CSH 6 Babylon 3
Klaxman

Post by Klaxman »

8 to 4 south in 3rd
Last edited by Klaxman on Wed May 29, 2024 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Farmingdale, extremely well-coached. Hills West will be back in this game next year. I think they actually face off against a Port Washington squad with a loaded 2025 class that gained tons of experience this past year.

Joe
Klaxman

Post by Klaxman »

Bayport 9 wantagh 7 final
Klaxman

Post by Klaxman »

South side 12 east islip 9 final
kr522

Post by kr522 »

LI13 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 5:52 pm

Me too, what is happening to Suffolk lacrosse….they never used to lose Class A games. Now they’re non-competitive vs GC every year and lose as often as they win vs Nassau A. This was a poor year statically speaking for Nassau A too. Is this all the St Anthony’s effect?
LI13

Post by LI13 »

kr522 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:38 am

Me too, what is happening to Suffolk lacrosse….they never used to lose Class A games. Now they’re non-competitive vs GC every year and lose as often as they win vs Nassau A. This was a poor year statically speaking for Nassau A too. Is this all the St Anthony’s effect?
Surely Suffolk lax would be better without St Anthony's but it's not as though Hills lacked talent. That was a very good team. So was Northport. I think the result was kind of fluky, a good performance and coaching job by Farmingdale. It's not like they don't have talent either.

Suffolk A certainly isn't as deep as it was but I think the top teams are still quite good (not 2010 WI and 2013 WM good obviously but good).
WhatIPostLike

Post by WhatIPostLike »

LI13 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:28 am

Surely Suffolk lax would be better without St Anthony's but it's not as though Hills lacked talent. That was a very good team. So was Northport. I think the result was kind of fluky, a good performance and coaching job by Farmingdale. It's not like they don't have talent either.

Suffolk A certainly isn't as deep as it was but I think the top teams are still quite good (not 2010 WI and 2013 WM good obviously but good).
Hills was an extremely talented team this year and a lot of fun to watch. I'll also point out that these young men have a lot class both in victory and defeat and help with my 1st graders PAL practices every week. Having watched them a few times this year including the Farmingdale game, I want to say that Hills would beat them if they lined up against each other again tomorrow but I'm not so sure. Farmingdale just looked better yesterday and a lot of their goals were much better looks than anything Hills was getting. They also were able to answer all of the Hills goals almost immediately so they could never get any momentum.

I have no idea how or why the Suffolk leagues are structured the way they are but I personally believe that Hills schedule was a detriment to them in the long run. They played maybe 7 competitive games this year, two of which they lost. There needs to be some way for suffolk teams to schedule teams from other classes. I haven't looked at everyone's schedule but from what I did look at, I see none or very little of that in suffolk. I'm sure that Hills would love to have taken a loss to BBP and/or EI on their schedule in order to be more battle tested for the playoffs.

In yesterday's game it seemed to me that once Hills got behind by a few goals, it was like they didn't know what to do and started forcing passes and shots when they really didn't need to. They also played sloppier than I had seen them with quite a few dropped passes and turnovers. Credit to Farmingdale for the win and good luck going forward.
lilax

Post by lilax »

WhatIPostLike wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 11:06 am I have no idea how or why the Suffolk leagues are structured the way they are but I personally believe that Hills schedule was a detriment to them in the long run. They played maybe 7 competitive games this year, two of which they lost. There needs to be some way for suffolk teams to schedule teams from other classes. I haven't looked at everyone's schedule but from what I did look at, I see none or very little of that in suffolk. I'm sure that Hills would love to have taken a loss to BBP and/or EI on their schedule in order to be more battle tested for the playoffs.

In yesterday's game it seemed to me that once Hills got behind by a few goals, it was like they didn't know what to do and started forcing passes and shots when they really didn't need to. They also played sloppier than I had seen them with quite a few dropped passes and turnovers. Credit to Farmingdale for the win and good luck going forward.
I thought you could see the difference the Nassau Power League made yesterday, especially in the A and B game.

Farmingdale and SS played with more pace and didn’t make many mistakes.
LI13

Post by LI13 »

WhatIPostLike wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 11:06 am

Hills was an extremely talented team this year and a lot of fun to watch. I'll also point out that these young men have a lot class both in victory and defeat and help with my 1st graders PAL practices every week. Having watched them a few times this year including the Farmingdale game, I want to say that Hills would beat them if they lined up against each other again tomorrow but I'm not so sure. Farmingdale just looked better yesterday and a lot of their goals were much better looks than anything Hills was getting. They also were able to answer all of the Hills goals almost immediately so they could never get any momentum.

I have no idea how or why the Suffolk leagues are structured the way they are but I personally believe that Hills schedule was a detriment to them in the long run. They played maybe 7 competitive games this year, two of which they lost. There needs to be some way for suffolk teams to schedule teams from other classes. I haven't looked at everyone's schedule but from what I did look at, I see none or very little of that in suffolk. I'm sure that Hills would love to have taken a loss to BBP and/or EI on their schedule in order to be more battle tested for the playoffs.

I've been saying for years that the league structure in Suffolk makes no sense and is detrimental both to the top teams and to developing programs forced to play those teams. At the very least, teams should not be forced to play 14 league games, which limits them to just 2 non league opportunities. Alas, nobody at the Section XI office cares what I think.
kr522

Post by kr522 »

LI13 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 11:30 am

I've been saying for years that the league structure in Suffolk makes no sense and is detrimental both to the top teams and to developing programs forced to play those teams. At the very least, teams should not be forced to play 14 league games, which limits them to just 2 non league opportunities. Alas, nobody at the Section XI office cares what I think.
IMO this was true even when Section XI division 1 was dominating its NYS lacrosse scene, because there was very little way of gauging whether WI and WM were better than Manhasset and GC in some of those years when teams were going undefeated (I realize GC played WM but that was it). This is as much from a fan’s standpoint I realize, but everyone wins including coaches & players
LI13

Post by LI13 »

kr522 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 1:28 pm
LI13 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 11:30 am

IMO this was true even when Section XI division 1 was dominating its NYS lacrosse scene, because there was very little way of gauging whether WI and WM were better than Manhasset and GC in some of those years when teams were going undefeated (I realize GC played WM but that was it). This is as much from a fan’s standpoint I realize, but everyone wins including coaches & players
Yup.

Suffolk used to only have 12 league games and permit 17 total, also. Like in 2002 when Northport had its best team ever, our non league schedule was Comsewogue, Farmingdale, St Anthony's, and Mahopac (when Mahopac was good).
LI13

Post by LI13 »

The problem could also be solved by going to a power league. Imagine this league (based on success from past few seasons, but could quibble with some inclusions)

Hills
WM
Northport
Smithtown East
Smithtown West
Connetquot
Comsewogue
SWR
BBP
East Islip
West Islip
Mount Sinai

Wouldn't have any issues with SOS, maybe 1 or 2 of these teams would be weak in a given year.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”