NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
The12lov3

Re: NESCAC

Post by The12lov3 »

Laxxal22 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:30 am I played before the rise of the bench mob mentality, and I find the "cellys" a bit cringe. But I'm with MVPiccoli in acknowledging it's their game now. I find the Tufts antics far less annoying than the posters here and on Twitter who make it part of their mission in life to criticize the behavior.
I was at the Tufts - Wes home game in Medford and the Wes team celebrating a goals was over the top so I don't think it is necessarily a Tufts things. Listen they celebrate in the NFL these days and teams should feel free to celebrate if they choose. When it is unsportmanlike or taunting that is where the ref should throw the flag.

FYI - One of my favorites was when Joe Horn had the cell phone hidden under the padding in the Endzone and called all one of his homies.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

The12lov3 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 11:27 am
Laxxal22 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:30 am I played before the rise of the bench mob mentality, and I find the "cellys" a bit cringe. But I'm with MVPiccoli in acknowledging it's their game now. I find the Tufts antics far less annoying than the posters here and on Twitter who make it part of their mission in life to criticize the behavior.
I was at the Tufts - Wes home game in Medford and the Wes team celebrating a goals was over the top so I don't think it is necessarily a Tufts things. Listen they celebrate in the NFL these days and teams should feel free to celebrate if they choose. When it is unsportmanlike or taunting that is where the ref should throw the flag.

FYI - One of my favorites was when Joe Horn had the cell phone hidden under the padding in the Endzone and called all one of his homies.
It's def not unique to Tufts. I mean, we've always had a lot of sideline participation when there is on field success. It's evolved into the new game within the game.
richard

Post by richard »

I caught the Wesleyan Roanoke game played at the lacrosse hall of fame in sparks. The announcer had to remind spectators and players on the sideline to take things down a notch, that coming from the referees. Wesleyan players coming off the field were using language most of us use in everyday conversations making sure the volume was high enough to be heard in the back row. Their antics on the sideline were as strange as Stevensons #41 after their victory over Union. The Noke players watching could only shake their heads.
Most peculiar mama.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

MVPiccoli wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 11:33 am

It's def not unique to Tufts. I mean, we've always had a lot of sideline participation when there is on field success. It's evolved into the new game within the game.
it is not just tufts. you are right. but tufts goes above and beyond any other fan base i have encountered. salisbury has some abusive fans, but a small minority. and if someone asks them to tone it down, other salisbury fans step up to help calm things. tufts fans were like “f you, we always do this”.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Laxattackjack wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 1:30 pm

it is not just tufts. you are right. but tufts goes above and beyond any other fan base i have encountered. salisbury has some abusive fans, but a small minority. and if someone asks them to tone it down, other salisbury fans step up to help calm things. tufts fans were like “f you, we always do this”.
Calling BS on this.
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

Unknown Participant wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 1:50 pm

Calling BS on this.
My god man, just stop.

At this point, everyone else has abandoned the stance that “tufts doesn’t behave like that.”

callaxdad has adopted the “F that, we behave this way AND we won,” and the rest have walked it back to, “but other people do it too,” or “why can’t we celebrate? Who gets to decide what’s excessive?”

Give it up.
Unknown Participant

choochooCharlie wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 1:58 pm

Calling BS on this.
My god man, just stop.

At this point, everyone else has abandoned the stance that “tufts doesn’t behave like that.”

callaxdad has adopted the “F that, we behave this way AND we won,” and the rest have walked it back to, “but other people do it too,” or “why can’t we celebrate? Who gets to decide what’s excessive?”

Give it up.
I was referring to this: "tufts fans were like 'f you, we always do this'”.

Reading comprehension not your thing genius boy.
choochooCharlie

Unknown Participant wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 2:52 pm
Unknown Participant wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 1:50 pm Calling BS on this.
My god man, just stop.

Give it up.
I was referring to this: "tufts fans were like 'f you, we always do this'”.

Reading comprehension not your thing genius boy.
Yep, it’s also not the first time you’ve tried to “call BS” on specific situations from more than one person that were negative about Tufts’ behavior.

Situational awareness my man. :roll:

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say you didn’t go to tufts (or any other NESCAC).
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

choochooCharlie wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 6:53 am
callaxdad wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 2:44 am
JumboFan4 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:35 pm
choochooCharlie wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:05 pm
HockeyLaxGolf42 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:56 pm Mickey Mouse championship tbh. Tufts had the easiest path to a natty I’ve seen in a while. Bailed out left and right. At least we’ll see a cool video out of it. #soft
That is the most accurate description I’ve seen thus far.
Bahaha. Imagine trolling a D3 lax forum all season only to see the team you hate more than any with the Natty. Keep these pathetically envious posts coming, Charlie! Gonna be a long offseason, buddy! Did you even go to a NESCAC school, lol? #embarassing
JF4, this loser has been talking sh!t all season, all freaking season!! And now, he can eat sh!t!! The amount of hatred and vitriol this turd slung at the Jumbos this year was outrageous. Natty Champs choochooDickie!!
Oh the irony.

This. This is exactly what posters have been on Tufts about. Not whether they’re good at lacrosse, because clearly they are. After an entire season of denial that their team, coach and fans behave in this manner, here YOU are, even in victory, proving us all correct.

Too funny.
And to that bunch of gobbledygook my response is, whatevs. You must be confusing me with someone who gives a sh1t about your opinion young grasshopper. He who laughs last laughs the loudest!!
Last edited by callaxdad on Tue May 28, 2024 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

There is always going to be celebration in sports and I think it is fine as long as it is not mean-spirited, taunting, and unsportsmanlike. There are always going to be bad eggs in crowds and while it is easy to lump a fan base as all bad or all good, it simply aint that easy. People are entitled to their opinions but stating one teams fans sucks because of a few bad apples is unfair in my opinion. While I acknowledge that an unruly fan or a few unruly fans in a crowd can make watching a game less enjoyable, it is not the entire fan base.

For the players, those who shoot their mouths off on the field. 1) the refs should call plenties on them 2) the coach should pull that player off the field and sit them. There is no reason for people to be unsportsmanlike. Do people make mistakes yes and people say and do things when it gets heated on the field but to say that Tufts players are this or that is just unfair in my opinion. Alot of players make mistake and their coaches and teams should hold them accountable.

Listen, i am not on the sidelines and have been to my fair share of gamss and i have not really seen anything that would justify all the name calling for any team.

Not going to discount anyones experience but not something i have seen.
laxguy12389

Post by laxguy12389 »

Alright, who's got way too early 2025 pre-season rankings? Top of the league doesn't look too different, in my opinion:

1. Tufts - Scary how little they graduate
2. Amherst - Excellent defense and with Kopp at the X, should be a very tough team to beat with their offense only losing one real threat. Potential off season goalie battle?
3. Bowdoin - Graduate a lot but bring back a stellar goalie, two 4-year starting attackmen and two starting defensemen. Middle of the field will be the question, particularly at the X. Despite the graduation of do-it-all work-horse Goorno, the Dmid position seems to be in a good spot with Campbell, Sandor and Cardia having an excellent end to the season.
4. Middlebury - Strong rising senior class with 4-year starters on both sides of the ball.
5. Trinity - We'll see if the Bants can finally put it together while bringing back a strong goalie, LSM, d-mids and one of the better young attackmen in the league
6. Wesleyan - Big graduating class but have two of the best rising Sophomores in the league in their lefty sniper and LSM who are primed to be the future of the Cards
7. Hamilton - Bring back DPOY in Fried and if Jayme Wilde is back defense should be strong, the question will be offense.
8. Williams - Similarly, the Ephs struggled for offense in 2024 and graduate 3 of their top 4 scorers. Would like to see Doran take the leap he has showed flashes of the past couple of seasons
9. Colby - Showed improvement in 2024, I think they take a stride in 2025 under year 2 of Bernhardt
10. Bates - Annino gets out of the basement in year 3. Two strong rising sophomores in Doyle and Kondner
11. Conn - Dumpster fire in New London takes the throne from the 'Cats in Lewiston

Is this potentially the best class of keepers we've seen across the league in Hobbs, Fried, Opdahl, Kern and Likens (if he wins his job back)?
catinthewild

Post by catinthewild »

choochooCharlie wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 9:23 am
catinthewild wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 11:05 pm Tried to join a few weeks ago when I saw this guy bring up his "experience at Bates", had to wait to get approved and forgot, went here today after Tufts won and wouldn't you know it. Same guy. I played at Bates. None of the guys in the 13 class ever did anything at CNU. Don't know them well but I do have linkedin, just like everyone else. Stop making things up just because you think no one would bother to call it out.
PM sent. #RollCats
That's also a lie.

callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Calling BS on this.
My god man, just stop.

Give it up.
Oh c’mon little chooie….first off, and I know I’ve asked you to do this on a number of occasions, but, please stop trying to put words in my mouth… That said, you can’t handle a little F bomb here or there?!?!! Oh, so sowwy, did I offend your wittle virgin eyes by referring, not using but referring, to an F bomb?!! Gimme a break and grow a pair you little snowflake!!
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

The12lov3 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 6:22 pm There is always going to be celebration in sports and I think it is fine as long as it is not mean-spirited, taunting, and unsportsmanlike. There are always going to be bad eggs in crowds and while it is easy to lump a fan base as all bad or all good, it simply aint that easy. People are entitled to their opinions but stating one teams fans sucks because of a few bad apples is unfair in my opinion. While I acknowledge that an unruly fan or a few unruly fans in a crowd can make watching a game less enjoyable, it is not the entire fan base.

For the players, those who shoot their mouths off on the field. 1) the refs should call plenties on them 2) the coach should pull that player off the field and sit them. There is no reason for people to be unsportsmanlike. Do people make mistakes yes and people say and do things when it gets heated on the field but to say that Tufts players are this or that is just unfair in my opinion. Alot of players make mistake and their coaches and teams should hold them accountable.

Listen, i am not on the sidelines and have been to my fair share of gamss and i have not really seen anything that would justify all the name calling for any team.

Pretty good take….actually, spot on. Very reasonable and well said, IMHO.
choochooCharlie

callaxdad wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 8:58 pm

Calling BS on this.
My god man, just stop.

Give it up.
Oh c’mon little chooie….first off, and I know I’ve asked you to do this on a number of occasions, but, please stop trying to put words in my mouth… That said, you can’t handle a little F bomb here or there?!?!! Oh, so sowwy, did I offend your wittle virgin eyes by referring, not using but referring, to an F bomb?!! Gimme a break and grow a pair you little snowflake!!
Spoken like a true tufts fan.
choochooCharlie

callaxdad wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 9:02 pm
The12lov3 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 6:22 pm There is always going to be celebration in sports and I think it is fine as long as it is not mean-spirited, taunting, and unsportsmanlike. There are always going to be bad eggs in crowds and while it is easy to lump a fan base as all bad or all good, it simply aint that easy. People are entitled to their opinions but stating one teams fans sucks because of a few bad apples is unfair in my opinion. While I acknowledge that an unruly fan or a few unruly fans in a crowd can make watching a game less enjoyable, it is not the entire fan base.

You’re the “bad egg in the crowd” he’s talking about.
Unknown Participant

laxguy12389 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 7:49 pm Alright, who's got way too early 2025 pre-season rankings? Top of the league doesn't look too different, in my opinion:

1. Tufts - Scary how little they graduate
2. Amherst - Excellent defense and with Kopp at the X, should be a very tough team to beat with their offense only losing one real threat. Potential off season goalie battle?
3. Bowdoin - Graduate a lot but bring back a stellar goalie, two 4-year starting attackmen and two starting defensemen. Middle of the field will be the question, particularly at the X. Despite the graduation of do-it-all work-horse Goorno, the Dmid position seems to be in a good spot with Campbell, Sandor and Cardia having an excellent end to the season.
4. Middlebury - Strong rising senior class with 4-year starters on both sides of the ball.
5. Trinity - We'll see if the Bants can finally put it together while bringing back a strong goalie, LSM, d-mids and one of the better young attackmen in the league
6. Wesleyan - Big graduating class but have two of the best rising Sophomores in the league in their lefty sniper and LSM who are primed to be the future of the Cards
7. Hamilton - Bring back DPOY in Fried and if Jayme Wilde is back defense should be strong, the question will be offense.
8. Williams - Similarly, the Ephs struggled for offense in 2024 and graduate 3 of their top 4 scorers. Would like to see Doran take the leap he has showed flashes of the past couple of seasons
9. Colby - Showed improvement in 2024, I think they take a stride in 2025 under year 2 of Bernhardt
10. Bates - Annino gets out of the basement in year 3. Two strong rising sophomores in Doyle and Kondner
11. Conn - Dumpster fire in New London takes the throne from the 'Cats in Lewiston

Is this potentially the best class of keepers we've seen across the league in Hobbs, Fried, Opdahl, Kern and Likens (if he wins his job back)?
Garzone is reportedly coming back for a 5th year for Tufts. Not sure how I feel about that tbh. He was great in the 2nd half of the NC, but he had a couple stinkers this year too (and past years). I don't think Tufts has had a gk steal a game since 2017. I'm probably over thinking it.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

shorelax12 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:17 am
callaxdad wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 10:35 pm
Tigerlax70 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 8:19 pm
callaxdad wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 7:38 pm
HockeyLaxGolf42 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:56 pm Mickey Mouse championship tbh. Tufts had the easiest path to a natty I’ve seen in a while. Bailed out left and right. At least we’ll see a cool video out of it. #soft
Oh, the hate is palatable!! #suckit Mickey Mouse!! And STFU while you’re at it!!! 🤣🤣👍🏻👍🏻 Roll Bos!!!
Actually, Just back from Philly after a great weekend of lax. Well, that’s if you watched the D3 game on Sunday. D1 games were boring and blowouts..sorry. As for the hater’s label, nothing but respect here. I’ve watched enough of these RIT vs Tufts battles over the years to appreciate excellent lax. This year it was Tufts turn. They were the underdog and they answered the bell. Props to them and looking forward to many more of these epic battles. From a pure lax perspective, fans have to be appreciative of players and coaches giving their all. Feeling the pain tonight, but looking forward to next season and the promise it brings.
Well said Tigerlax, disappointment in Philly for the Bo’s last year, Champs this year. Expect more of the same great lacrosse next year from these two programs! NESCAC will be loaded and coming after the Bos next year and expect the same from the LL and RIT. Hats off to the players and coaches for an amazing season!! Peace out!! CLD
I will preface this question/comment with the acknowledgement that I did not think that Tufts had the roster to win a NC this year, I was open about this early in the season. Having watched the team develop during the season, and after watching the NC game, I began to wonder whether the Tufts roster from last year was the reason for its loss in the NC game. Last year, the team relied heavily on a few incredible players, and the ebb and flow of that team was dictated by the play of that group. When Salisbury came out early and punched Tufts in the face, the big names seemed way out of sync and the team struggled. While the team recovered, it was too late to catch up. In comparison, while the roster still contained some notable talent, this season, with its hiccups along the way, seems to have resulted in a more well-rounded team with a larger number players that developed a strong chemistry as the season progressed. In the end, I think that this Tufts team was better able to face diversity due to the lost games, and the fact that there were a greater number of contributors. Admittedly not a Tufts fan, but they definitely came to play on Sunday.
shorelax, I think that is as a fair and unbiased and objective assessment from a non-Tufts guy that I’ve seen all year. Hey, they graduated something like a thousand points (kidding, some guys on this thread don’t get humor!) from last season. But, most of the top teams this year, preseason, had guys who are 22–24 years old, they’re mature players that have, for the most part, already peaked…Tufts had a bunch of 18, 19 and 20 year-old kids who matured physically and got better as the season went on. Tufts was a much different team on Sunday than they were when they lost to RIT way back the day before St. Patrick’s Day. Those were two very evenly matched team who played on Sunday, one that could’ve gone either way IMHO. Roll Bos!!
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

choochooCharlie wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 9:03 pm
callaxdad wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 9:02 pm

You’re the “bad egg in the crowd” he’s talking about.
Oh, of course I am….guilty as charged. 🤣🤣 And you’re the immature little mouthy punk who is a clueless spineless D-bag who likes to run his mouth and take shots at coaches and fans of the team/teams he hates. Won’t send you a bill for the life coach assessment…you can owe me!! Haha.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

choochooCharlie wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 9:02 pm
callaxdad wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 8:58 pm

Calling BS on this.
My god man, just stop.

Give it up.
Spoken like a true tufts fan.
Sure, I guess you’re the expert!! Haha 🤣🤣

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”