Tewaaraton Award 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
youthathletics

Re: Tewaaraton Award 2024

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:25 pm
CU77 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:24 pm I still miss Entenmann's Sour Cream Chip and Nut Loaf.

http://www.staceysnacksonline.com/2020/ ... -loaf.html

Maybe Liam will bring it back if he (totally undeservedly) gets the Tewy ...

save_percentage_leaders.jpg
Rasberry cheese danish cake baby
+100...so good
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

The Orfling wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:02 pm [M]y prediction is that the winner of the Tewey is now a 2-man race, and will be Pat Kav if he has 6 or more points in the championship game or Liam Entenmann if he has 10 or more saves. If both those things come to pass, maybe flip a coin, but I think this selection committee will be ripe to pick a goalie.
Bumping my prediction!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

The Orfling wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 1:57 pm
The Orfling wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:02 pm [M]y prediction is that the winner of the Tewey is now a 2-man race, and will be Pat Kav if he has 6 or more points in the championship game or Liam Entenmann if he has 10 or more saves. If both those things come to pass, maybe flip a coin, but I think this selection committee will be ripe to pick a goalie.
Bumping my prediction!
I’m for Liam…been arguing for him most of this discussion.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
CU77

Post by CU77 »

10th best save percentage in D1 this year and you're the first goalie to get the Tewy? :roll:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

CU77 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:41 pm 10th best save percentage in D1 this year and you're the first goalie to get the Tewy? :roll:
😂😂 yea, .034 diff between 1 and 10 is monstrous.
~Livy
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Pat Kavanaugh deserves the Tewaaraton, in my opinion. He’s a two-time national champion and the best player in Notre Dame history.

He should get the nod.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:17 pm Pat Kavanaugh deserves the Tewaaraton, in my opinion. He’s a two-time national champion and the best player in Notre Dame history.

He should get the nod.

DocBarrister
It's a selection committee, not voting, so the two ND guys won't split the vote. I could see either result. Congrats to both of them for leading ND to back to back wins.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

youthathletics wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 3:48 pm
CU77 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:41 pm 10th best save percentage in D1 this year and you're the first goalie to get the Tewy? :roll:
Yes actually. If he is to be the first goalie EVER to win, he should be absolutely dominant. No one is ever going to mention Entenmann in discussions of best college goalie ever and certainly this season doesn’t rank as one of the top 15-20 seasons a goalie has ever had. It speaks to the lack of a clear alternative that he was even a finalist. It’s not supposed to be career achievement. Imagine if Entenmann was a first year starter this year and had exactly the same season he had. He would barely have been on the final watch list.
Last edited by pcowlax on Mon May 27, 2024 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finster

Post by Finster »

The Orfling wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:21 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:17 pm Pat Kavanaugh deserves the Tewaaraton, in my opinion. He’s a two-time national champion and the best player in Notre Dame history.

He should get the nod.

DocBarrister
It's a selection committee, not voting, so the two ND guys won't split the vote. I could see either result. Congrats to both of them for leading ND to back to back wins.

I would watch a televised reality show of the committee debating. We’d have a great thread. 😂

It’ll be one of the two. I don’t agree with it, but either would be a worthy choice.
VoiceofReason

Post by VoiceofReason »

pcowlax wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:22 pm
Yes actually. If he is to be the first goalie EVER to win, he should be absolutely dominant. No one is ever going to mention Entenmann in discussions of best college goalie ever and certainly this season doesn’t rank as one of the top 15-20 seasons a goalie has ever had. It speaks to the lack of a clear alternative that he was even a finalist. It’s not supposed to be career achievement. Imagine if Entenmann was a first year starter this year and had exactly the same season he had. He would barely have been on the final watch list.
He was good all year....EXCEPTIONAL when he needed to be!!!

If you are going use that kind of logic; you could disqualify pretty much every one of the top-5!!

When I think "domination", I don't think SIX LOSS TEAMS (O'Neill, Shelly).....And I certainly don't think missed the postseason entirely!

Everyone is a hero from their couch....Entenmann showed up and did his job this weekend on the field!!

Hope the others enjoyed their holiday BBQ chicken and beer today!! Real players were busy winning titles!
Last edited by VoiceofReason on Mon May 27, 2024 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

VoiceofReason wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:29 pm

If you are going use that kind of logic; you could disqualify pretty much every one of the top-5!!

When I think "domination", I don't think SIX LOSS TEAMS (O'Neill, Shelly).....And I certainly don't think missed the postseason entirely!

Everyone is a hero from their couch....Entenmann showed up and did this weekend on the field!!

Hope the others enjoyed their holiday BBQ chicken and beer today!! Real players were business winning titles!
Agreed. The stat guys clearly do not understand the nuances that do not get recorded; the intangibles. Liam gets so many hockey style assists off quick clearing and putting ND in advantage offensive lacrosse.
~Livy
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

VoiceofReason wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:29 pm

Everyone is a hero from their couch....Entenmann showed up and did this weekend on the field!!

Hope the others enjoyed their holiday BBQ chicken and beer today!! Real players were business winning titles!
https://youtu.be/syV2LkGpQB0?si=hSTyhY3WVxOoNOEQ
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

This a top 5 team of all time. PK or LE
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Entenmann also has that save % while playing the toughest schedule in D1. Two time D1 champ to boot!!
Comeonman

Post by Comeonman »

Nice game today by Entenmann. And a nice one in the semis Saturday despite Denver’s poor shooting, following two sub 50% games in the first two rounds. He reminds me of Sugar Ray stealing the last 30 seconds of every round against Marvelous Marvin to win in 1987. He did the same thing in the ACC tournament after a mediocre regular season. He also showed up big in last year’s Final Four.

Perhaps he’s an avid reader of Emerson, since he seems to live by the famous quote “a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds”.

That stated, they can’t and won’t deny P. Kav the Tewey on his third try after this great season, but like I wrote a few weeks ago, since ND is America’s team I won’t be surprised if the lemmings on the committee give it to both Pat and Liam to share.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Comeonman wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:03 pm Nice game today by Entenmann. And a nice one in the semis Saturday despite Denver’s poor shooting, following two sub 50% games in the first two rounds. He reminds me of Sugar Ray stealing the last 30 seconds of every round against Marvelous Marvin to win in 1987. He did the same thing in the ACC tournament after a mediocre regular season. He also showed up big in last year’s Final Four.

Perhaps he’s an avid reader of Emerson, since he seems to live by the famous quote “a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds”.

That stated, they can’t and won’t deny P. Kav the Tewey on his third try after this great season, but like I wrote a few weeks ago, since ND is America’s team I won’t be surprised if the lemmings on the committee give it to both Pat and Liam to share.
Maybe a similar instance from 2014, where they voted in two frim the same team.
~Livy
Finster

Post by Finster »

Mr3Putt wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:36 pm This a top 5 team of all time. PK or LE

Dang. Cornell is then in the top 10 all time? Lost by one and should’ve won.

Congrats Cornell: you’re now top 10 of all time.

:lol:

(The recency bias here is off the charts)
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Cornell's goalie Wyatt Knust had a better save percentage than LE did in that game.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

It’s just Doc Schneider, Matt Russell, McMonagle, Scotty Rodgers and probably a few others it’s hard even though what I watched this weekend seems worthy
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
BetweenTheLines

Post by BetweenTheLines »

Finster wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 8:22 pm
Mr3Putt wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:36 pm This a top 5 team of all time. PK or LE
Dang. Cornell is then in the top 10 all time? Lost by one and should’ve won.

Congrats Cornell: you’re now top 10 of all time.

:lol:

(The recency bias here is off the charts)
Shoulda coulda woulda. If rankings were purely transitive, maybe they would've been in the playoffs.

This ND team is certainly up there in the top 5 or top 10. I'm not old enough to go too deep in the history books, but only 2006 UVA and 2022 MD are definitely better. Even 2005 Hopkins eeked out wins en route to the championship. This ND team just got better and better as the season wore on. They avenged their lone loss. As of today, they're one of the best teams ever.

Also, I thought you bet on ND in the end? Just be grateful you went with your brain and not your heart.

Maybe throw money on PK now too since your GOAT had to watch today from PLL training camp.
2023 2024

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”