Johns Hopkins 2025

D1 Mens Lacrosse
10stone5

Re: Johns Hopkins 2025

Post by 10stone5 »

jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

Yes Dwan, the constadides kid. Too much, ahem, soda, ahem, last night.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

norcalhop wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:33 am Insightful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n79ZwO1HX9I

Brody will be higher than Daniels in my book - always. I've run into him at Stanford a few times. He remembers Hopkins fondly.
Brodie goes to every home game he can as of a year or two ago. Brodie gave a talk in Beijing awhile ago and learned Mandarin to do it i have been told. Brilliant man.
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

jhu06 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:18 pm Yes Dwan, the constadides kid. Too much, ahem, soda, ahem, last night.
I remember in the old forums when everyone was questioning why Constantinides would give up a Hopkins education for Towson. His dad ended up coming on and saying they wanted to pursue a career in teaching and the expense of Hopkins therefore didn't make sense compared to teaching training at Towson. So another one that I'm not sure would have gone if Petro had stayed. His bio at Towson reads: majoring in physical education with the desire to be a teacher.

Makes sense to me to be honest. Especially if he was close to full pay at Hopkins.
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

OCanada wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:28 pm
norcalhop wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:33 am Insightful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n79ZwO1HX9I

Brody will be higher than Daniels in my book - always. I've run into him at Stanford a few times. He remembers Hopkins fondly.
Brodie goes to every home game he can as of a year or two ago. Brodie gave a talk in Beijing awhile ago and learned Mandarin to do it i have been told. Brilliant man.
I wonder if he moved back from California.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

The class of 2021 Petro recruits that decommitted after the coaching change haven't made a whole lot of impact at their new schools. Largely role players and a bunch of them aren't seeing the field. nyjay's favorite goalie recruit can't get on the field at Brown. Some guys at Penn State and Yale are contributing but no All-Americans and certainly no superstars to be heartbroken over. Honestly, the Towson FOGO is probably the best of the bunch and Callahan got the better of him this year. It wasn't shaping up to be one of Petro's better classes. PM's first two classes, our rising sophs and juniors, look considerably better than Petro's last (not counting the '21 class PM had to scramble to put together late during the pandemic after the coaching change, of which Callahan is really the only contributor).

I still remember the consternation over Murphy leaving. He had a good season for that historically great Maryland offense in 2022 alongside an army of elite players but since then he's struggled and this year has been rough. 7 goals in 15 games shooting 17%. His numbers have declined every year. Don't think he would have cracked our top 8 this year. And that's saying something because we could have used the help especially late in the season.
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

Hopkins was the first school to call Brendan Millon at midnight when recruiting contact period opened, and he did end up visiting before commiting to UVa. Hopefully, Milliman starts landing some whales soon.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:19 pm The class of 2021 Petro recruits that decommitted after the coaching change haven't made a whole lot of impact at their new schools. Largely role players and a bunch of them aren't seeing the field. nyjay's favorite goalie recruit can't get on the field at Brown. Some guys at Penn State and Yale are contributing but no All-Americans and certainly no superstars to be heartbroken over. Honestly, the Towson FOGO is probably the best of the bunch and Callahan got the better of him this year. It wasn't shaping up to be one of Petro's better classes. PM's first two classes, our rising sophs and juniors, look considerably better than Petro's last (not counting the '21 class PM had to scramble to put together late during the pandemic after the coaching change, of which Callahan is really the only contributor).

I still remember the consternation over Murphy leaving. He had a good season for that historically great Maryland offense in 2022 alongside an army of elite players but since then he's struggled and this year has been rough. 7 goals in 15 games shooting 17%. His numbers have declined every year. Don't think he would have cracked our top 8 this year. And that's saying something because we could have used the help especially late in the season.
The Greek God of Goalies was stuck behind the People's Goalie (who's in the portal now; wonder where he ends up?), so not entirely sure you can blame him. I think the two PSU middies could have been useful pieces. If I recall, Todaro was one of the highest rated in that class, and while he stuck it out, he hasn't played much at all. Too many injuries I guess.

PS - I just remember seeing a Darien/St. Anthony's game on ESPN and GGG, who I think was a sophomore at the time, was just unbelievably good. Was convinced he was going to be a star.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

norcalhop wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:29 pm Hopkins was the first school to call Brendan Millon at midnight when recruiting contact period opened, and he did end up visiting before commiting to UVa. Hopefully, Milliman starts landing some whales soon.
He's still looking for his Hopkins version of Jeff Teat. I get the sense that PM has unique tastes in recruits - I don't think he loves all the same guys that everyone else does. But when he loves a recruit that everyone else likes too (a la Teat), he's usually pretty good. Maybe because he didn't maximize his eligibility like most others, we forget just how good Teat was in college - he's just a savant.
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

nyjay wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:53 pm
norcalhop wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:29 pm Hopkins was the first school to call Brendan Millon at midnight when recruiting contact period opened, and he did end up visiting before commiting to UVa. Hopefully, Milliman starts landing some whales soon.
He's still looking for his Hopkins version of Jeff Teat. I get the sense that PM has unique tastes in recruits - I don't think he loves all the same guys that everyone else does. But when he loves a recruit that everyone else likes too (a la Teat), he's usually pretty good. Maybe because he didn't maximize his eligibility like most others, we forget just how good Teat was in college - he's just a savant.
Milliman has certainly shown a lot of player development thus far. His recruiting trail in Canada from his Cornell days is also certainly helping - especially given familiarity with recruits and high school coaches I imagine.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

PM looked to Canada a long time ago. At least since his days at RIT. RIT still brings in a lot of Canadians. He was not at Cornell for maybe 3 years. He did not have a team of 100% “his” players.

Jeff Teat is the son of Dan Teat a legendary player in Canada. He was very influential in Jeff’s decision w connections all over the game.

Regardless Teat had a great career under PM.

The market for Canadian players was much less efficient when he was at RIT leaving room for finding under recruited players. That market has become much more efficient since.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Its definitely a more efficient market,
the Canadian players.

Collison was overlooked, but the market caught up.

As far as Jeff Teat quality players,
I believe you saw them in the past two classes, Collison, Finn Thompson, Willem Firth.

Not on par with Teat of course.

Not seeing anybody like those 3 on the horizon although there is one Jr B kid who’s had a breakout year and may be eligible for an NCAA commit in Sept. depending on whether he gets a PG offer or decides to go pro box.
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

i wonder if Doc still thinks Hopkins had a chance against ND now. :lol:
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:52 pm
51percentcorn wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:41 pm Is Hackler a SSDM or an offensive middie? 16 goals would seem to suggest the latter
Believe he's more of an SSDM, but that he was needed to play a lot of offense this year due to Yale's injuries on that end. Seems to be one of an increasingly rare breed who can play both ends well. My guess is he's labeled a d-mid on the roster but given our graduations at the midfield, will be given every opportunity to chip in offensively.
Hackler is a really good O player as well. He's played mostly ssdm for Yale but I think that was a mistake. I wouldn't be shocked at all if he played extensive minutes at O mid this year for you guys. He's an excellent player.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

norcalhop wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:59 pm i wonder if Doc still thinks Hopkins had a chance against ND now. :lol:
You don’t?

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 3:27 pm
norcalhop wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:59 pm i wonder if Doc still thinks Hopkins had a chance against ND now. :lol:
You don’t?

DocBarrister
No.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

norcalhop wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 3:37 pm
You don’t?

DocBarrister
No.
You’re such a pessimist … a real Debbie Downer.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 3:41 pm
You don’t?

DocBarrister
No.

DocBarrister 8-)
I'm a realist. At the same time, I think I have more faith in our coach longer term than you.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

norcalhop wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 3:42 pm
You don’t?

DocBarrister
No.

DocBarrister 8-)
I'm a realist. At the same time, I think I have more faith in our coach longer term than you.
I’m still rooting for him, as I have said before. Think he is a very good coach, as I have said before. He is a very good recruiter, as I have said before.

I just don’t think he’s The Guy who leads Hopkins back to a national championship, as I have said before.

Very good just doesn't cut it when it comes to winning national championships.

PM won't have a team as talented as his 2024 squad for quite a while. He didn’t maximize the talent he had. I like the aggressive defense, the institution of a ride, his ability to recruit productive transfers. It's all very good.

It's just that very good is not enough. Now, that’s being real.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:11 pm
norcalhop wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 3:42 pm
You don’t?

DocBarrister
No.

DocBarrister 8-)
I’m still rooting for him, as I have said before. Think he is a very good coach, as I have said before. He is a very good recruiter, as I have said before.

I just don’t think he’s The Guy who leads Hopkins back to a national championship, as I have said before.

Very good just doesn't cut it when it comes to winning national championships.

PM won't have a team as talented as his 2024 squad for quite a while. He didn’t maximize the talent he had. I like the aggressive defense, the institution of a ride, his ability to recruit productive transfers. It's all very good.

It's just that very good is not enough. Now, that’s being real.

DocBarrister
A Fan has been telling us that for years.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”