Boston College National Champions!

D1 Womens Lacrosse
BCGold

Boston College National Champions!

Post by BCGold »

Felt great to type that

Down 6-0 with last years nightmare fresh in mind,,, from that point they dominated the game, outplaying and out scoring nw 14-7.

NW had their chances on the last possession, but the BC defense and Dolce’s insane save at the end proved too much!

Big night of celebrations in Boston, where women’s lac is on fire!☘️💖🥍
NULax2

Re: Boston College National Champions!

Post by NULax2 »

Congrats to BC & AWW. Well deserved.
lacrosselaxin20

Post by lacrosselaxin20 »

Kayla Martello reminds me of Cara Urbank. Criminally underrated. CLUTCH GENE!
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

lacrosselaxin20 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:50 pm Kayla Martello reminds me of Cara Urbank. Criminally underrated. CLUTCH GENE!
It's criminal that Kayla martello is not an All-American!!
LuvLax

Post by LuvLax »

I'm an NU Alum & I have to say that was one of the most exciting games I have ever seen. It says a lot about the Women's game today.

BC could have folded after the 1st quarter but hung in there. Exciting until the clock ran out. All credit to BC - a well-earned National Championship!
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

Great game!!! Martello absolutely turned the tide with her 4 straight goals.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Boston College. Two national championships in four years; back to back ACC championships; three Tewaaraton awards; seven straight trips to the national championship game. Clearly now a dynasty.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

Great shooting by Martello but what a team effort. Credit game planning, execution, poise and a "will to win" more than anything else. BC scored 1 goal in first 25 minutes and 13 in the final 35 minutes against a very good defense and goalie. 10 of those goals were assisted (only 3 from NU were assisted) with 7 coming from Clark and Smith. Need to look beyond just the goal scorer. Same player struggled in semis. BC offense was beautiful to watch once they settled in.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Thanks so much for beating NW and helping us Terps keep our 7 championship lead over them. It’s ok for BC to have 2. I just don’t want anybody getting within 5 of us and BC has a Terp coach so doubly happy.
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

I've been watching BC lax for quite some time. They have had some great teams over the years going back to Stanwick/Rix/Mannelly then Appuzzo/Arsenault/Kent but shockingly they never won a Natty or ACC championship in those years. There is something about the group they have had the last 4 years that seems quite special winning with North and then without her. One can argue that they may not have had the superstar element but they had a deep team of very talented players, that played a great brand of team lacrosse. Depth of talent is also better than in the early years of BC lax. Do others see it differently?
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Lax101 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 12:06 pm I've been watching BC lax for quite some time. They have had some great teams over the years going back to Stanwick/Rix/Mannelly then Appuzzo/Arsenault/Kent but shockingly they never won a Natty or ACC championship in those years. There is something about the group they have had the last 4 years that seems quite special winning with North and then without her. One can argue that they may not have had the superstar element but they had a deep team of very talented players, that played a great brand of team lacrosse. Depth of talent is also better than in the early years of BC lax. Do others see it differently?
A little bit. The classes you mentioned may not have won a national championship, but they helped establish, improve, and maintain the team foundation & culture. BC’s national champions bought into that team culture as recruits, were raised in it as underclassmen, & added their own legacy as they went through the program. This success was years in the making.
OuttaNowhereWregget

wlaxphan20 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:53 pm
Lax101 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 12:06 pm I've been watching BC lax for quite some time. They have had some great teams over the years going back to Stanwick/Rix/Mannelly then Appuzzo/Arsenault/Kent but shockingly they never won a Natty or ACC championship in those years. There is something about the group they have had the last 4 years that seems quite special winning with North and then without her. One can argue that they may not have had the superstar element but they had a deep team of very talented players, that played a great brand of team lacrosse. Depth of talent is also better than in the early years of BC lax. Do others see it differently?
A little bit. The classes you mentioned may not have won a national championship, but they helped establish, improve, and maintain the team foundation & culture. BC’s national champions bought into that team culture as recruits, were raised in it as underclassmen, & added their own legacy as they went through the program. This success was years in the making.
Nifty feature on the subject posted nine years ago on YouTube. I went looking but couldn't find a feature from years back where at-the-time current BC players like Cara Urbank talked about who inspired them to choose Boston College. I think Urbank's hero was Mikaela Rix if I remember correctly.

tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 3:33 am
wlaxphan20 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:53 pm
Nifty feature on the subject posted nine years ago on YouTube. I went looking but couldn't find a feature from years back where at-the-time current BC players like Cara Urbank talked about who inspired them to choose Boston College. I think Urbank's hero was Mikaela Rix if I remember correctly.

Mikaela Rix is one of my favorite players. Watched her in high school and her landing at BC made me pay attention to them.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Congratulations to the Boston College Women's Lacrosse team on winning the National Championship. Well done.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”