TV Broadcasts/Announcers/Production

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Comeonman

Re: TV Broadcasts/Announcers/Production

Post by Comeonman »

vburk6 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 12:53 pm I don’t get why they just keep praising entemann when kleban had 8 saves at 3 goals vs. but they wouldn’t stop talking about how good entemann’s save was.
Thank you.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Comeonman wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:18 pm
vburk6 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 12:53 pm I don’t get why they just keep praising entemann when kleban had 8 saves at 3 goals vs. but they wouldn’t stop talking about how good entemann’s save was.
Thank you.
they don't even know entenmann own goaled himself.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

wgdsr wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:28 pm
Comeonman wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:18 pm
Thank you.
they don't even know entenmann owned goaled himself.
Even if they knew, I'm not sure they'd say.
Lax3

Post by Lax3 »

As much as the sport has grown and continues to be so much fun to watch, the size of the sport is such that there are no viable alternatives to Quinnt and Carc in the big-time games I guess. It is just brutal. Why no Ryan Boyle?
Laxfan88

Post by Laxfan88 »

Anybody catch Anish with his “bovine fertilizer”?!?! 🤣
HGK

Post by HGK »

Coach Shriver who does HS games would be a great addition to these announcer teams.
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

Wait, why is Carc still there? Isn’t it time for Pkav’s happy ending now?
Lax3

Post by Lax3 »

We just had four huge plays in the first minute of the UVA-MD game. Couldn't make that up.
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

I don’t understand why this crew -game after game - continue to reference a point over and over and over and over. We got it the first time. You don’t need to mention the same thing 5 times in a row.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

No matter how much they promote the PLL, I won't be watching it.

That was a good close-up of Lars' face after Burlace's goal.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

If you're jonesing for some lax today, the women's championship game between the defending champs Northwestern "Lake Show", with last year's Tewy winner and all-time NCAA career goal scorer Izzy Scane, and 7th-consecutive championship game appearance (with one win) Boston College was a great one. Available on ESPN+ replay. And the announcing team shows how it's done, calling the game in front of them and putting the men's Quint-Carc clown show to shame.
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

I thought they were fine yesterday. Carc is good on the sideline. They just have to throw away their 45 minutes of hosannahs for Shelly, O'Neill, Kastner's playing at Stanford!, Dyson, Cormier! etc. and learn the Maryland roster past the number 1.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

The women's game had zero minutes of overhype and irrelevant blather instead of 45 minutes, which does not qualify as "fine" announcing IMO.
Last edited by CU77 on Sun May 26, 2024 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:17 pm
Unknown Participant wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:09 pm Stawick a color gal that never played the game, I get enough of that in the NHL, altho good pipes (the hop faithful love her because she is a woman)
The Hop faithful don’t really have a strong opinion of her one way or the other. Gotta love this casual misogyny though. Weirdo
It's not misogyny you dingbat.
Jldlax

Post by Jldlax »

CU77 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:12 pm If you're jonesing for some lax today, the women's championship game between the defending champs Northwestern "Lake Show", with last year's Tewy winner and all-time NCAA career goal scorer Izzy Scane, and 7th-consecutive championship game appearance (with one win) Boston College was a great one. Available on ESPN+ replay. And the announcing team shows how it's done, calling the game in front of them and putting the men's Quint-Carc clown show to shame.

Agree 100% regarding the announcing. The fourth-quarter of the women’s game today and it was all about the game and players. No babbling about the relevant things in the booth
BlueJaySince1947

Post by BlueJaySince1947 »

Refreshing to hear professionals unlike the little fellows... :lol:
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

You can promote the game by just presenting/reporting the game. These guys pump "memes", whether their own or prompted by espn IDK. It's not out of the ordinary: "up close and personal", or the NBA for years being (in)famous for focusing on stars/personalities over the sport. It's kind of understandable if you define growing the game as appealing to 10-14 year old boys.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

bearlaxfan wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 11:35 am You can promote the game by just presenting/reporting the game. These guys pump "memes", whether their own or prompted by espn IDK. It's not out of the ordinary: "up close and personal", or the NBA for years being (in)famous for focusing on stars/personalities over the sport. It's kind of understandable if you define growing the game as appealing to 10-14 year old boys.
I’m a fan of the Kavanaughs. But watching the game today - the way they mention their names non-stop is so annoying.

Quint’s most recent comment: “Be a Kavanaugh Today”
jff97

Post by jff97 »

Brownlax wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:58 pm
bearlaxfan wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 11:35 am You can promote the game by just presenting/reporting the game. These guys pump "memes", whether their own or prompted by espn IDK. It's not out of the ordinary: "up close and personal", or the NBA for years being (in)famous for focusing on stars/personalities over the sport. It's kind of understandable if you define growing the game as appealing to 10-14 year old boys.
I’m a fan of the Kavanaughs. But watching the game today - the way they mention their names non-stop is so annoying.

Quint’s most recent comment: “Be a Kavanaugh Today”
You would think no brothers have ever been good at lacrosse the way they talk about them.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Cotter just announced that they will have the “Paul Show” at halftime. Great - let’s have Rabil on so he can promote the PLL with Carc.

NOT looking forward to this. Hopefully I am wrong and they can keep it to NCAA lacrosse.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”