The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by youthathletics »

Why would a POTUS lie to USNA & West Point during commencement speeches?

https://x.com/rncresearch/status/179437 ... a82I2GssRg
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:43 pm Why would a POTUS lie to USNA & West Point during commencement speeches?

https://x.com/rncresearch/status/179437 ... a82I2GssRg
Why would this bother you, considering your hero lies about everything and totes around a bible to look good?
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

I haven't looked into the context, but has Biden said he's smarter than the generals, or has he saluted other country's military officials? Or called our heros losers and suckers? Or cr@pped on gold star families? Or directly given away classified secrets to our enemies while sitting in the Oval?

Have any of Trump's kids served?

Clown show out here.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:12 pm I haven't looked into the context, but has Biden said he's smarter than the generals, or has he saluted other country's military officials? Or called our heros losers and suckers? Or cr@pped on gold star families? Or directly given away classified secrets to our enemies while sitting in the Oval?

Clown show out here.
Just putting it out there….

Probably can find Old Joe saying the same stuff on some obscure twitter site dedicated to old Joe bashing the military
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:12 pm I haven't looked into the context, but has Biden said he's smarter than the generals, or has he saluted other country's military officials? Or called our heros losers and suckers? Or cr@pped on gold star families? Or directly given away classified secrets to our enemies while sitting in the Oval?

Clown show out here.
Well nobody really knows how Bidens mishandling and storing of classified information might have been misused. If Biden thought he could make a quick buck he is no more honorable than trump. What your saying is we should all blindly believe everything Biden says. That obviously works for you but it doesn't work for most people that still have a functional brain. Not when you understand that depending on what was in those documents there is the likelihood they may have been compromised. 🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑 Joe would never do that. His son would do so in a heartbeat. A chip off the old block he is. :roll:
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
NattyBohChamps04

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:13 am

Clown show out here.
Well nobody really knows how Bidens mishandling and storing of classified information might have been misused. If Biden thought he could make a quick buck he is no more honorable than trump. What your saying is we should all blindly believe everything Biden says. That obviously works for you but it doesn't work for most people that still have a functional brain. Not when you understand that depending on what was in those documents there is the likelihood they may have been compromised. 🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑 Joe would never do that. His son would do so in a heartbeat. A chip off the old block he is. :roll:
You can speculate all you want until the cows come home.

I'm talking about stuff Trump has actually said and done.

But if getting insulted by Trump for your military service gets your rocks off, then you do you.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:19 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:13 am

Clown show out here.
You can speculate all you want until the cows come home.

I'm talking about stuff Trump has actually said and done.

But if getting insulted by Trump for your military service gets your rocks off, then you do you.
The operative word in your sentence was " speculate" In lieu of any real facts the only thing either party has to put forward is speculation. Speculation is maybe only one rung down on that ladder from conspiracy theories. Hell 60 years later people still want to know who the 2nd shooter was behind the grassy knoll.
NattyBohChamps04

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:36 pmThe operative word in your sentence was " speculate" In lieu of any real facts the only thing either party has to put forward is speculation. Speculation is maybe only one rung down on that ladder from conspiracy theories. Hell 60 years later people still want to know who the 2nd shooter was behind the grassy knoll.
Of course it's the key word! You're speculating on what happened with Biden.

I'm talking about actual words that came out of DJT's mouth cr@pping on servicemen. And actions he performed inside the Oval Office regarding giving away classified intel. Actual things that happened. :lol:
ggait

Post by ggait »

The lifelong republican special counsel declined to charge Biden.

No comparison to what Trump did and was rightfully indicted for.

And remember, Trump thinks you are an loser and a chump for having served in uniform.

Happy Memorial Day. Thank you for your service.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:54 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:36 pmThe operative word in your sentence was " speculate" In lieu of any real facts the only thing either party has to put forward is speculation. Speculation is maybe only one rung down on that ladder from conspiracy theories. Hell 60 years later people still want to know who the 2nd shooter was behind the grassy knoll.

I'm talking about actual words that came out of DJT's mouth cr@pping on servicemen. And actions he performed inside the Oval Office regarding giving away classified intel. Actual things that happened. :lol:
My speculation carries over to IF trump wins in November. I speculate that Joe Biden will find himself on the receiving end of a very thorough investigation led by a DoJ every bit as vindictive as the DoJ going after trump. Would that be fair? Hell no it wouldn't be fair but it will happen and will happen post haste. Trump would enjoy nothing more than seeing Bidens mugshot all over the media.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:54 pm

My speculation carries over to IF trump wins in November. I speculate that Joe Biden will find himself on the receiving end of a very thorough investigation led by a DoJ every bit as vindictive as the DoJ going after trump. Would that be fair? Hell no it wouldn't be fair but it will happen and will happen post haste. Trump would enjoy nothing more than seeing Bidens mugshot all over the media. IMO the Democrats would have been better served to have let trump fade away into oblivion. Instead they are hell bent on having a ring side seat while they turn him into a martyr. IF trump wins in November he may have to give a shout out to the Democrats for making it happen. Well having Joe Biden as your " chosen one" is likely to come back and bite you in the arse.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

It would have been great if the GOP senators had voted to convict on impeachment. That indeed would have had Trump fade away.

But they didn’t and instead it became clear that the MAGA takeover was reality and ongoing, no fading away.

I don’t think the legal cases in any way prevented him from leaving the scene.

Arguably this State court case might not have been brought as it is likely fair to say that Trump’s insistence on presenting himself as blameless for political benefit is what made him such a tempting target.

And if he had not insisted on keeping the national intelligence documents and so blatantly obstructed, that case could have been avoided. But he insisted on claiming he was the actual President and they were His documents. I don’t see any avoiding prosecution, but it could have been settled had he not preferred the fight for political reasons.

I think the other two cases, had he been impeached and convicted, might have had him as an unindicted co-conspirator ala most recent state case.

But the GOP opted for the MAGA takeover.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 10:54 am It would have been great if the GOP senators had voted to convict on impeachment. That indeed would have had Trump fade away.

But they didn’t and instead it became clear that the MAGA takeover was reality and ongoing, no fading away.

Arguably this State court case might not have been brought as it is likely fair to say that Trump’s insistence on presenting himself as blameless for political benefit is what made him such a tempting target.

And if he had not insisted on keeping the national intelligence documents and so blatantly obstructed, that case could have been avoided. But he insisted on claiming he was the actual President and they were His documents. I don’t see any avoiding prosecution, but it could have been settled had he not preferred the fight for political reasons.

I think the other two cases, had he been impeached and convicted, might have had him as an unindicted co-conspirator ala most recent state case.

I think most people understand where your coming from. It becomes hugely more complicated if trump wins in November. I don't need to tell you. I don't have the slightest clue what happens if trump is convicted and then wins the election. If trump does win this nation will find itself in uncharted territory. I wouldn't want to be one of the Democrats on trumps revenge list. Guilty... Innocent... It won't matter, there will be hell to pay and trump won't even try and pretend what he is up to. Hell it won't surprise me if trump also included the MM in his vendetta. It will resemble on of those fake wrestling shows with people smacking each other over the head with chairs and launching them outside the ring onto tables. It will be a political donnybrook for the ages. Why is it that the cynical person in me sees Lester Holt grinning and rubbing his hands together dreaming about ratings going through the roof. I'm going to hell for saying this but the only scenario that saves the day is trump having a face to face with the grim reaper. Hopefully GR is in a foul mood that day.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 1:22 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 10:54 am It would have been great if the GOP senators had voted to convict on impeachment. That indeed would have had Trump fade away.

I think most people understand where your coming from. It becomes hugely more complicated if trump wins in November. I don't need to tell you. I don't have the slightest clue what happens if trump is convicted and then wins the election. If trump does win this nation will find itself in uncharted territory. I wouldn't want to be one of the Democrats on trumps revenge list. Guilty... Innocent... It won't matter, there will be hell to pay and trump won't even try and pretend what he is up to. Hell it won't surprise me if trump also included the MM in his vendetta. It will resemble on of those fake wrestling shows with people smacking each other over the head with chairs and launching them outside the ring onto tables. It will be a political donnybrook for the ages. Why is it that the cynical person in me sees Lester Holt grinning and rubbing his hands together dreaming about ratings going through the roof. I'm going to hell for saying this but the only scenario that saves the day is trump having a face to face with the grim reaper. Hopefully GR is in a foul mood that day.
Yes, there’s really no limits for Trump Unbound, MAGA Unbound.

But don’t be confused about why these POS will exercise “retribution “. It ain’t because Trump was ‘unfairly’ prosecuted. Rather, it’s entirely because they are criminals at their core. Power and money, at any cost to others.

It’s super easy to see what’s coming, as they have increasingly been saying it out loud. So, acolytes and cowards are making the choice to swear fealty. They pretend to be serious people concerned for the ‘country’ as if Biden and Dems are not, Quite gross.
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 1:52 pm

But don’t be confused about why these POS will exercise “retribution “. It ain’t because Trump was ‘unfairly’ prosecuted. Rather, it’s entirely because they are criminals at their core. Power and money, at any cost to others.

It’s super easy to see what’s coming, as they have increasingly been saying it out loud. So, acolytes and cowards are making the choice to swear fealty. They pretend to be serious people concerned for the ‘country’ as if Biden and Dems are not, Quite gross.
I'll believe it when I see it. Trump is all talk. If he did what he CLAIMED he'd do before he was voted into office? I'd be a fan. He did the OPPOSITE of what he told his fans he'd do.

He doesn't have a long enough attention span to go after someone for more than five minutes...and his appointees have to get through the Senate. Good luck with that.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:05 pm

I'll believe it when I see it. Trump is all talk. If he did what he CLAIMED he'd do before he was voted into office? I'd be a fan. He did the OPPOSITE of what he told his fans he'd do.

He doesn't have a long enough attention span to go after someone for more than five minutes...and his appointees have to get through the Senate. Good luck with that.
Unfortunately it’s not so simple. They will go all “acting’. Will ignore confirmation process.
They’re very, very serious. Way more organized.

Trump Unbound and MAGA Unbound is a very different situation than prior run through.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:32 pm

Unfortunately it’s not so simple. They will go all “acting’. Will ignore confirmation process.
They’re very, very serious. Way more organized.

Trump Unbound and MAGA Unbound is a very different situation than prior run through.

Why is Trump Unbound and MAGA Unbound a very different situation this go around? Do you have any actual reasoning other than "A feeling that you have"? Taking your personal feelings out of it, what causes you to make that statement? I'm very curious. I for one don't feel it's much different than before this time around. If you take the personal emotion out of it, it becomes easier to see just that. Thanks.

Joe
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Disagree my man. IMO trump has a hard on for many folks in the Democrat party that a little blue 🔵 couldn't give you. Do not underestimate trumps anger and embarrassment over the mug shot. The look on his face said it all. He might be in the Hunter Biden league for having an unending ability to hold a grudge.
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 12:44 pm

Disagree my man. IMO trump has a hard on for many folks in the Democrat party that a little blue 🔵 couldn't give you. Do not underestimate trumps anger and embarrassment over the mug shot. The look on his face said it all. He might be in the Hunter Biden league for having an unending ability to hold a grudge.
He has ALWAYS been all talk-no action. He'd have to have complicity from DOZENS of field agents and lawyers, in multiple departments.

Ain't happening. There has to be an actual crime to go after someone the way he wants to.....

Notice Team DeepState hasn't said one. single. solitary word about 'weaponization of US intel" in the indictments of Senator Menendez.

Why do you suppose that is? Not a peep on the forum about the Deep State targeting the Senator, with a Trump appointee running the FBI.

Why? You KNOW why, cradle: because Menendez has a little D by his name. "Therefore" the FBI and DoJ are perfect again. It's a Xmas Miracle!
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

The Biden-Harris Era, the economic envy of most of the world -- and a media feeding anxiety, and a population too clued out to know better.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... inflation/

"Nearly everything Americans believe about the economy is wrong, according to a recent Harris-Guardian poll. And that’s pretty much everyone’s fault.

The poll, conducted earlier this month, found that perceptions of the U.S. economy are often at odds with reality. For instance, most Americans (55 percent) think the economy is shrinking, with about the same share saying we’re in a recession.

In reality, the U.S. economy has been growing consistently for nearly two years, even after accounting for inflation. By virtually every benchmark, in fact, we’re exceeding growth expectations. The U.S. economy has been outperforming other advanced economies. We’re also doing better than pre-pandemic forecasts had situated us by now, both in terms of gross domestic product and the number of jobs out there. This generally isn’t true elsewhere in the world.

The poll also found that roughly half (49 percent) of Americans believe the unemployment rate is at a 50-year high. Reality is, again, nearly the opposite: Unemployment has been below 4 percent for more than two years now, the longest stretch of time it’s stayed that low since the Nixon administration.

Roughly half of respondents (49 percent) also said stock markets were down since the beginning of the year. Meanwhile, the S&P 500 is up more than 10 percent, and major equity-market indexes have recently touched all-time highs.

Why are our perceptions so distorted?

To be fair, some economic jargon means specific things to economists but is used differently by normal people. This could explain some of the disconnect.

For example, to economists, “recession” means that the economy overall (as measured by output, employment, etc.) is shrinking. But laypeople often use the term more loosely to mean “something feels bad about this economy,” such as high gas prices. This difference in usage might account for why a plurality or a majority of respondents — including nearly half of Democrats in that Harris-Guardian poll — believe we’re in a recession now, while almost no professional economic forecasters agree.

Similarly, economists define “inflation” as growth in prices, not the level of prices. So if prices skyrocketed last year, then flattened out this year, economists would describe inflation as currently low. A normal person, however, might still complain about “inflation” since the level of prices remains higher than it was not long ago.

This is essentially what’s going on right now. Inflation reached its fastest pace in a generation back in mid-2022 and has generally been slowing since then. Price growth is still elevated, so the problem isn’t over. But to economists (including those at the Federal Reserve), a lot of progress has been made.

For normies who might be (hopelessly) expecting prices to revert to pre-covid levels, however, there is little to celebrate. They remember when ground beef was a buck or two cheaper per pound; the fact that the cost of hamburger meat hasn’t risen a lot further in recent months is not comforting.

That’s apparent in polling. Nearly three-quarters of Americans think inflation is increasing when it has definitely slowed down.

But none of this explains why the public appears so wrong about more straightforward metrics, such as whether unemployment is at historic highs or whether the stock market has risen or fallen recently.

Many commentators (particularly those on the left, who are furious about how these misperceptions reflect upon President Biden) blame the media for the public’s economic illiteracy or for leaving the public with the impression that economic conditions are terrible. I agree that we journalists generally give more play to bad economic numbers than good ones. We’ve also done a lousy job of helping the public understand what the right benchmarks are, such as whether they should expect prices to fall outright, what counts as a “good” GDP report, or how our outcomes compare to those in other countries.

But here’s a secret: If the media has a bad-news bias, that’s because our audiences have a bad-news bias, too.

People are more likely to click, watch, listen to and share content that induces outrage. This human predisposition toward negativity is not unique to economic news, nor news in general. For decades, social scientists have documented a “negativity bias” in how humans process and gravitate toward information. Journalists respond to those incentives, particularly when we have dwindling resources and are fighting for an audience.

Social media and political echo chambers then amplify our biases for negative news, particularly when consumers see developments that also align with their other preferences. For example, there’s a reason Republicans rate the economy more poorly than Democrats do, even if both groups are pretty dour.

So by all means, tell your preferred political team to highlight their wins; and pressure those of us in the media to do better. But the most useful thing you personally can do to help the public be more informed about good news, on the economy or anything else? Reward it with your attention."

Return to “POLITICS”