Virginia
54%
Maryland
46%

Total votes: 54

Wheels

Re: SF #6 Virginia vs #7 Maryland Saturday @2:30

Post by Wheels »

Henpecked wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:37 am I haven’t read this whole thread but I thought it was insane that Virginia was running 6 on 6 drills in that heat up until the countdown clock ran to zero before the game. Maryland was nowhere to be seen till the clock was at 3 minutes and then ran out of the lockers onto the field and just chilled on the field till the opening faceoff. No anthem. Just straight to game time.

What was gained by Virginia running drills in that heat for so long before the game? They scored an early goal but looked lethargic the rest of the half.

This is not me Monday morning quarterbacking. At the time I asked the folks around me and they all thought it was ridiculous.
Although some have said last week's 2OT game didn't take anything out of UVA (prep time, biometric load and recovery that most teams track, mental recovery, etc.), if you were at the game and saw warm ups, one team looked noticeably slower than the other. Everyone is white was moving pretty slow.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Finster wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:54 am
AreaLax wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:59 pm MD press conference
https://youtu.be/aZWzTSz00mU?si=-7v5hmYQJqcPGGz9

Weirman and Burlace seem like great teammates.
The two players are terrific young men. Also impressed with how often they praised the scout team and the scout team’s importance to their preparations.

I would like to point everyone to Tillman’s incredibly detailed discussions of his team’s preparations and his analysis of what had to be done in response to a couple of simple questions (after the players had left the press conference). Pretty impressive intellect for the game.

Now, this doesn’t mean Maryland will win on Monday. But just the fact Maryland is playing yet again on Memorial Day is a tribute to Coach Tillman.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister

Post by 1766 »

Brutal loss for Virginia. They were out coached, out hustled, and out played on both ends of the field, at the faceoff x and in the cage. If you are a fan of that program, you can't be too jazzed about what the staff got out of that team. Too much talent to get boat raced like that.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Finster wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:53 am
AreaLax wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 11:00 pm UVA press conference
https://youtu.be/f6uiENqsSPs?si=r8HLRBVH0EJOe910

That was tough listening to Connor break down. What a great kid. Give him the Tewey.
That's a man who gets it. Here's how you can tell where W's and L's for folks who have enjoyed being on a lacrosse team for four years....

Ask any kid (including Schell): if you could wave a wand, and play another year of lacrosse with your team, even though you knew you'd lose every game...would you wave the wand?"

That's why Schell said "I can't believe its over", when asked about what it means to be on his team. He's not crying because he lost. He's crying because he doesn't get to hang and compete with his best friends for another year.

Anyone lucky enough to be on a good HS or college lacrosse team (good in the sense of having each other's back, not w's and l's) knows what Shell is feeling.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”