D1 Mens Lacrosse
Bmk2222

Re: Maryland 2024

Post by Bmk2222 »

Agree.
jff97

Post by jff97 »

For those who think there's some Ted Lasso energy going on with this team.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB8MHxU ... ukemClips
Late Slide

Post by Late Slide »

keno in reno wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 8:33 pm Can't believe this team is playing for the national championship. What a master class in coaching, defense, face-offs and offensive composure. Jesse Bernhardt deserves the next open high level coaching position.

I agree on the comment about this run maybe being more enjoyable than even '22. There was a lot of pressure towards the end to not blow the greatest season ever, and it almost caught up to them. This is stolen money, and a completely different team from 3 weeks ago.

On the other side, I can't believe that UVA didn't win a title at least 1 of the last 2 years. And that's not a criticism of Lars; he is a great, classy coach. It just seemed so easy in '19 and '21, and these recent rosters were loaded.
Your'e not wrong, but the players are executing in ways that are difficult to explain. Their connection/precision on Saturday was remarkable. Talk about putting it together
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Late Slide wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 1:07 pm
keno in reno wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 8:33 pm Can't believe this team is playing for the national championship. What a master class in coaching, defense, face-offs and offensive composure. Jesse Bernhardt deserves the next open high level coaching position.

I agree on the comment about this run maybe being more enjoyable than even '22. There was a lot of pressure towards the end to not blow the greatest season ever, and it almost caught up to them. This is stolen money, and a completely different team from 3 weeks ago.

On the other side, I can't believe that UVA didn't win a title at least 1 of the last 2 years. And that's not a criticism of Lars; he is a great, classy coach. It just seemed so easy in '19 and '21, and these recent rosters were loaded.
Your'e not wrong, but the players are executing in ways that are difficult to explain. Their connection/precision on Saturday was remarkable. Talk about putting it together
Never underestimate a hot goalie/hot FOGO combination in the tournament: Alex Rode and Petey Lasalla were great both years (2019 and 2021) at the same time. And last year UVA was a Lars-Tiffany-kept-his-timeouts-in-his-pocket possession or two away from beating Notre Dame, getting to the finals, and having a chance to grab 3 championships in a 4 year span. When multiple teams have talent-loaded rosters, "any given day" and the bounce of the ball comes into play.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Down 5-3, who else would you want on the sideline other than Tillman? I’ve dogged him tongue in cheek about the iPads in the past. But bottom line: best coach in the country and best adjuster.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

It’s hilarious how much the iPad bothers people. Oh no, a coach is using all the tools at his disposal to coach his team! How do we find a way to show aversion and distrust of this? Jokes!
veryoldgoose

Post by veryoldgoose »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:41 pm Down 5-3, who else would you want on the sideline other than Tillman? I’ve dogged him tongue in cheek about the iPads in the past. But bottom line: best coach in the country and best adjuster.
Not if he doesnt make a goalie change at halftime!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

veryoldgoose wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 3:20 pm
LaxPundit07 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:41 pm Down 5-3, who else would you want on the sideline other than Tillman? I’ve dogged him tongue in cheek about the iPads in the past. But bottom line: best coach in the country and best adjuster.
Not if he doesnt make a goalie change at halftime!
Goalie should be screaming at JB for his defense hanging him out to dry.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

They're tired, and when you're tired against ND, you're dead. There's no good option. That said, I love Mac, but he's left several saves on the table they had to have. They'd be losing either way, but there's been 2 or 3 you need your goalie to make and it'd be manageable.

Nonetheless, it just wasn't happening today. ND's been great and when they're great, they win
masondixonlax

Post by masondixonlax »

Proud of this team and the unlikely run they made to the finals. Ran into an absolute buzzsaw in the finals with ND clearly demonstrating they were the best team this year. Hats off to them.
Will miss this group of seniors.
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

Great season despite this loss
jff97

Post by jff97 »

ND fans are going to try to start claiming the 2022 title after this, aren't they?
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

Great season. Dominating Princeton, beating Duke and squashing UVA when it mattered was an unbelievable run. I don't think Tillman likes lining up against opponents with less firepower than almost every opponent, so it will be interesting how he can build the '25 squad.

Quite a run for the seniors: 3 final 4's, 3 national championship games and a historically great season capped off with the trophy. This team certainly was the best it could be.
Finster

Post by Finster »

keno in reno wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:22 pm Great season. Dominating Princeton, beating Duke and squashing UVA when it mattered was an unbelievable run. I don't think Tillman likes lining up against opponents with less firepower than almost every opponent, so it will be interesting how he can build the '25 squad.

Quite a run for the seniors: 3 final 4's, 3 national championship games and a historically great season capped off with the trophy. This team certainly was the best it could be.

I’d agree. Kudos to the team and staff.

I think today you could’ve used a backup goalie. Weirman did far better than I expected.

Start your ‘25 thread.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Couldn’t have asked for anything more from this group. Someone had to lose to Notre Dame today, and it’s a testament to this team that they were the only other team besides ND to play their best lacrosse this month and make this run

They found a way to recenter and regroup and take advantage of every opportunity in this last month. Glad a lot of different guys got their moments. Zaps was Zaps, he’s an all time legend. Wierman went on an unbelievable last run in this tournament. The best Terp FOGO ever for sure, and one of the best players of the Tillman era. Even guys like Brennan chipped in with some key goals. Daniel Maltz is one of the great unsung heroes for this team during his career. Lot of great, great performances

Hat tip to Tills and the staff for just continuing to make adjustments, find the right formations and tactics that would make this team click, and getting this far

An amazing postseason run. That win over Duke goes down as one of the most enjoyable over the last 10+ years and ending UVA’s season again was pretty dang great as well. Can never take for granted how incredible it is that this team can basically roll a dice and be bang on to make Memorial Day over the last 10 years. Hopefully it bounces out for us in the future and we can win one or two more.

Team’s got some big holes to fill, but players who have far more confidence now than they have in their careers after this run, and a lot of talent coming in. In what looks to be an uncertain season, Terps will be a pretty decent bet
PulpExposure

Post by PulpExposure »

Great and unexpected ending to what had looked to be a really disappointing Maryland season. Terps played unbelievable in the tournament but ND in the end was the best team in lacrosse this year, and it showed.

Really appreciative of Zap and Wierman, two of the greatest to ever put on a Terp uniform. And I’m going to miss seeing some of these graduates like Koras & Maltz who were key contributors to the Terps the past four years.

Onwards and upwards.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

PulpExposure wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:37 pm Great and unexpected ending to what had looked to be a really disappointing Maryland season. Terps played unbelievable in the tournament but ND in the end was the best team in lacrosse this year, and it showed.

Really appreciative of Zap and Wierman, two of the greatest to ever put on a Terp uniform. And I’m going to miss seeing some of these graduates like Koras & Maltz who were key contributors to the Terps the past four years.

Onwards and upwards.
Terrific run, Terps. You did the Big Ten proud.

I am now going to engage in violent projectile vomiting.

DocBarrister 🤢🤮
@DocBarrister
Terpsfan17

Post by Terpsfan17 »

Great season for the players and coaches. Hats off to the seniors and grad transfers. Special group of seniors and really hope this was the experience the Vermont transfers were looking for. Congratulations on a job well done and can't wait to watch all the young players develop next year.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

jff97 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:00 pm ND fans are going to try to start claiming the 2022 title after this, aren't they?
Yes, they are. Already.
masondixonlax

Post by masondixonlax »

Wheels wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 8:43 pm
jff97 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:00 pm ND fans are going to try to start claiming the 2022 title after this, aren't they?
Yes, they are. Already.
Who cares. The reality is MD was the undefeated champs in 22 and nothing is gonna change that fact.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”