46%

Total votes: 54

Hooz123

Re: SF #6 Virginia vs #7 Maryland Saturday @2:30

Post by Hooz123 »

norcalhop wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 7:38 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 7:36 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 7:00 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:16 pm Hooz getting dogwalked. Crease don’t lie
quite a bit of trolling on the uva md thread with u and norcal. not taking your own advice? not a great look when doc b seems to have a decent amount more couth.
I have him on ignore so I can’t attest to his amount of couth. Admins have essentially approved Hooz and the other burner accounts behavior by doing absolutely nothing about it so figured I was in the clear to dish it back to him. Cool that you’re now the troll police though, didn’t hear much from you when others were doing it relentlessly but I guess now it needs to be pointed out? Wonder what happened
I've reported hooz and his alias to mod. I encourage others to do the same. If things don't change, I'll leave - not that it'll make a difference, but I have better things to do with my time.

Haha you are seriously delusional. lol he’s really not me but it’s funny I’ve created this character here. You guys are literally losing your minds
Last edited by Hooz123 on Sat May 25, 2024 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

No pie filter here I guess.

UVa: our dodgers will... uh our dodgers aren't.
Plan B... does anyone have a plan B? Sean? Sean...?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:16 pm Hooz getting dogwalked. Crease don’t lie
quite a bit of trolling on the uva md thread with u and norcal. not taking your own advice? not a great look when doc b seems to have a decent amount more couth.
I have him on ignore so I can’t attest to his amount of couth. Admins have essentially approved Hooz and the other burner accounts behavior by doing absolutely nothing about it so figured I was in the clear to dish it back to him. Cool that you’re now the troll police though, didn’t hear much from you when others were doing it relentlessly but I guess now it needs to be pointed out? Wonder what happened
you seem pretty triggered by a new troll. i did miss the z in your post, so i guess i'll say not like you have sag a's and others to apologize for. but here you are with the crease call. again.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Wierman for sure,

but Zapp was the player of the game.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Zapp made so many subtlety great plays today.
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

wgdsr wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 7:58 pm
you seem pretty triggered by a new troll. i did miss the z in your post, so i guess i'll say not like you have sag a's and others to apologize for. but here you are with the crease call. again.
For the 1000000th time I don’t have burner accounts. You’re just going to get innocent people banned if you keep this up. I’m a loser but not that much of a loser What the heck would I have a burner account.
masondixonlax

Post by masondixonlax »

10stone5 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 8:25 pm Zapp made so many subtlety great plays today.
wonder if schultz regrets that celebration running into zap after the first goal
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

The defense's performance was sublime. 39 shots with just 15 on goal for UVA. They just couldn't win match ups.

Like 2022, Maryland beat UVA at it's own game. They forced UVA into 6v6 but then got 3 or 4 goals in transition themselves. Because UVA shot so poorly, they had fewer chances to run that 10-man ride.

On offense, Maryland's constant personnel switches just scrambled UVA. It happened against Princeton and Duke, too. The Terps constantly mix their lines. The backside switches paired with the on-ball picks confused UVA, and that's how the Terps diced that defense up from X.

Big shout-out to our JHU brethren. Last week's game took a lot out of UVA. During warm-ups, UVA wasn't moving quickly. They just didn't have the juice. Their defensive midfield has such little depth, and those guys came into the game already tired. Same with the offensive midfield. I can't remember the last time I saw such a lethargic UVA midfield.

Wierman winning 68% of the draws tilted the field. 18 Maryland turnovers but UVA had 15, so they just couldn't make up the possession differential.

I saw Shellenberger after the game, and I thanked him for being such a great player and teammate. The kid did it all right, and I told him he deserves the Tewy. How in the world can the all-time leading scorer in UVA history and a twice previously finalist for the Tewy not win it.

Obviously, it's going to Kavanagh or Entenmann, but Shellenberger has been the best offensive player in the game for the last 2 years.

Last thing. The Maryland family tailgate always win the tailgate. There's not a better group out there. Great people. So welcoming. If you even got to a Maryland game, stop by their tailgate. Even if you're from an opposing team, they'll welcome you like they've known you for years.

Notre Dame is the obvious favorite to win and for several good reasons. The Terps will have to have everything go right and get some help from ND to win. It's really hard to not appreciate this Terps team, though. No one...including a lot of Terps' fans...thought the Terps would be here. They're playing with house money. There's no pressure on them. It won't be Miracle on Ice if they win but certainly 2016 UNC-level kinda win.
Pork42

Post by Pork42 »

To the Fan who stole my woodem stick parked by the Virginia tailgate? Enjoy it because bad luck will be come of you and the team for years to come. Return it no harm no foul. You could of sole the golf clubs in the back but no you stole the stick. White dodge parked by the small gray mini bus. You call
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hooz123 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 7:51 pm Haha you are seriously delusional. I don’t have an alias yo...
Too many posts, too many threads to list them all so...
Hooz123 - 1 Minute (2 Day) Penalty... Trolling.
viewtopic.php?p=556664#p556664, viewtopic.php?p=556964#p556964, etc.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

JerrysWorld

Post by JerrysWorld »

Man this has been a tough thread to catch up on and read. UVA fans this can’t be real life with these posts.

Incredible win for the Terps. No I would have imagined this team playing on Memorial Day. All the while beating Duke and UVA.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Wheels wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:37 pm The defense's performance was sublime. 39 shots with just 15 on goal for UVA. They just couldn't win match ups.

Like 2022, Maryland beat UVA at it's own game. They forced UVA into 6v6 but then got 3 or 4 goals in transition themselves. Because UVA shot so poorly, they had fewer chances to run that 10-man ride.

On offense, Maryland's constant personnel switches just scrambled UVA. It happened against Princeton and Duke, too. The Terps constantly mix their lines. The backside switches paired with the on-ball picks confused UVA, and that's how the Terps diced that defense up from X.

Big shout-out to our JHU brethren. Last week's game took a lot out of UVA. During warm-ups, UVA wasn't moving quickly. They just didn't have the juice. Their defensive midfield has such little depth, and those guys came into the game already tired. Same with the offensive midfield. I can't remember the last time I saw such a lethargic UVA midfield.

Wierman winning 68% of the draws tilted the field. 18 Maryland turnovers but UVA had 15, so they just couldn't make up the possession differential.

I saw Shellenberger after the game, and I thanked him for being such a great player and teammate. The kid did it all right, and I told him he deserves the Tewy. How in the world can the all-time leading scorer in UVA history and a twice previously finalist for the Tewy not win it.

Obviously, it's going to Kavanagh or Entenmann, but Shellenberger has been the best offensive player in the game for the last 2 years.

Last thing. The Maryland family tailgate always win the tailgate. There's not a better group out there. Great people. So welcoming. If you even got to a Maryland game, stop by their tailgate. Even if you're from an opposing team, they'll welcome you like they've known you for years.

Notre Dame is the obvious favorite to win and for several good reasons. The Terps will have to have everything go right and get some help from ND to win. It's really hard to not appreciate this Terps team, though. No one...including a lot of Terps' fans...thought the Terps would be here. They're playing with house money. There's no pressure on them. It won't be Miracle on Ice if they win but certainly 2016 UNC-level kinda win.
Seen a few people mention this and I just can’t buy it. Many reasons for the MD win but UVA being tired from a game a WEEK ago is absurd. They are peak conditioned 22 year olds. They played 4 games a day in back to back days over the summer. It was a hard game vs Hopkins, it wasn’t a 100 mile ultramarathon. They have had multiple practices since then. Nobody came into the game “already tired”. I never played in a national quarter finals but I played plenty of exhausting, full effort games. 2 days later, assuming of course you didn’t pull anything and do the right things for recovery, you are at 100%. Fatigue, muscular and cardiovascular, are physiologic phenomena. There is literally a medical limit on how long they can last and it is well, well under a weak.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

pcowlax wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 11:54 pm
Wheels wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:37 pm The defense's performance was sublime. 39 shots with just 15 on goal for UVA. They just couldn't win match ups.

Seen a few people mention this and I just can’t buy it. Many reasons for the MD win but UVA being tired from a game a WEEK ago is absurd. They are peak conditioned 22 year olds. They played 4 games a day in back to back days over the summer. It was a hard game vs Hopkins, it wasn’t a 100 mile ultramarathon. They have had multiple practices since then. Nobody came into the game “already tired”. I never played in a national quarter finals but I played plenty of exhausting, full effort games. 2 days later, assuming of course you didn’t pull anything and do the right things for recovery, you are at 100%. Fatigue, muscular and cardiovascular, are physiologic phenomena. There is literally a medical limit on how long they can last and it is well, well under a weak.
the players did not come in tired. no one that played would ever say or feel that. nor is umd going to be disadvantaged for playing 2 1/2 hours later. it's silly.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Finster wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:02 pm
Mr3Putt wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:57 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:24 pm
Finster wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:19 pm
If Maryland wins Monday, we need welfare checks on all Hopkins fans :D
Hopkins derangement syndrome right there. Just cannot stop thinking about us no matter who is playing or what the situation is. Permanent real estate. I promise you nobody will really care who wins
No worries . They are not winning. Definitely will battle. This is stall order. Plus ND is battled tested.!!

I’m a Syracuse fan.

Also, I’ve said it before and I’ll repeat it here: Maryland is the one team that can beat ND. ND favored on Draftkings right now by 3. I need to think things over before betting.
I agree w you. MD will be a tough out. It’s a credit to Va how far they came without a 50% goalie. Today he was 29%, not winning w that %. Zappatello is legit but he guards one person . Or MD shorties etc. they are guarding an Army. Too many pieces.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

I haven’t read this whole thread but I thought it was insane that Virginia was running 6 on 6 drills in that heat up until the countdown clock ran to zero before the game. Maryland was nowhere to be seen till the clock was at 3 minutes and then ran out of the lockers onto the field and just chilled on the field till the opening faceoff. No anthem. Just straight to game time.

What was gained by Virginia running drills in that heat for so long before the game? They scored an early goal but looked lethargic the rest of the half.

This is not me Monday morning quarterbacking. At the time I asked the folks around me and they all thought it was ridiculous.
Finster

Post by Finster »

Henpecked wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:37 am I haven’t read this whole thread but I thought it was insane that Virginia was running 6 on 6 drills in that heat up until the countdown clock ran to zero before the game. Maryland was nowhere to be seen till the clock was at 3 minutes and then ran out of the lockers onto the field and just chilled on the field till the opening faceoff. No anthem. Just straight to game time.

What was gained by Virginia running drills in that heat for so long before the game? They scored an early goal but looked lethargic the rest of the half.

This is not me Monday morning quarterbacking. At the time I asked the folks around me and they all thought it was ridiculous.

I despise the 6-on-6 warmup. To much expended energy, and if you don't expend your energy in it, you condition your shots and passes to be lazy. At that point in a season, the boys need to stretch, jog, shoot, and pass, that's it...get a pep talk inside. The energy wasted on that 6-on-6 pre-game drill has always hacked me off if it's my team.
Finster

Post by Finster »

AreaLax wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 11:00 pm UVA press conference
https://youtu.be/f6uiENqsSPs?si=r8HLRBVH0EJOe910

That was tough listening to Connor break down. What a great kid. Give him the Tewey.
Finster

Post by Finster »

AreaLax wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:59 pm MD press conference
https://youtu.be/aZWzTSz00mU?si=-7v5hmYQJqcPGGz9

Weirman and Burlace seem like great teammates.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”