National Championship — Northwestern vs. Boston College

D1 Womens Lacrosse
uncfan1013

National Championship — Northwestern vs. Boston College

Post by uncfan1013 »

Northwestern & BC meet again fighting for a title. Northwestern took last years with an easy 18-5 win and took the regular season game 14-11. Will BC get their second national championship or become 1-6 in natty games? Will the Scane/Coykendall era end with back-to-back national championships or a loss? A great matchup to end off a great season 🔥
spidey44

Re: National Championship — Northwestern vs. Boston College

Post by spidey44 »

NU -3.5
LaxUpstate

Post by LaxUpstate »

spidey44 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:46 pmNU -3.5
NU wins by 6
jff97

Post by jff97 »

Both teams were pressured in their FF games but it never felt like either team would lose. However, I don't think BC plays the right style to beat Northwestern. Florida had success the first three quarters giving Northwestern a taste of their own medicine. They were aggressive, physical and didn't back down. BC likes to play a more controlled game and I'm not sure that works against Northwestern. Going to need another big game from the defense and Dolce to have a chance. I'll take Northwestern 13-8.
RollTheCrease

Post by RollTheCrease »

jff97 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:44 pm Both teams were pressured in their FF games but it never felt like either team would lose. However, I don't think BC plays the right style to beat Northwestern. Florida had success the first three quarters giving Northwestern a taste of their own medicine. They were aggressive, physical and didn't back down. BC likes to play a more controlled game and I'm not sure that works against Northwestern. Going to need another big game from the defense and Dolce to have a chance. I'll take Northwestern 13-8.
Agree, FL was a better matchup with NU and thought the same thing…they gave NU a little taste of their own medicine. Draws probably did them in. I thought Maggie Hall was the best player on the field. Love her hustle and aggressive play. We have a BC grad in the family, so will root for the Eagles, but I believe NU is just not a great matchup for BC and they bring home the championship.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Anyone think BC can win this?
laxfan9999

Post by laxfan9999 »

Draftkings has Northwestern -1.5 -130 with total 25.5. Playing with house money after Friday. I think Northwestern covers that number easily.
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

laxfan9999 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:51 pm Draftkings has Northwestern -1.5 -130 with total 25.5. Playing with house money after Friday. I think Northwestern covers that number easily.
I do too, just don't move the line. :lol:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:42 pm Anyone think BC can win this?
No one? OK, it'll have to be me. BC 15-14.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Refs calling it closely so far. Interesting. I’m OK with that. I hate the physical play in today’s game. And these two teams are probably the worst offenders.
DMac

Post by DMac »

njbill wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:13 pm Refs calling it closely so far. Interesting. I’m OK with that. I hate the physical play in today’s game. And these two teams are probably the worst offenders.
'Cept you can't let 'em play one way all year and change it up on NC day.
They're calling it too tight for my taste.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Charlotte north is a disaster commentating today. I’ve noticed she never is good when BC is playing
njbill

Post by njbill »

DMac wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:19 pm
njbill wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:13 pm Refs calling it closely so far. Interesting. I’m OK with that. I hate the physical play in today’s game. And these two teams are probably the worst offenders.
'Cept you can't let 'em play one way all year and change it up on NC day.
They're calling it too tight for my taste.
I’ll say one thing. If they call it tight, BC doesn’t have a chance.

The most important thing is that they call it both ways the same way which they are so far.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 11:59 am
You've got til the last second of the first quarter to change your call on this (new rules for NC day).
AWW is big on face guarding, got two good defenders taken out of too much of the game.
Not working so well so far, we'll see if she changes that up.
laxfan9999

Post by laxfan9999 »

BC is going to be lucky to not have a running clock in the second quarter. Might be time for a goalie change just to shake it up and allow Dolce to reset.
Last edited by laxfan9999 on Sun May 26, 2024 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

How is shea dolce still in game now? Looks even more lost than last year.
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

Is AWW going to leave Dolce in goal for the entire game...again?
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Was really excited to turn on the Natty with my 7 and 3 year old girls. Women’s sports. On national TV!

Then I am immediately grabbing for the remote to change the channel during a commercial…..because some dumbass Doc Rivers movie is being advertised with a woman stripping down to lingerie and straddling him.

Female empowerment, girls! Focus on the game and ignore the objectification of your female brethren during commercials.

Embarrassing. We aren’t exactly a family of pearl clutchers, I should do better dropping F bombs in their company. But something about that ad during the only national broadcast of a women’s game all year just hit me wrong. My oh my how far we have (not) come.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

DMac wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:26 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 11:59 am
You've got til the last second of the first quarter to change your call on this (new rules for NC day).
AWW is big on face guarding, got two good defenders taken out of too much of the game.
Not working so well so far, we'll see if she changes that up.
Yeah, I’ve got some work around the house to do…Maybe watch Middlebury v. Salisbury.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”