The Independent State Legislature Doctrine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: SCOTUS

Post by jhu72 »

Kavanaugh really blew it just before the break. When asked if he would like an independent investigation, his response was not "YES", it was "whatever the committee want's to do". This is really really weak sauce if you are so concerned about your reputation, etc. He is always the politician! His side doesn't want an independent investigation, so he is not going to cross his side.

In light of this, his testimony rings totally hollow! Great act!

KAVANAUGH IS AN ACT!!
Last edited by jhu72 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

He's really having trouble with Durbin. An investigation means Mark Judge.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Going down the partisan drain now.

Presumably the base likes Kav and the non-base does not.

So the question is...how is this playing with Corker, Flake, Collins, Murkowski?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Hard for me to believe is a very polite way of saying he's full of turd and is lying.
I never blacked out....an outright lie.
Just curious. You ever blacked out from drinking too much?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Pretty ragged and truculent now. Not sure how it plays.

I think Corker is a Yes. Graham may be the single most politically expedient person I have ever seen.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote:
youthathletics wrote:Interesting that Mike Judge has addiction issues....thus making the only other person not very credible.
Why did Feinstein not ask him (BK) about it when they met 1v1 in her office then sit on it. Seems Durbin should have been asking her that question and not BK.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
ggait

Post by ggait »

Looks like the AZ lady lawyer is done for the day.

The GOP senators are now talking for themselves since this is now all just Cracker Barrel vs. Whole Foods.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

ggait wrote:this is now all just Cracker Barrel vs. Whole Foods.
:lol: :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
CU77

Post by CU77 »

ggait wrote:So the question is...how is this playing with Corker, Flake, Collins, Murkowski?
And Shelly Moore Capito (R-WV), a Holton-Arms alumna.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/09 ... -kavanaugh
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

"I don't mean to interrupt, but Mark Judge has provided sworn testimony in this." Subject to cross? Not so much.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

youthathletics wrote:
seacoaster wrote:
youthathletics wrote:Interesting that Mike Judge has addiction issues....thus making the only other person not very credible.
Why did Feinstein not ask him (BK) about it when they met 1v1 in her office then sit on it. Seems Durbin should have been asking her that question and not BK.
Prepare to wonder about this question as each D gets the mic? I would imagine each D was made aware many, many weeks ago about the accusation made by Ford.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

What do folks think about Kavanaugh asking the Senators questions: "Do you like a beer Senator?"
frmanfan

Post by frmanfan »

What little I have seen proves the point of something I learned many years ago. It takes a long time to build something, but it takes a very short time to tear it down, no matter how strongly built it was. Democrats should be ashamed of themselves, but then they wouldn't be very good politicians if they had consciences, would they.
A cold beer and a warm woman is all I need to keep me happy. Sometimes a cold beer is enough...
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ggait wrote:Looks like the AZ lady lawyer is done for the day.

The GOP senators are now talking for themselves since this is now all just Cracker Barrel vs. Whole Foods.
She was about as useful as udders on a bull.

At the end of the day, all the republicans have got is their charge - "its all just a dirty trick on the part of the democrats". There is plenty of information that the FBI could come up with -

1) a much clearer picture of Kavanaugh's relationship with booze and drugs
2) Mark Judge would be seriously questioned
3) they could possibly identify the location of the alleged Ford assault
4) they could possibly identify the date of the alleged Ford assault
5) they could possibly identify the unknown individual at the alleged Ford assault
6) they would put more flesh on the bones of the other three allegations -- enough perhaps to judge their reality

this is my short list.

Those who want to see the truth come out and "liberal liars and other scum" prosecuted -- the FBI investigation is the way to make it happen.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Boofing is now farting and ralphing is because he had a weak stomach. But please, Brett, keep crying and yelling at us.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
DMac

Post by DMac »

By the same token, frman I'd bet you also learned there are consequences for your actions.
Last edited by DMac on Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Trinity wrote:Boofing is now farting and ralphing is because he had a weak stomach. But please, Brett, keep crying and yelling at us.

Here you go TLD: boofing
The act of inserting drugs into the anus for a longer trip. Most often occurs at Disco Biscuits shows by spun-out kids on ketamine.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

frmanfan wrote:What little I have seen proves the point of something I learned many years ago. It takes a long time to build something, but it takes a very short time to tear it down, no matter how strongly built it was. Democrats should be ashamed of themselves, but then they wouldn't be very good politicians if they had consciences, would they.
Poor Garland.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

seacoaster wrote:What do folks think about Kavanaugh asking the Senators questions: "Do you like a beer Senator?"
Doesn't everyone drink?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Sounds to me as if ol' Brett chose the wrong poison, should've hung out with the pot heads. Wouldn't have been blacking out and acting like an aggressive maniac. Just sayin'.
:mrgreen:

Return to “POLITICS”