Virginia
54%
Maryland
46%

Total votes: 54

DA/PU

Re: SF #6 Virginia vs #7 Maryland Saturday @2:30

Post by DA/PU »

Let me preface this by saying most alums or fans would be envious of uva every year. Great program. With that said as an outsider it seems like they have a bit of a coaching issue. Offense looks stagnant under Cassesse and Lehigh went to tournament year after he left. Their defense may be “Jurassic park” but I’m not seeing an organized, coherent system year over year under Turner. Seems like they invest most coaching energy into the ten man ride (which gets broken for goals) and their overall “play fast” ethos. Might be time to get more organized with the most talented roster in the game. I’ll miss watching Shelly. One of the best.
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

DA/PU wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:02 pm Let me preface this by saying most alums or fans would be envious of uva every year. Great program. With that said as an outsider it seems like they have a bit of a coaching issue. Offense looks stagnant under Cassesse and Lehigh went to tournament year after he left. Their defense may be “Jurassic park” but I’m not seeing an organized, coherent system year over year under Turner. Seems like they invest most coaching energy into the ten man ride (which gets broken for goals) and their overall “play fast” ethos. Might be time to get more organized with the most talented roster in the game. I’ll miss watching Shelly. One of the best.
Shades of Breschi
masondixonlax

Post by masondixonlax »

DA/PU wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:02 pm Let me preface this by saying most alums or fans would be envious of uva every year. Great program. With that said as an outsider it seems like they have a bit of a coaching issue. Offense looks stagnant under Cassesse and Lehigh went to tournament year after he left. Their defense may be “Jurassic park” but I’m not seeing an organized, coherent system year over year under Turner. Seems like they invest most coaching energy into the ten man ride (which gets broken for goals) and their overall “play fast” ethos. Might be time to get more organized with the most talented roster in the game. I’ll miss watching Shelly. One of the best.
they are a 5-star recruiting factory. I thought in the beginning of the season uva was going to dominate.
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

masondixonlax wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:05 pm
they are a 5-star recruiting factory. I thought in the beginning of the season uva was going to dominate.
Maryland has always done more with less.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Hooz123 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:59 pm Thats 100% just Ben Wayer forgetting what he’s doing. You can’t coach that. Just brain dead ball watching
So supportive. Also, very brave when you have such an identifiable handle as “Hooz123” to insult by name college kids that play for your supposed favorite team. That’s accountability!
blx9

Post by blx9 »

norcalhop wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:01 pm
blx9 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:59 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:47 pm
blx9 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:45 pm Hop cannot win the big game. Spare me with the regular season conference titles or big 10 conference tournament wins. Literally none of that matters or brings in legit recruits. Some hop fans excitement over this years team going into the NCAA tournament was astonishing. Can’t win the big game. Been this way for years. Losing to this UVa team we’re watching is a tough look
You know you’re getting dogwalked when you have to cry about another team in the middle of the game
One of my favorite teams to root for was that ‘15 hop FF team and the ‘14 qf team. I like hop. Great history. The Yankees of lax. too bad some of the alumni fans are unbearable lunatics.
This is ironic, Hooz. I applaud you for keeping track of logging in and out.
Have you ever considered the possibility that some are simply fans of the sport of lacrosse and root for certain teams based on the players on the field? I’ve rooted for your lame school before when some studs on the team were so fun to watch I didn’t want to see them knocked out before the national title game. This year I didn’t. Stay mad
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

blx9 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:07 pm
blx9 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:45 pm Hop cannot win the big game. Spare me with the regular season conference titles or big 10 conference tournament wins. Literally none of that matters or brings in legit recruits. Some hop fans excitement over this years team going into the NCAA tournament was astonishing. Can’t win the big game. Been this way for years. Losing to this UVa team we’re watching is a tough look
You know you’re getting dogwalked when you have to cry about another team in the middle of the game
One of my favorite teams to root for was that ‘15 hop FF team and the ‘14 qf team. I like hop. Great history. The Yankees of lax. too bad some of the alumni fans are unbearable lunatics.
Have you ever considered the possibility that some are simply fans of the sport of lacrosse and root for certain teams based on the players on the field? I’ve rooted for your lame school before when some studs on the team were so fun to watch I didn’t want to see them knocked out before the national title game. This year I didn’t. Stay mad
I've considered the possibility that you're a troll alternate. Nothing more, certainly nothing less.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

The Orfling wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:06 pm
Hooz123 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:59 pm Thats 100% just Ben Wayer forgetting what he’s doing. You can’t coach that. Just brain dead ball watching
So supportive. Also, very brave when you have such an identifiable handle as “Hooz123” to insult by name college kids that play for your supposed favorite team. That’s accountability!
Same troll, two handles.
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

Blah blah blah. Am I wrong? He drifted 5 feet away and left his man wide open in front of the net. Turns around and buries his head in his hands. Brain dead ball watching. That’s not on Lars Tiffany. We do have a problem in Kevin Cassese. Unimaginative offense. Looks flat out terrible at times.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

All of that makes sense. I think the relative inexperience at SSDM for UVA caught up with them a fair amount as well?

Also, I do think that, although it’s a little simplistic to focus only on the face off X, UVA feasted with LaSalla and there’s no margin for error when you are dominated at the X.
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

Great game. Good luck to Terps on Monday.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Have to respect Coach Tillman, the greatest lacrosse coach of his generation.

In the pregame interview, Coach Tillman was already talking about midgame adjustments. The National Lacrosse HOF should have a display of his iPads.

Between Maryland’s early exit from the B1G tournament and the NCAA tournament, he retooled his team’s offense. Peter Milliman? Not so much.

Before facing Virginia, he prepared his team for Virginia’s vaunted ride. Milliman, not so much.

Then he prepared a game plan for Virginia that left Lars Tiffany looking puzzled and frustrated.

Sure, Luke Wierman can make any coach look like a genius, but it wasn’t just Wierman today. Maryland outplayed Virginia all over the field. Attacking from the x. Deliberately drawing the Virginia ride to one side so they could pass to an open man in space. Tillman’s solutions to Virginia were elegant and simple … something a team can practice and learn in a week.

Give Coach Tillman enough time, and he can prepare his team to beat just about anyone. That may be why he has been less successful in the short turnarounds for the national title game.

With Wierman, Maryland has a shot at beating ND on Monday. Still have to favor the Fighting Irish, but never write off a Tillman-coached team.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Hooz123 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:10 pm
Blah blah blah. Am I wrong? He drifted 5 feet away and left his man wide open in front of the net. Turns around and buries his head in his hands. Brain dead ball watching. That’s not on Lars Tiffany. We do have a problem in Kevin Cassese. Unimaginative offense. Looks flat out terrible at times.
I think you’re really (and oddly) negative towards your own team, you are bizarrely nasty about other teams, and ultimately I think it’s crummy for people on an anonymous board to trash a player by name in this way given Google searches. Plenty of people have learned to use the uniform number if they want to call out a specific poor play. Obviously, we differ in our approach to online lacrosse posting but you did ask.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

blx9 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:07 pm
Gotta be honest, man. You sound like a lunatic
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

norcalhop wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:05 pm
masondixonlax wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:05 pm
Maryland has always done more with less.
Just a minor suggested edit … TILLMAN has always done more with less.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Finster

Post by Finster »

Dam@. Maryland has become like Syracuse in the 90's...just always there in the end. Tillman is so good.

Weirman seems on a mission. Monday will be a titanic battle at the dot between him and Will Lynch; if Weirman dominates, lights out, Maryland wins. If Lynch dominates, will be a tight affair.

Maryland's defense is up to the challenge; it's revenge time.

Edge still goes to ND; just so much talent everywhere. MD seems like they are making the best of who they got.

Today muddies the waters even more for the Tewaaraton, but who cares.

If Maryland wins Monday, we need welfare checks on all Hopkins fans :D
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Finster wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:19 pm
Hopkins derangement syndrome right there. Just cannot stop thinking about us no matter who is playing or what the situation is. Permanent real estate. I promise you nobody will really care who wins
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

Finster wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:19 pm Dam@. Maryland has become like Syracuse in the 90's...just always there in the end. Tillman is so good.

Weirman seems on a mission. Monday will be a titanic battle at the dot between him and Will Lynch; if Weirman dominates, lights out, Maryland wins. If Lynch dominates, will be a tight affair.

Maryland's defense is up to the challenge; it's revenge time.

Edge still goes to ND; just so much talent everywhere. MD seems like they are making the best of who they got.

Today muddies the waters even more for the Tewaaraton, but who cares.

Absolutely not. I just wished them good luck. Always cheered for them in basketball during Gary WIlliams days. I'll be happy if Maryland wins. I imagine so will most of the lacrosse world outside of the ACC.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:24 pm
Hopkins derangement syndrome right there. Just cannot stop thinking about us no matter who is playing or what the situation is. Permanent real estate. I promise you nobody will really care who wins
I think it was just a good natured quip, no more. Lots of respect on both sides of that rivalry.
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

The Orfling wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:31 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:24 pm
I think it was just a good natured quip, no more. Lots of respect on both sides of that rivalry.
The UVa troll(s) are getting to people.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”