All Things Environment

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
PizzaSnake

Re: All Things Environment

Post by PizzaSnake »

a fan wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:57 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:48 pm
a fan wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 11:13 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:42 pm
a fan wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:07 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:44 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 6:58 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 6:05 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 5:59 pm Rising Insurance Costs

“Another industry impacted by climate change is insurance. Unlike other fields, insurance has a larger effect on global consumers than companies.

As the risk of extreme weather events increases, premiums for flood and storm protection will likely rise to mitigate insurance companies’ risk. This could result in higher insurance costs for many firms and negatively impact their bottom lines.”

Yeah climate change is fake.
Interesting that you think "Climate Change is fake". Who ever said that? Simple question, do you believe that every single topic of discussion across all annals of society is simply black or white? Thanks.

Joe
Very few things in science has a 100% confidence factor. I have been educated. My wife is a molecular biologist so I know very few things in science are a 100% certainty. There isn’t a 100% certainty that nobody else on the planet has your DNA.
Thank you.

Joe
That part that is 100% certain is the part TLD alluded to with regard to climate change: insurers are going to run their numbers. And they don't care what anyone thinks about their risk assessment. Insurers will figure out warming first.

Personally, I think it will be an economic boom, as entire cities are abandoned not because they're unlivable..but because they are uninsurable.
https://www.fema.gov/sites/default/file ... m-2012.pdf

This was a hot topic in 2012…

About 20 percent of all NFIP policies pay subsidized rates. Only a portion of those policies that are currently paying subsidized premiums will see larger premium increases of 25% annually starting this year, until their premiums are full-risk premiums. Five percent of policyholders – those with subsidized policies for non-primary residences, businesses, and severe repetitive
loss properties - will see the 25% annual increases immediately. . Subsidies will no longer be offered for policies covering newly purchased properties, lapsed policies, or new policies covering properties for the first time.

I believe congress stepped in and rolled this back. Insurers are existing markets now.
And FEMA backstops the rest. Sooner or later, folks will get sick of paying for other American's choice of locale.......
So with all of the never ending predictions of upcoming climate change disasters the Uber wealthy have no problems when it comes to hitting the beach. Even with all the predictions of environmental calamity it ain't stopping the folks with the dough from gobbling up beach front real estate like it's going out of style. That is odd to say the least. The same people spreading fear are many of the same people doing all of the buying. Given the fear being spread I would think beach front real estate would be the equivalent of catching a venereal disease . It looks like the Uber rich are ignoring their own warnings. ;)
They can afford to. That's the point to that kind of money----do what you want, and not care about the cost.

What's the plan for the poor and middle class when they can't get home insurance in the town' they love?

My point is that the insurance industry will make the environmental predictions, cradle. They're not going to insure homes in areas that they know are prone to more frequent floods, tornadoes, forest fires, hurricanes, etc. Not without jacking up premiums to levels only the rich can afford.
Yeah, Jeff Bezos “go ahead and publish my dcik pivs” money…

To ascribe any emotion, intent or motivation to these outliers is a waste of time.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

“Another industry impacted by climate change is insurance. Unlike other fields, insurance has a larger effect on global consumers than companies.

As the risk of extreme weather events increases, premiums for flood and storm protection will likely rise to mitigate insurance companies’ risk. This could result in higher insurance costs for many firms and negatively impact their bottom lines.”

Interesting that you think "Climate Change is fake". Who ever said that? Simple question, do you believe that every single topic of discussion across all annals of society is simply black or white? Thanks.

Joe
Very few things in science has a 100% confidence factor. I have been educated. My wife is a molecular biologist so I know very few things in science are a 100% certainty. There isn’t a 100% certainty that nobody else on the planet has your DNA.
Thank you.

Joe
That part that is 100% certain is the part TLD alluded to with regard to climate change: insurers are going to run their numbers. And they don't care what anyone thinks about their risk assessment. Insurers will figure out warming first.

Personally, I think it will be an economic boom, as entire cities are abandoned not because they're unlivable..but because they are uninsurable.

About 20 percent of all NFIP policies pay subsidized rates. Only a portion of those policies that are currently paying subsidized premiums will see larger premium increases of 25% annually starting this year, until their premiums are full-risk premiums. Five percent of policyholders – those with subsidized policies for non-primary residences, businesses, and severe repetitive
loss properties - will see the 25% annual increases immediately. . Subsidies will no longer be offered for policies covering newly purchased properties, lapsed policies, or new policies covering properties for the first time.

I believe congress stepped in and rolled this back. Insurers are existing markets now.
And FEMA backstops the rest. Sooner or later, folks will get sick of paying for other American's choice of locale.......
So with all of the never ending predictions of upcoming climate change disasters the Uber wealthy have no problems when it comes to hitting the beach. Even with all the predictions of environmental calamity it ain't stopping the folks with the dough from gobbling up beach front real estate like it's going out of style. That is odd to say the least. The same people spreading fear are many of the same people doing all of the buying. Given the fear being spread I would think beach front real estate would be the equivalent of catching a venereal disease . It looks like the Uber rich are ignoring their own warnings. ;)
They can afford to. That's the point to that kind of money----do what you want, and not care about the cost.

What's the plan for the poor and middle class when they can't get home insurance in the town' they love?

My point is that the insurance industry will make the environmental predictions, cradle. They're not going to insure homes in areas that they know are prone to more frequent floods, tornadoes, forest fires, hurricanes, etc. Not without jacking up premiums to levels only the rich can afford.
So the bottom line is if you have enough money global warming doesn't mean bupkis to you? Damn the torpedoes full speed ahead. When the insurance companies start refusing to write policies for the Uber rich then I'll know you are on to something.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 3:46 pm

Joe
Thank you.

Joe

So the bottom line is if you have enough money global warming doesn't mean bupkis to you? Damn the torpedoes full speed ahead. When the insurance companies start refusing to write policies for the ]b]Uber rich [/b{then I'll know you are on to something.
They self-insure. They may as well be aliens. They are not like 99.99% of the population.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 3:46 pm So the bottom line is if you have enough money global warming doesn't mean bupkis to you? Damn the torpedoes full speed ahead. When the insurance companies start refusing to write policies for the Uber rich then I'll know you are on to something.
No. You'll know I'm on to something when thousands of Americans are forced to move because they can't afford to insure their homes, making home loans impossible.

And yes, the rich do as they please. You see any of them giving up their private jets? Me neither.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:57 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 3:46 pm So the bottom line is if you have enough money global warming doesn't mean bupkis to you? Damn the torpedoes full speed ahead. When the insurance companies start refusing to write policies for the Uber rich then I'll know you are on to something.
No. You'll know I'm on to something when thousands of Americans are forced to move because they can't afford to insure their homes, making home loans impossible.

And yes, the rich do as they please. You see any of them giving up their private jets? Me neither.
I have news for you young man, if you can afford a mult million dollar beachfront mansion with a staff of servants and a Tennis court, a Pickle Ball court an Olympic size swimming pool. A 9 hole golf course a 10 person Jacuzzi and Sauna and hell maybe even a Bocce Court, horseshoe pit, basketball court and hell just for good measure a lacrosse field. Worrying about climate change isn't high on your list of things to worry about . What you pay every year for insurance is not even a drop in the bucket. ;)
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Free Palestine....in the name of Climate Change: https://x.com/TheMossadIL/status/1794739374007230783
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 9:46 am Free Palestine....in the name of Climate Change: https://x.com/TheMossadIL/status/1794739374007230783
No surprise to me. The same folks who fall for Hamas skullduggery are the target audience the climate change fear mongers are zeroing in all. PT Barnum always said that there was a sucker born every minute. :D
Maybe if we " invest" a hundred trillion dollars in taxpayer money. Maybe if we all drive EVs, maybe if we all give up our NG furnaces and ovens and hot water heaters and install solar panels on our roofs and if we all become vegan and most importantly if everyone stops watching Fox news and maybe if we patiently wait a thousand years planet earth will forgive us all and resort back to the equilibrium we all so desperately desire. 8-)
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 10:30 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 9:46 am Free Palestine....in the name of Climate Change: https://x.com/TheMossadIL/status/1794739374007230783
No surprise to me. The same folks who fall for Hamas skullduggery are the target audience the climate change fear mongers are zeroing in all. PT Barnum always said that there was a sucker born every minute. :D
Maybe if we " invest" a hundred trillion dollars in taxpayer money. Maybe if we all drive EVs, maybe if we all give up our NG furnaces and ovens and hot water heaters and install solar panels on our roofs and if we all become vegan and most importantly if everyone stops watching Fox news and maybe if we patiently wait a thousand years planet earth will forgive us all and resort back to the equilibrium we all so desperately desire. 8-)
Nope. Interesting that you anthopomorphize this issue. Or do you worship Mother Earth?

Maybe, just maybe, if the population were reduced to about 1B, there might be some significant change in the emissions. Problem is, so much CO2 and methane has already been released that now we are in the "find out" stage.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:52 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 10:30 am
Nope. Interesting that you anthopomorphize this issue. Or do you worship Mother Earth?

Maybe, just maybe, if the population were reduced to about 1B, there might be some significant change in the emissions. Problem is, so much CO2 and methane has already been released that now we are in the "find out" stage.
Maybe in the near future one of those rogue meteors will scream into mother earth at 50 thousand mph. That should address the overpopulation issue quite nicely. Maybe even kick in a billion extra just for good measure.
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

:lol: :lol: duped by the tripe you follow. :lol: :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 5:19 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe
Typical Lax Dad

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:01 pm

Joe
🙁…..you do realize that I am from tornado country don’t you?

You ever see this with your own eyes Joey?

I have pretty good idea which parts were real and fake….did you?
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:44 pm

Joe

Yes, I did. The fake outnumbered the real. Definitely had an encounter or two with tornados in my time in Ohio.

Joe
Typical Lax Dad

JoeMauer89 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 11:39 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:44 pm

Joe

Yes, I did. The fake outnumbered the real. Definitely had an encounter or two with tornados in my time in Ohio.

Joe
Yes. Like my old boss told me…don’t confuse the issue with facts. Frequency and severity of tornadoes have picked up considerably over the past 10 years in Ohio BTW.

https://www.10tv.com/article/weather/el ... 788c20f3ad#
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... you might want to do a little more research. :roll: Shelly Capito is lying. This organization has received no money under the program quoted. They are on a potential award list for climate dollars. No money has been given to them. The organization does consider Climate Change a social justice issue, because the poor countries at sea level will suffer the brunt of the problem. It is not just Gaza that has their attention. Typical right-wing horse$hit -- spin the part of the story you like! The real complaint is the organization did not condemn the Palestinians or Hamas and two weeks after Oct 7 they made a press release that asked Biden to intervene to cause a ceasefire.

You dumbasses are being played again, you will fall for anything!
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 6:02 pm
... you might want to do a little more research. :roll: Shelly Capito is lying. This organization has received no money under the program quoted. They are on a potential award list for climate dollars. No money has been given to them. The organization does consider Climate Change a social justice issue, because the poor countries at sea level will suffer the brunt of the problem. It is not just Gaza that has their attention. Typical right-wing horse$hit -- spin the part of the story you like! The real complaint is the organization did not condemn the Palestinians or Hamas and two weeks after Oct 7 they made a press release that asked Biden to intervene to cause a ceasefire.

+ 1
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 8:29 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 6:02 pm

+ 1
+2
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Return to “POLITICS”