Post by masondixonlax »

lorin wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:39 pm
masondixonlax wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:37 pm
tech37 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:33 pm
masondixonlax wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:10 pm
tech37 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:06 pm
masondixonlax wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:00 pm
tech37 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:54 pm
Laxitup21 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:39 pm Spallina seems like a great kid and by all means, had a great year. The problem is he spent all summer playing box when in reality, as said above, he should be slimming down and focusing on speed.

I think he lacks moves and overcomplicates his dodging. It takes too long and the ball stops in his stick. That player from Cornell, Goldstein I believe, is who he needs to study. He was small and quick, and maybe 150 lbs. when he dodged, it was immediate and made one move to clear his hands and shoot. Spallinas back down move does not work and clearly will not work at the next level.

The thing I agree most on was the SSDM of Cuse. They didn’t help at all. The Denver kids were big and strong and the Cuse DM got beat handily. It doesn’t matter if you have Dwan and Figueras if every play you are sliding. They need to upgrade that position asap.

Spallina and Hiltz work but not sure if Leo at x helps long term if he can’t pass well like a QB. They will miss the Princeton middies big time next year. I know they’ll be a good team but not a for sure bet for MdW again.
I agree he lacks foot speed/quickness. Not sure you can develop Goldstein's natural quickness. Lacking quickness S tries to body the dman and rarely wins that battle at this level. That said, he has good lax IQ and stick skills, and again whether expected or not, a lot of heart. He certainly was not invisible vs Towson last week.
That’s not the issue. He is never “invisible” against mid-tier or boarder line upper tier programs. He can successfully bully ball 90% of D1 teams It’s when he goes against the upper tier required to advance in the tournament
You mean like Towson's defense?

VS lesser teams, what is the kid supposed to do, not try to score when he can? That makes it "bully ball" :roll: Got it.

Just sippin that "hatorade" again I guess.
No bully ball refers to charging opponents in dodges. It has nothing to do with whatever you’re trying to take personally
Notice the quotes? That was your "personal" post toward me the other day. You're silly.
Clearly you’ve thought a lot about this and it’s really easy to get under your skin
I think Bully ball can work, if he’s my boy I would hell him no stick this summer that’s not is problem, would be all about getting faster 10 yard sprints, stronger so he can bully ball, and he needs more foot work.
I think it worked for Matt Rambo but he may have had a touch more quickness. But he certainly bodied up and bullied defenses
masondixonlax

Re: QF #4 Syracuse vs #5 Denver Sunday @ noon

Post by masondixonlax »

lorin wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:39 pm
masondixonlax wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:37 pm
tech37 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:33 pm
masondixonlax wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:10 pm
tech37 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:06 pm
masondixonlax wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:00 pm
tech37 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:54 pm
Laxitup21 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:39 pm Spallina seems like a great kid and by all means, had a great year. The problem is he spent all summer playing box when in reality, as said above, he should be slimming down and focusing on speed.

I think he lacks moves and overcomplicates his dodging. It takes too long and the ball stops in his stick. That player from Cornell, Goldstein I believe, is who he needs to study. He was small and quick, and maybe 150 lbs. when he dodged, it was immediate and made one move to clear his hands and shoot. Spallinas back down move does not work and clearly will not work at the next level.

The thing I agree most on was the SSDM of Cuse. They didn’t help at all. The Denver kids were big and strong and the Cuse DM got beat handily. It doesn’t matter if you have Dwan and Figueras if every play you are sliding. They need to upgrade that position asap.

Spallina and Hiltz work but not sure if Leo at x helps long term if he can’t pass well like a QB. They will miss the Princeton middies big time next year. I know they’ll be a good team but not a for sure bet for MdW again.
I agree he lacks foot speed/quickness. Not sure you can develop Goldstein's natural quickness. Lacking quickness S tries to body the dman and rarely wins that battle at this level. That said, he has good lax IQ and stick skills, and again whether expected or not, a lot of heart. He certainly was not invisible vs Towson last week.
That’s not the issue. He is never “invisible” against mid-tier or boarder line upper tier programs. He can successfully bully ball 90% of D1 teams It’s when he goes against the upper tier required to advance in the tournament
You mean like Towson's defense?

VS lesser teams, what is the kid supposed to do, not try to score when he can? That makes it "bully ball" :roll: Got it.

Just sippin that "hatorade" again I guess.
No bully ball refers to charging opponents in dodges. It has nothing to do with whatever you’re trying to take personally
Notice the quotes? That was your "personal" post toward me the other day. You're silly.
Clearly you’ve thought a lot about this and it’s really easy to get under your skin
I think Bully ball can work, if he’s my boy I would hell him no stick this summer that’s not is problem, would be all about getting faster 10 yard sprints, stronger so he can bully ball, and he needs more foot work.
I think it worked for Matt Rambo but he may have had a touch more quickness. But he certainly bodied up and bullied defenses at the highest level so yes i agree it can work

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”