Semifinal One -- Florida v. NU

D1 Womens Lacrosse
njbill

Re: Semifinal One -- Florida v. NU

Post by njbill »

We are rooting for different teams in this game. Next game (if we ever get there :shock: ) we will be rooting for the same team. :)
njbill

Post by njbill »

No weather delay if we were at PPL today. Just saying.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

njbill wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 5:04 pm We are rooting for different teams in this game. Next game (if we ever get there :shock: ) we will be rooting for the same team. :)
Yeah, there's something to that, for sure.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

N'western vs. BC-SU winner. I like it. Good final.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

Love to see Kathryn Welch having a good game.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 5:05 pm
njbill wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 5:04 pm We are rooting for different teams in this game. Next game (if we ever get there :shock: ) we will be rooting for the same team. :)
Watching with a few people - some not regular lacrosse watchers and all the comments “why is that announcer yelling all the time “ CN brutal voice
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

ultravisitor wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:12 am I think Florida will keep it uncomfortably close for a bit, but they haven't been tested over the course of their season the way the Wildcats have been, so ultimately the moment will be too much for the Gators.

Or maybe it will be a NU blowout, which would surprise no one.
It wasn't a blowout, but still.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Madlax59 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 6:18 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 5:05 pm
Watching with a few people - some not regular lacrosse watchers and all the comments “why is that announcer yelling all the time “ CN brutal voice
My wife said the same thing. Just tone it down. What she has to say is great - she just needs some coaching.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

Watching this game now because I couldn't yesterday. I have always been irked by the play of #19 on UF, but she should have been carded yesterday for the drama. The rule is on the books for a reason.
LaxCats27

Post by LaxCats27 »

Hall flopped more than Neymar at that World Cup. Solid player... when she doesn't hit the deck. Thought NW was school with better drama program but what do I know?
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

LaxCats27 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 11:48 pm Hall flopped more than Neymar at that World Cup. Solid player... when she doesn't hit the deck. Thought NW was school with better drama program but what do I know?
tothedraw wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:46 pm Watching this game now because I couldn't yesterday. I have always been irked by the play of #19 on UF, but she should have been carded yesterday for the drama. The rule is on the books for a reason.
Yeah, it's ridiculous to me that anyone would complain about Madison Taylor flopping given what Maggi Hall was up to out there.
McLax9777

Post by McLax9777 »

ultravisitor wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:17 am
LaxCats27 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 11:48 pm Hall flopped more than Neymar at that World Cup. Solid player... when she doesn't hit the deck. Thought NW was school with better drama program but what do I know?
tothedraw wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:46 pm Watching this game now because I couldn't yesterday. I have always been irked by the play of #19 on UF, but she should have been carded yesterday for the drama. The rule is on the books for a reason.
Yeah, it's ridiculous to me that anyone would complain about Madison Taylor flopping given what Maggi Hall was up to out there.
I find Hall unwatchable, her flopping (and her exaggerated faces) take the skill out of the sport. Lacrosse is becoming the new soccer.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

McLax9777 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:34 am
ultravisitor wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:17 am
I find Hall unwatchable, her flopping (and her exaggerated faces) take the skill out of the sport. Lacrosse is becoming the new soccer.
I saw Florida at Maryland this year in person and watched several of their games on TV. I have to be honest, I did not notice Hall flopping in these games, but it was hard to miss in the semi. However, the refs were letting both teams play. My daughter (who played both of these programs in her collegiate career) texted me: "the refs need to rein it in, these programs will legit hurt each other." Maybe this was an intentional strategy by Hall to try and take advantage of NW's physicality? I think she risked getting carded for flopping several times and several times was pretty reckless and OOC, throwing her body around in what looked like an attempt to force contact/a whistle.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”