Next Programs To Win National Titles For The First Time?

D1 Mens Lacrosse
10stone5

Re: Next Programs To Win National Titles For The First Time?

Post by 10stone5 »

norcalhop wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:05 pm
Magbride14 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:32 pm Every college lacrosse Natty champion is one of the blue bloods b/c it is the only college sport where the playing field is not level, how can a program like a Nova expect to compete every season with only 10 scholarships & one of the smallest rosters in Div 1
If a small school like Loyola could win, it's possible for anyone. They are not blue blood in my book.
If that is correct, Villanova is up to 10 scholarships - then that is a relatively recent step up (from 8.5).
Here's guessing they are working to fund the final 2.6 scholarships soon, taking into consideration the glacial pace these things take.

But yes, Loyola is a good comparable.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

norcalhop wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:36 pm Not sure why people are saying Brown over other more established programs like Harvard or Penn tbh. Brown is starting with a lot more unknowns and at the bottom until proven otherwise.
Harvard? You been chillin w Doc and letting go of your NorCal hippiness for some Peter Navarro style San Diego.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:37 am
norcalhop wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:36 pm Not sure why people are saying Brown over other more established programs like Harvard or Penn tbh. Brown is starting with a lot more unknowns and at the bottom until proven otherwise.
Harvard? You been chillin w Doc and letting go of your NorCal hippiness for some Peter Navarro style San Diego.
Doc has been taking harder drugs than me for sometime..=).
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

norcalhop wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:39 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:37 am
Doc has been taking harder drugs than me for sometime..=).
Word
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

10stone5 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 5:24 am
norcalhop wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:05 pm
Magbride14 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:32 pm Every college lacrosse Natty champion is one of the blue bloods b/c it is the only college sport where the playing field is not level, how can a program like a Nova expect to compete every season with only 10 scholarships & one of the smallest rosters in Div 1
If a small school like Loyola could win, it's possible for anyone. They are not blue blood in my book.
If that is correct, Villanova is up to 10 scholarships - then that is a relatively recent step up (from 8.5).
Here's guessing they are working to fund the final 2.6 scholarships soon, taking into consideration the glacial pace these things take.

But yes, Loyola is a good comparable.
If you want to do what Loyola did, you need a president and alumni that put major bank into just lacrosse. That's easier to do if you are the premier sport on campus. Loyola has the right build and history. Not sure Villanova does.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”