Virginia
69%

Total votes: 71

norcalhop

Re: QF #3 Hopkins vs #6 Virginia Sunday @2:30

Post by norcalhop »

Hooz123 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:55 pm
norcalhop wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:53 pm
Hooz123 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:50 pm Having said that, Hopkins is a shell of its former self and this is probably their ceiling for the foreseeable future. so ha ha. Your glory days are O-VA if that wasn't already clear the last 18 FREAKING YEARS. LOL

You should offer Q and Petro dual HC jobs. Your only hope. Q is probably the most appealing thing about your program now, sort of sad.
Keep editing bud. Hole needs to be dug deeper.
The only hole here is Hopkins in 2025. Good luck winning 8 games.
One UVa fan already offered to pay you to quit this forum. I'll join them.
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

norcalhop wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:56 pm
Hooz123 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:50 pm Having said that, Hopkins is a shell of its former self and this is probably their ceiling for the foreseeable future. so ha ha. Your glory days are O-VA if that wasn't already clear the last 18 FREAKING YEARS. LOL

You should offer Q and Petro dual HC jobs. Your only hope. Q is probably the most appealing thing about your program now, sort of sad.
Just as I thought. It's all fun and games until you remember how dusty you're gonna be next year. Yikes.
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

Hooz123 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:56 pm

Just as I thought. It's all fun and games until you remember how dusty you're gonna be next year. Yikes.
Enjoy talking to yourself here on out.
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

norcalhop wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:58 pm
Hooz123 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:56 pm

Enjoy talking to yourself here on out.
OK OK, I'll tone it down. It's a little over the top now even by my standards...
blx9

Post by blx9 »

norcalhop wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:41 pm
Hooz123 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:38 pm
norcalhop wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:23 pm
Hooz123 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:18 pm
norcalhop wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:17 pm
Hooz123 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:17 pm
norcalhop wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:10 pm
Hooz123 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:07 pm
norcalhop wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:13 pm
Hooz123 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:39 pm
norcalhop wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:13 pm
Hoxwurth wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:07 pm
coda wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:52 am I was in the game thread and said I think he is in the crease, but I am not sure there is enough evidence to over-turn it. This play was not like the Duke goal .

https://www.pennlive.com/pennstate/2023 ... jones.html

you can see there is no doubt that Duke guy was on the crease. Millon was debate about was his foot touching the crease. I think it the tip of his shoe touched the line, but pretty sure most rational people would say that it was a really tough call.
As others are noting, this Millon crease review is nothing like the Duke one from 2023 where the player's toe was across the entire crease line.

It's certainly possible that Millon's toe was barely in the crease, but replay isn't intended to be perfect, it's intended to fix blatant mistakes. For example, the Maryland fans are right that the tying goal UVA scored in the tournament went off the crossbar and never hit the net. The complaining here about such a close call is absurd--whatever was called on the field was always going to stand.
When the announcer literally says it's going to be overturned, yes it is controversial.
NO WAY!! You mean the guy on his knees for alma mater says it would be overturned, and the other guy said it wouldn't? WOW THAT'S COMPELLING!!!

You're a clown. Quint is known as the biggest anti-Hopkins homer out there since they parted ways with his teammate Petro. He called the first Hopkins man-up a bad call when it was Collison was on the ground getting rode on by a UVa player. Other commentators cited on podcasts with no Hopkins ties in above posts agreed as well with the crease call being reversed.

I still don't know why you're even on this forum. You've been lambasted repeatedly by UVa fans for your ridiculous comments against UVa players, let alone other teams.
No you're a clown. For every podcaster you drop, I can name one the other way. What about this don't you understand? Obviously there's reasonable doubt either way, get a clue. For you to come on here and definitively say he was in the crease.."well, that's like...your opinion, man"...
Where did I say it was definitely in the crease? I merely cited why it was a controversial call. You suck at reading comprehension in addition to many many many other things. Get a clue, when UVa fans and other fans dislike you, time to open the exit door.
Don't let your feelings get in the way, egghead. We're here to talk lacrosse, this isn't a popularity contest.
Compared to you, everyone is an egghead with a bigger brain.
Let's not lose sight of what's really important here....Hopkins hasn't been to championship weekend in 10 years. :lol:
2-24 record vs Duke. Amazing. Truly. Also 2015 is less than 10 years so I guess math isn't your forte either.
I'd happily lose 100 regular season games to Duke than be clinging to modern relevancy as a distant relic of lacrosse past like Hopkins.

Speaking of stats, UVa has won 6 national championships in the last 25 years... Hopkins is approaching 20 years since their last title, so that's cool. lol
clinging to modern relevancy? After winning the Big 10 regular season conference twice in a row and getting to the Quarter Finals twice in a row?

What on earth are you talking about?
LOL. This is what Hopkins has come to? The glory days are long gone… 2024 celebrating a big 10 regular season conference title? And quarter final appearances back to back years? YIKES.

Why any top recruits commit to JHU is beyond me unless they’re from the area, played top MIAA and grew up going to games at Homewood/want to stay close to home. Or if they’re legacy. That city is a sht hole and when programs/schools like Duke and UVA exist why not go there and be around attractive co-eds, actually compete for championship weekend/nat’l championships every year and get a degree from a top school on Earth
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

blx9 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 12:12 am
norcalhop wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:41 pm
Hooz123 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:38 pm
norcalhop wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:23 pm
Hooz123 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:18 pm
norcalhop wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:17 pm
Hooz123 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:17 pm
norcalhop wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:10 pm
Hooz123 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:07 pm
norcalhop wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:13 pm
Hooz123 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:39 pm
norcalhop wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:13 pm
Hoxwurth wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:07 pm
coda wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:52 am I was in the game thread and said I think he is in the crease, but I am not sure there is enough evidence to over-turn it. This play was not like the Duke goal .

https://www.pennlive.com/pennstate/2023 ... jones.html

you can see there is no doubt that Duke guy was on the crease. Millon was debate about was his foot touching the crease. I think it the tip of his shoe touched the line, but pretty sure most rational people would say that it was a really tough call.
As others are noting, this Millon crease review is nothing like the Duke one from 2023 where the player's toe was across the entire crease line.

It's certainly possible that Millon's toe was barely in the crease, but replay isn't intended to be perfect, it's intended to fix blatant mistakes. For example, the Maryland fans are right that the tying goal UVA scored in the tournament went off the crossbar and never hit the net. The complaining here about such a close call is absurd--whatever was called on the field was always going to stand.
When the announcer literally says it's going to be overturned, yes it is controversial.
NO WAY!! You mean the guy on his knees for alma mater says it would be overturned, and the other guy said it wouldn't? WOW THAT'S COMPELLING!!!

You're a clown. Quint is known as the biggest anti-Hopkins homer out there since they parted ways with his teammate Petro. He called the first Hopkins man-up a bad call when it was Collison was on the ground getting rode on by a UVa player. Other commentators cited on podcasts with no Hopkins ties in above posts agreed as well with the crease call being reversed.

I still don't know why you're even on this forum. You've been lambasted repeatedly by UVa fans for your ridiculous comments against UVa players, let alone other teams.
No you're a clown. For every podcaster you drop, I can name one the other way. What about this don't you understand? Obviously there's reasonable doubt either way, get a clue. For you to come on here and definitively say he was in the crease.."well, that's like...your opinion, man"...
Where did I say it was definitely in the crease? I merely cited why it was a controversial call. You suck at reading comprehension in addition to many many many other things. Get a clue, when UVa fans and other fans dislike you, time to open the exit door.
Don't let your feelings get in the way, egghead. We're here to talk lacrosse, this isn't a popularity contest.
Compared to you, everyone is an egghead with a bigger brain.
Let's not lose sight of what's really important here....Hopkins hasn't been to championship weekend in 10 years. :lol:
2-24 record vs Duke. Amazing. Truly. Also 2015 is less than 10 years so I guess math isn't your forte either.
I'd happily lose 100 regular season games to Duke than be clinging to modern relevancy as a distant relic of lacrosse past like Hopkins.

Speaking of stats, UVa has won 6 national championships in the last 25 years... Hopkins is approaching 20 years since their last title, so that's cool. lol
clinging to modern relevancy? After winning the Big 10 regular season conference twice in a row and getting to the Quarter Finals twice in a row?

What on earth are you talking about?
LOL. This is what Hopkins has come to? The glory days are long gone… 2024 celebrating a big 10 regular season conference title? And quarter final appearances back to back years? YIKES.

Why any top recruits commit to JHU is beyond me unless they’re from the area, played top MIAA and grew up going to games at Homewood/want to stay close to home. Or if they’re legacy. That city is a sht hole and when programs/schools like Duke and UVA exist why not go there and be around attractive co-eds, actually compete for championship weekend/nat’l championships every year and get a degree from a top school on Earth
You're not wrong. If we're being honest Hopkins is becoming a 2-bit player in their own backyard when it comes to recruiting. This isn't a "new" thing" They aren't a serious contender for the top guys anymore and haven't been for some time (for all the reasons you pointed out, and then some..I mean, Hopkins is the opposite of "cool"). Sure, you can go to Hopkins if you plan on just commuting and living at home, maybe you girlfriend goes to Towson or something.. ? Hopkins reminds me of Cleveland. Nobody wants to go to Cleveland, but at least it's not Detroit...You're not a guy that really gets a lot of facetime from the Duke's and UVa's of the world, but Hopkins is a good plan b.
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

blx sounds a lot like Hooz. Hm...
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

Hooz:

"LOL this is so poetic. A hopkins fan coping with his "quarter final" appearance as relevant. lol my oh my have you fallen off a freaking cliff. Can you even imagine this 20 years ago?"

blx:

"LOL. This is what Hopkins has come to? The glory days are long gone… 2024 celebrating a big 10 regular season conference title? And quarter final appearances back to back years? YIKES."

:shock: Couldn't be.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

norcalhop wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 12:33 am Hooz:

"LOL this is so poetic. A hopkins fan coping with his "quarter final" appearance as relevant. lol my oh my have you fallen off a freaking cliff. Can you even imagine this 20 years ago?"

blx:

"LOL. This is what Hopkins has come to? The glory days are long gone… 2024 celebrating a big 10 regular season conference title? And quarter final appearances back to back years? YIKES."

Why do you even respond? He/she is baiting you and laughing their ass off. I am not convinced one of them is actually a Virginia fan either. Though there was lot's of sloppy play and mistakes made on both sides, this HOP/Virginia game had 2 teams leave it all on the field. Let's remember it for that and let this thread die it's natural death. Personally, I think most lacrosse fans think it's great to see HOP return to being a relevant competitor for the title again.... Denying that, is just false.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:29 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:23 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:12 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:02 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:51 pm as long as we're still talking about it, rather than hoping one day lacrosse rulemakers break hallowed ground and allow replay to do all the talking.

we're not too many years away from getting someone to triangulate both creases with 16k cameras on drones at 30 yards vertical for the championships. i'd be up for an enterprising someone to push that thru.
First, I wanna see a flag for coaches on the field and the box being in complete disarray.
i don't mind about the box, but coaches shouldn't need to be on the field unless they're calling a timeout. or give them one warning and then tell them it's a charged timeout until deadball and if the other team was on offense/until their team takes possession. and if the other team wants to just restart, they can. they can set these rules anytime they want.

if you think lax is bad, it's a pimple on an elephant compared to hoops. some coaches are on the floor the entire game. and playing d.
Hurley is often on the court. He’s a great coach. Players love the system. Next year’s roster is his most talented. I was with Spencer and Diarra a couple of weeks ago.
No one pushes the limit more than Calipari and Self. They are practically at the 3-Point Line.

Joe
That’s about the only time Self and Coach Cal should be mentioned in the same breath.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

blue angels wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:08 am

blx:

Why do you even respond? He/she is baiting you and laughing their ass off. I am not convinced one of them is actually a Virginia fan either. Though there was lot's of sloppy play and mistakes made on both sides, this HOP/Virginia game had 2 teams leave it all on the field. Let's remember it for that and let this thread die it's natural death. Personally, I think most lacrosse fans think it's great to see HOP return to being a relevant competitor for the title again.... Denying that, is just false.
FWIW, from my vantage point, most lacrosse fans generally would like to see the full reemergence of Syracuse, for example. Cuse just feels like an iconic brand name, for so many reasons Hopkins just, isn't... Hopkins is Hopkins, but it doesn't resonate as much, especially with younger fans. For the most part, people don't really care either way. I know that is impossible for you to fathom outside of your Hopkin echo chamber, but it's true. National footprint and recognition, casuals don't care about Hopkins (and you know it).

And for the record, I don't know who blx is. Hilarious actually, but no, not me.
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

blx:

Hopkins reminds me a lot of Indiana University basketball. For decades they were the "IT" program, but....
BigTom5

Post by BigTom5 »

Pretty wild that one game can produce twenty three pages of forum chatter (and counting)! In one week it’s had almost as many posts as the Rutgers forum has had over the last two years. While you can argue whether or not Hop is officially “back”, you cannot argue whether or not they still move the needle in the lacrosse world!
azim21

Post by azim21 »

BigTom5 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:22 am Pretty wild that one game can produce twenty three pages of forum chatter (and counting)! In one week it’s had almost as many posts as the Rutgers forum has had over the last two years. While you can argue whether or not Hop is officially “back”, you cannot argue whether or not they still move the needle in the lacrosse world!
yep! For someone to suggest they aren't relevant is kinda funny. It's like whenever ESPN has the conversation "Is Notre Dame Football Relevant?" Just by you having that conversation on National Television proves they are :lol: Plus as someone who coaches in the Midwest, I see kids repping Johns Hopkins merch all the time at lacrosse tournaments. They're one of the few schools known as a pure "lacrosse school". Not sure how it is in other places, but even with them not being what they were they still move the needle.
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

51percentcorn wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:08 am the fact that there are posts about that play 4 days later is evidence it was controversial - it did not in and of itself decide the game - just one of a gazillion plays. Hopkins was still free to win the game. Win more face-offs/get more groundballs and avoid 9 failed clears and 20+ turnovers and Hopkins people don't have to talk about that play. UVA folks - IMO - should ignore this thread and go discuss Maryland. Hopkins folks should take their spilt milk and go to the '25 thread.
As usual, I disagree with you. This needs to get escalated. I know there are people on here who know people in the Athletic Department. Hop needs to file a complaint with the NCAA or sue them. Hell, everyone else is suing them. Back in the 80's, Hop sued the NCAA and won. Do it again. I'm serious. The integrity of the sport is at stake. Not a joke.

I'm laughing at all the BS nonsense on this board that replay was inconclusive and the call on the field takes some kind of priority....Jesus Christ the whole point of replay is that calls on the field are imperfect because the refs can't look at everything at once. The video shows his foot on the line. Virtually the entire stadium there knew it! There was a LOUD CHORUS of boos after the call. The place erupted. Even QK said on air the call should have been overturned and he is a major Hop critic. He's also an expert. He played goalie and won an NC. He really knows his crease calls. The NFL reviews these foot-on-the -line calls all the time and gets them 100% correct. They never miss it. They always always call it correctly on review. How hard can it be to look at the foot on the line? NCCA lacrosse can't get this right even one time. Beyond pathetic.

I submit the refs for this game were either incompetent or corrupt, no other choices here, and should be disciplined, investigated or fired. Simple as that.

I do agree with you about the Angelus slip. OMG. I thought they were about to ice the game, instead it was a two goal swing. All they needed there was a good possession. Super super bad luck at the worst possible time.

However, I don't agree that UVA would have scored again if the call had been reversed. If they could have scored again, they would have. They were trying to win the game.

That game was the high water mark for Hopkins, derailed by incompetent BAD refereeing.
If major complaints aren't filed, this nonsense will keep happening.
The integrity of this game is at stake.
There needs to be an investigation.
I'm surprised the cowardly IL people don't write an article about this. Afraid of controversy?? Some people need to do the right thing.
BigTom5

Post by BigTom5 »

Sagittarius A* wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:44 am
51percentcorn wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:08 am the fact that there are posts about that play 4 days later is evidence it was controversial - it did not in and of itself decide the game - just one of a gazillion plays. Hopkins was still free to win the game. Win more face-offs/get more groundballs and avoid 9 failed clears and 20+ turnovers and Hopkins people don't have to talk about that play. UVA folks - IMO - should ignore this thread and go discuss Maryland. Hopkins folks should take their spilt milk and go to the '25 thread.
As usual, I disagree with you. This needs to get escalated. I know there are people on here who know people in the Athletic Department. Hop needs to file a complaint with the NCAA or sue them. Hell, everyone else is suing them. Back in the 80's, Hop sued the NCAA and won. Do it again. I'm serious. The integrity of the sport is at stake. Not a joke.
While this may not be a joke to you, you have become a joke to everyone else. Start a gofundme, hire a private eye, maybe you can find a money trail between the refs and DraftKings (or Lars!) :lol:
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

I'm laughing at all the BS nonsense on this board that replay was inconclusive and the call on the field takes some kind of priority....Jesus Christ the whole point of replay is that calls on the field are imperfect because the refs can't look at everything at once. The video shows his foot on the line. Virtually the entire stadium there knew it! There was a LOUD CHORUS of boos after the call. The place erupted. Even QK said on air the call should have been overturned and he is a major Hop critic. He's also an expert. He played goalie and won an NC. He really knows his crease calls. The NFL reviews these foot-on-the -line calls all the time and gets them 100% correct. They never miss it. They always always call it correctly on review. How hard can it be to look at the foot on the line? NCCA lacrosse can't get this right even one time. Beyond pathetic.

I submit the refs for this game were either incompetent or corrupt, no other choices here, and should be disciplined, investigated or fired. Simple as that.

I do agree with you about the Angelus slip. OMG. I thought they were about to ice the game, instead it was a two goal swing. All they needed there was a good possession. Super super bad luck at the worst possible time.

However, I don't agree that UVA would have scored again if the call had been reversed. If they could have scored again, they would have. They were trying to win the game.

That game was the high water mark for Hopkins, derailed by incompetent BAD refereeing.
If major complaints aren't filed, this nonsense will keep happening.
The integrity of this game is at stake.
There needs to be an investigation.
I'm surprised the cowardly IL people don't write an article about this. Afraid of controversy?? Some people need to do the right thing.
is this satire?
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

BigTom5 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:49 am
While this may not be a joke to you, you have become a joke to everyone else. Start a gofundme, hire a private eye, maybe you can find a money trail between the refs and DraftKings (or Lars!) :lol:
This sport has become a joke.
azim21

Post by azim21 »

The NFL reviews these foot-on-the -line calls all the time and gets them 100% correct. They never miss it. They always always call it correctly on review.
No they don't, not even close. If they aren't sure, they go to the call on the field. Just like every other sport does and just like they did this past Sunday.
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

azim21 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:00 am
The NFL reviews these foot-on-the -line calls all the time and gets them 100% correct. They never miss it. They always always call it correctly on review.
No they don't, not even close. If they aren't sure, they go to the call on the field. Just like every other sport does and just like they did this past Sunday.
I have NEVER seen the NFL miss call a foot-on-the line, ever, after review and I watch a lot of football.
Replay rules. This was obvious.
The NFL initially had a problem with refs not wanting to overturn the call on the field, but they fixed it after they started firing replay refs who wouldn't reverse calls.
This call was beyond obvious unless you're blind in which case you shouldn't be a ref.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”