Johns Hopkins 2025

D1 Mens Lacrosse
51percentcorn

Re: Johns Hopkins 2025

Post by 51percentcorn »

well then I think you need to contact the system administrators because someone has been running around with an O'Canada username posting things like:
- What the infamous Rochester people told you about Milliman which wasn't an endorsement
- The Crab Cake luncheon incident when he didn't come up to speak to you
- How his reputation is not to be very personable shall we say
- Not exactly pulling punches after the bad loss to the undefeated Maryland team with no recognition that since that game they are 2-2 against Maryland - who deserves credit for that? Crawley?

And then when the team is Ranked #2 in the country for a week - Top 5 for most of the season - not a peep from this person impersonating you. Lose a game in double overtime to UVA - while admittedly not playing well for the second half at all - and this charlatan pops up with a cryptic post not naming Milliman but leaving no doubt as to whom they think is to "have the responsibility"

BTW - I noticed there was no refutation on this impersonator giving most of the credit to Crawley last year
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

51percentcorn wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:51 am Chayse was fantastic on Sunday - no question - IMO his very best outing of the year in terms of saves. Clearly there were 3 or rmore times where he stole one. I would not agree that this was the norm for the season and the defense in front of him was pretty darn good. You give up 14 twice/13 once and those games are against 2 of the semi finalists and the other was a quarterfinalist. It's not all the goalie - he was a big part but as '16 pointed out before -the possession time and opportunities can take their toll.

OCanada wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:33 pm From my perspective too many are scapegoating Assistant Coaches rather than placing responsibility where it belongs
I can only imagine the scathing reply this will generate but it seems to me you are trying to have it both ways. I believe I could produce multiple posts by a certain someone excoriating Milliman for the Junior hire and giving mega credit to Crawley for the resurgence starting in '23. It remains a little unclear whether you are taking Milliman to task for the offense entirely or the UVA game. It was the EXACT same offensive team as last year - with English completely gone by injury but the addition of Chauvette produced something like 14 goals - other than that it was the EXACT same team. So while I am not blaming anything on Crawley - it does seem logical that if he gets the credit for '23 - he gets some questions as to why it appeared to run out of steam in 24. BTW - we're BLAMING people for producing a record of 23-11 over the last two years - a quarterfinal loss last year to the eventual national champions and a double OT loss to one of the 3 clear preseason favorites for this year? Lost 5 games by a total of 7 goals??

BTW - I do agree Milliman made one conspicuus mistake in the UVA game - it was a poor decision in my opinion to go into OT with both time-outs in your pocket and not attempt to settle the team down when they were obviously rattled. Doesn't take a big leap to think he was trying to save them for possession saves - certainly a worthy goal - but it needed to be done.

Finally, in the past you seem to bristle at the notion you have something in for PM - obviuosly not a fan - I wonder where people get that idea?
He was trying to save the timeouts I think as long as he could. Interesting decision considering Conry changed his entire teams season with his timeout early in the 2nd to kickstart the Michigan run.

Angelus for reasons that remain unknown pulling back on the transition in ot when they could've scored was one of the big reasons they lost that game.

Kaufman Downtown Brown Deans Kilrain Smith if he returns. Poles are going to be the one area they have experience and depth returning adding to the need to get that pole wing slot right next year which was not the case this season.

If Melendez comes back as hf16 says there will not be angelus/degnon to give him cover again for his inconsistent to non existent performances. If he struggles again there will be enormous pressure on him and PM especially if a long term answer starts to emerge.

Crawley needs to dramatically improve his ability to make in game adjustments next year.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

51percentcorn wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 12:13 pm well then I think you need to contact the system administrators because someone has been running around with an O'Canada username posting things like:
- What the infamous Rochester people told you about Milliman which wasn't an endorsement
- Not exactly pulling punches after the bad loss to the undefeated Maryland team with no recognition that since that game they are 2-2 against Maryland - who deserves credit for that? Crawley?

And then when the team is Ranked #2 in the country for a week - Top 5 for most of the season - not a peep from this person impersonating you. Lose a game in double overtime to UVA - while admittedly not playing well for the second half at all - and this charlatan pops up with a cryptic post not naming Milliman but leaving no doubt as to whom they think is to "have the responsibility"

BTW - I noticed there was no refutation on this impersonator giving most of the credit to Crawley last year
You should point out i posted virtually nothing this year in season nor the previous year or the year before that. The notion you seem to have is you know what i am thinking even when i don’t say it, you have posted s great deal of wrong or misleading information in the past. Look in a mirror little man.

Is your point criticism or failing to praise.

What crab cake lunch. Date? Place? Details

You did not post actual quotes or place them in context. I also note none of that is criticism of him as coach. Sharing background information. Neither good nor bad until you chose to place a value judgment on it. That is the purpose of a forum after all. You basically got nothing but a wounded ego. Understandable certainly. Someday maybe you will grow up and learn.
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

OCanada wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:42 pm
51percentcorn wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 12:13 pm well then I think you need to contact the system administrators because someone has been running around with an O'Canada username posting things like:

You should point out i posted virtually nothing this year in season nor the previous year or the year before that. The notion you seem to have is you know what i am thinking even when i don’t say it, you have posted s great deal of wrong or misleading information in the past. Look in a mirror little man.

Is your point criticism or failing to praise.

What crab cake lunch. Date? Place? Details

You did not post actual quotes or place them in context. I also note none of that is criticism of him as coach. Sharing background information. Neither good nor bad until you chose to place a value judgment on it. That is the purpose of a forum after all. You basically got nothing but a wounded ego. Understandable certainly. Someday maybe you will grow up and learn.
Yet you chose to post the sentence here and now about scapegoating assistant coaches and placing responsibility "where it belongs". Hmmmm
There have only been 2 or 3 Homecomings since Milliman took over - maybe 4 but I don't remember if there was one in '21. Was there no Homecoming luncheon where you commented on the lack of intereaction with the head coach? I made that up?

Just because you think something is wrong doesn't make it so. You're inflated self-ego is very tiresome.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Yep you did. Not the first time either. In the event my memory may be faulty you can produce what you are referencing. I havee not been to Homecoming in at least five years though i have been asked if i would head my class participation a couple of times. When i do go i do not go to the lunch.

Your limitations are showing. Specifically when i referred to responsibility for some event i said often Asst Coaches are blamed when responsibility lies elsewhere eg coach, players, Athletic Director etc. You chose to indulge your worst instincts rather than take the time to understand. Consequently you drew the wrong conclusion.
Last edited by OCanada on Thu May 23, 2024 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Yale’s SSDM Patrick Hackler will join JHUmenslacrosse as a grad transfer

https://x.com/tyxanders/status/17937296 ... EO2hFStaxg
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

AreaLax wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 3:45 pm Yale’s SSDM Patrick Hackler will join JHUmenslacrosse as a grad transfer

HUUUUUUUUUUUGE

22 pts, 38% shooting, 30 GBs, 8 CTs is a heck of a stat line. Yale's only captain. Massive, massive get for the staff at a position of need. Expect to see Hackler play on both ends of the field.

Last weekend was tough, but this is a great start to the offseason.
primitiveskills

Post by primitiveskills »

AreaLax wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 3:45 pm Yale’s SSDM Patrick Hackler will join JHUmenslacrosse as a grad transfer

Huge get
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

Then I apologise - maybe somebody else recounted such a tale and I did a mis-attribution. Fanlax does not make it easy to search posts - alot of things come up in the thread
jhu06 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:17 pm He was trying to save the timeouts I think as long as he could. Interesting decision considering Conry changed his entire teams season with his timeout early in the 2nd to kickstart the Michigan run.
Yes - of course - He was looking to save a possession. He could have used a time-out in the manner I suggested and then there could have been a fight in the offensive zone and he couldn't save the possession and he would be second guessed for that. I just think his team was rattled and needed to be settled down. In the vodcast PM and Russell discussed UVA pressure so they likely devoted some practice time to it but in the heat f the moment they did not handle it well. So to me "Hopkins needs a TO Baby!!!" but the coookie can crumble in many ways.

Is Hackler a SSDM or an offensive middie? 16 goals would seem to suggest the latter
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

51percentcorn wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:41 pm Is Hackler a SSDM or an offensive middie? 16 goals would seem to suggest the latter
Believe he's more of an SSDM, but that he was needed to play a lot of offense this year due to Yale's injuries on that end. Seems to be one of an increasingly rare breed who can play both ends well. My guess is he's labeled a d-mid on the roster but given our graduations at the midfield, will be given every opportunity to chip in offensively.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

Xanders-a big LP JHU forum reader and sometimes poster-we welcome all lax big js in the JHU forum, confirmed HF16's returners thing so as of now we're at this which is more than I thought. In order Goalie-SSDM-Attack are the places with massive holes to watch.
Attack 1 Melendez
Attack 2
Attack 3

Midfield 1 Collison-Bauer-English
Midfield 2 Hunter Chauvette-Ayers-Phillips

Faceoff-Callahan
SSDM-Monofort
Close D/LSM-Kilrain-Deans-Downtown Carson Brown-Kaufman- Brother Martin
Maybe Smith

Goalie

Gone
Attack-Degnon Angelus
M-Grimes-Peshko-McDermott-Evans-Cam Chauvette
Faceoff-Dunn
SSDM-Martin-Aviles-Jaronski-Ince-Arteaga
D-Szuluk-Steubner
Goalier-Ierlan
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

Xanders-a big LP JHU forum reader and sometimes poster-we welcome all lax big js in the JHU forum, confirmed HF16's returners thing so as of now we're at this which is more than I thought. In order Goalie-SSDM-Attack are the places with massive holes to watch.
Attack 1 Melendez
Attack 2
Attack 3

Faceoff-Callahan
SSDM-Monofort
Maybe Smith

Goalie

Gone
Attack-Degnon Angelus
Faceoff-Dunn
D-Szuluk-Steubner
Goalier-Ierlan
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

I don't know their plans but Evans, C. Chauvette, and Arteaga all should have eligibility if they want it.

SSDM is suddenly less of a concern with Monfort and Hackler along with the freshmen they've got coming in and existing guys (Colhoun, Claiborne, etc.) who have the size/athleticism you want at the position and showed promise in scrimmages. If one or both of Raposo and Arteaga come back I'd feel quite good about that group which is saying something considering how much we lose there.

Can't stress how big getting the Yale two-way guys is especially for those of you who'd like the Jays to push more transition...not going to find many more capable of getting up and down than them.
primitiveskills

Post by primitiveskills »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:31 pm I don't know their plans but Evans, C. Chauvette, and Arteaga all should have eligibility if they want it.

SSDM is suddenly less of a concern with Monfort and Hackler along with the freshmen they've got coming in and existing guys (Colhoun, Claiborne, etc.) who have the size/athleticism you want at the position and showed promise in scrimmages. If one or both of Raposo and Arteaga come back I'd feel quite good about that group which is saying something considering how much we lose there.

Can't stress how big getting the Yale two-way guys is especially for those of you who'd like the Jays to push more transition...not going to find many more capable of getting up and down than them.
Both Montfort and Hackler were true 2-way players last year. Hackler also played a lot of wing on FO. You have to think that their additions were intended to address an admitted shortcoming of the 2024 team: lack of transition offense and sub game mismatches. For as good as the SSDMs were for JHU at the defensive end of the field, they weren't really the type of players to threaten much in transition or exploit opponents' offensive personnel getting stuck on the defensive end.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

TX deleted the tweet. Maybe not a done deal?
Lax Mouse

Post by Lax Mouse »

nyjay wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:23 pm

TX deleted the tweet. Maybe not a done deal?
Noticed the same thing earlier but didn't want to cause a panic :lol:

I imagine he wouldn't have posted it if it wasn't at the very least close to a done deal . . . but a curious development nonetheless
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:52 pm
51percentcorn wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:41 pm Is Hackler a SSDM or an offensive middie? 16 goals would seem to suggest the latter
Believe he's more of an SSDM, but that he was needed to play a lot of offense this year due to Yale's injuries on that end. Seems to be one of an increasingly rare breed who can play both ends well. My guess is he's labeled a d-mid on the roster but given our graduations at the midfield, will be given every opportunity to chip in offensively.
Both Hackler and Monfort came into college in 2020 as offensive midfielders. Yale had four games before the 2020 season was cancelled, and then the Ivy 2021 season was cancelled. In 2022, a season in which Yale had few ssdms on the roster, later in the season both Hackler and Monfort began to take rotations at ssdm. Summer of 2022, they both played ssdm on the U21 team that won gold in Ireland. In 2023, they both functioned as 2-way middies with a few more rotations on the defensive side of the ball, and that continued in 2024. Hackler had more runs with the regular offensive midfield lines but Monfort is also capable on either side of the 50.

Of the two, Hackler is more offensive minded -- can score in transition and also got some goals in 6 v 6 sets -- but both have good stick skills and are great on ground balls and in the clearing game. The defensive coverage part of the transition to shorty was the toughest part; this year between the two of them I thought Monfort was a bit better in defensive coverage (he got Second Team All-Ivy and Hackler got Honorable Mention). Both incredibly unselfish; tough as nails; great teammates. All Yale teams only have one captain, selected by their teammates, and Hackler's captaincy speaks volumes about the respect with which he is regarded in the locker room.

Wishing Pat and Jack all the best -- if in fact they both end up at Homewood, JHU is getting two really high quality guys who are great teammates as well as pretty darn good lacrosse players.
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

The Orfling wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:37 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:52 pm
Both Hackler and Monfort came into college in 2020 as offensive midfielders. Yale had four games before the 2020 season was cancelled, and then the Ivy 2021 season was cancelled. In 2022, a season in which Yale had few ssdms on the roster, later in the season both Hackler and Monfort began to take rotations at ssdm. Summer of 2022, they both played ssdm on the U21 team that won gold in Ireland. In 2023, they both functioned as 2-way middies with a few more rotations on the defensive side of the ball, and that continued in 2024. Hackler had more runs with the regular offensive midfield lines but Monfort is also capable on either side of the 50.

Of the two, Hackler is more offensive minded -- can score in transition and also got some goals in 6 v 6 sets -- but both have good stick skills and are great on ground balls and in the clearing game. The defensive coverage part of the transition to shorty was the toughest part; this year between the two of them I thought Monfort was a bit better in defensive coverage (he got Second Team All-Ivy and Hackler got Honorable Mention). Both incredibly unselfish; tough as nails; great teammates. All Yale teams only have one captain, selected by their teammates, and Hackler's captaincy speaks volumes about the respect with which he is regarded in the locker room.

Wishing Pat and Jack all the best -- if in fact they both end up at Homewood, JHU is getting two really high quality guys who are great teammates as well as pretty darn good lacrosse players.
We'll always welcome Elis.
Lax Mouse

Post by Lax Mouse »

norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

jhu06 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:10 pm Xanders-a big LP JHU forum reader and sometimes poster-we welcome all lax big js in the JHU forum, confirmed HF16's returners thing so as of now we're at this which is more than I thought. In order Goalie-SSDM-Attack are the places with massive holes to watch.
Attack 1 Melendez
Attack 2
Attack 3

Faceoff-Callahan
SSDM-Monofort
Maybe Smith

Goalie

Gone
Attack-Degnon Angelus
Faceoff-Dunn
D-Szuluk-Steubner
Goalier-Ierlan
Time for Chauvette to slot into the starting attack position. If you were Pete however, would you recruit a starter form the transfer portal for the third attack position or give it to Ayers? They need an Angeleus/Boland type distributor and not sure if Ayers fits the bill.
Last edited by norcalhop on Fri May 24, 2024 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”