Brown 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
bearlaxfan

Re: Brown 2024

Post by bearlaxfan »

If he's so good- and not saying he isn't- why would you want him to leave 'Nova? Are you his agent?
BrownDad

Post by BrownDad »

Magbride14 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:00 am All of u Torpey fans realize that the 2 best Brown lax coaches ever were Lars & Dom, and both played there, and Torpey did not, big difference and there is a saying, “what have u done lately” and Torpeys 2 biggest wins ever were 2019, even before COVID, also, u guys were probably big Amplo/Navy fans as well & the Nova guys coached circles around Amplo at Marquette & Navy, just sayin
If you're going to assign all of the credit and blame for wins and losses to the HC then, by that logic, Connor has done nothing.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

ChopMan23 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:49 am
Magbride14 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:34 am Ok, so Torpey sounds like a terrific guy and a decent coach, but who has HPU beaten or upset over the years? Simon Connor at Nova has been a part of a huge # of upsets over the last 5 years, all I am sayin
2019 HPU beat Duke and UVA
That was an exciting team.
Then they tanked against St John's or they could have gotten an At Large, too bad.

Torpey gets credit also for getting Asher Nolting out of Colorado, and probably pulled from Tierney and the Pios (though he was originally an Air Force commit).
Magbride14

Post by Magbride14 »

Well this is for BrownDad, I have said that Simon and Mike Corrado are a coaching team, just like someone posted on Fanlax recently that Denver has possibly the best coaching duos ( in Brown & Metzy) in all of college lacrosse but the Nova pair beat Denver just 3 weeks ago, good luck with Torpey, just hope he doesn’t have the same football mentality as Daly had
IvyBrown

Post by IvyBrown »

From a parent of a former HC player -

You could not get a better all-around person - What he has done for the former players has been incredible - truly cares about each individual (players, coaches, managers, etc...) while at the school and then for the years after - still talks to his former players years later Tough but fair and motivated - his record speaks for itself
Magbride14

Post by Magbride14 »

This is for bearlaxfan, I am just a very knowledgeable college lacrosse fan & I was trying to point out how Brown State could have saved some $ and gotten a better coach by hiring Simon Conor
WildPride

Post by WildPride »

Laxnation wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:13 pm
Brownlax wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:08 pm
BrownDad wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:49 pm Now we can turn our attention to the Assistants. Will he keep both of the current guys, keep one of the current guys, find new ones, or bring in his guys from HP?
Based on history, most new head coaches want to hire their own assistants.
It would be a disaster if he kept the current offensive coordinator at Brown. That guy might’ve been the worst offensive coach I’ve ever seen. Torpey will bring in his own guys!!
Logan Wisnauskas as OC?
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Magbride14 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:34 am Ok, so Torpey sounds like a terrific guy and a decent coach, but who has HPU beaten or upset over the years? Simon Connor at Nova has been a part of a huge # of upsets over the last 5 years, all I am sayin
Dude - we know you are a Nova fan. We also know you have been pumping up Simon Connor relentlessly. Are you his agent or his dad! 😂😂
Magbride14

Post by Magbride14 »

Hey there Brownlax, good luck with your boy Torpey, just remember I suggested that Brown could of had a better coach for less $, but good luck beating Dartmouth
baylax72

Post by baylax72 »

Those idiots in Hanover could have had him last year for even cheaper.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Magbride14 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:00 am All of u Torpey fans realize that the 2 best Brown lax coaches ever were Lars & Dom, and both played there, and Torpey did not, big difference and there is a saying, “what have u done lately” and Torpeys 2 biggest wins ever were 2019, even before COVID, also, u guys were probably big Amplo/Navy fans as well & the Nova guys coached circles around Amplo at Marquette & Navy, just sayin
I hated how permissive Amplo was at Marquette actually.

Alums as HCs is an anachronistic thing. It has killed more teams than helped. The difference isn’t that alums are better as you posit.

As long as someone close to Conor is on social media being foolish the odds of him getting an HC gig only decrease. Just sayin…

Literally in the brown thread talking down their new hire…if that’s how Simon Conor behaves no wonders he’s not sniffing an HC gig. That behavior is worse than what you’d get from John Svec.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

10stone5 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 12:12 pm
Then they tanked against St John's or they could have gotten an At Large, too bad.

Torpey gets credit also for getting Asher Nolting out of Colorado, and probably pulled from Tierney and the Pios (though he was originally an Air Force commit).
Woodall from UVA. Had a big lefty shooter a few years back earlier on who was straight filthy.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:50 pm

Woodall from UVA. Had a big lefty shooter a few years back earlier on who was straight filthy.
Was he committed to UVA? I know he did a year HPU, then went to Towson. Coached a coupe kids on the 15' Hawks team and do not remember the UVA connection.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 5:31 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:50 pm

Was he committed to UVA? I know he did a year HPU, then went to Towson. Coached a coupe kids on the 15' Hawks team and do not remember the UVA connection.
Thought they couldn’t jam him through was what I heard. I’m sure an excellent guy but was an AI buster type. In the era of early commit I don’t
Know if there was a binding one ever what I heard was it was how those things went as FR and Soph back then
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

What's going on with ACs? Let's stay on p1 by posting totes unsupported wild rumors about hires!
Pietromala to Brown w his kids for free meals at RI Italian restaurants includind Siena, Al Forno, Angelo's Civita Farnese, Mike's Kitchen, Pasquale's Pizza Napoletana.
Shameless plugs, not associated with any. (My personal faves not listed to preserve affordability)
IvyBrown

Post by IvyBrown »

Good question - anyone know the scoop re assistants - are any from Dalys staff staying? If not any background / opinions on who he is bringing with him?
Counselor

Post by Counselor »

Reunion weekend rumor is that 5 solid “srs” will be taking a final spring semester in 2025 including Witt, Locke, Sweeney, Sacks (?) and Bultman (?) - those and a strong sr. class should serve as a great foundation for the up-coming season….JT ‘s top assistant is succeeding him at HP but JT looks to bring as many of the remaining AC’s with him as he extolled the chemistry they developed at HP……he found their dialogues to be productive and essential …..guess it’s an outside possibility that Brown’s Def Coord
Svec might be in the mix depending on the decisions of the HP AC’s……tough careers to count on stability ….. zoom meeting with the players and JT went well……it is a new sheriff in town and the players and commits are all-in…..the goalie position appears to be wide open and will involve a critical fall competition…..see it as wide open and including the freshmen…..and I see Coach Daly’s championship legacy at Tufts continues ….
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Counselor wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:11 pm Reunion weekend rumor is that 5 solid “srs” will be taking a final spring semester in 2025 including Witt, Locke, Sweeney, Sacks (?) and Bultman (?) - those and a strong sr. class should serve as a great foundation for the up-coming season….JT ‘s top assistant is succeeding him at HP but JT looks to bring as many of the remaining AC’s with him as he extolled the chemistry they developed at HP……he found their dialogues to be productive and essential …..guess it’s an outside possibility that Brown’s Def Coord
Svec might be in the mix depending on the decisions of the HP AC’s……tough careers to count on stability ….. zoom meeting with the players and JT went well……it is a new sheriff in town and the players and commits are all-in…..the goalie position appears to be wide open and will involve a critical fall competition…..see it as wide open and including the freshmen…..and I see Coach Daly’s championship legacy at Tufts continues ….
You don’t want Svec I promise
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:27 pm
Counselor wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:11 pm Reunion weekend rumor is that 5 solid “srs” will be taking a final spring semester in 2025 including Witt, Locke, Sweeney, Sacks (?) and Bultman (?) - those and a strong sr. class should serve as a great foundation for the up-coming season….JT ‘s top assistant is succeeding him at HP but JT looks to bring as many of the remaining AC’s with him as he extolled the chemistry they developed at HP……he found their dialogues to be productive and essential …..guess it’s an outside possibility that Brown’s Def Coord
I wonder if he entertained hopes of succeeding Daly? By the numbers his D this year was the strongest unit (it's all relative on a 3-11 team 😯) and he was a HC, but obviously not happening. Would he want to be a holdover, & would Torpey want him...
I don't know his past history, but I know FFG isn't in his corner to put it mildly, and I recall a few others not fans either. Can't remember who though.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

bearlaxfan wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:06 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:27 pm
I wonder if he entertained hopes of succeeding Daly? By the numbers his D this year was the strongest unit (it's all relative on a 3-11 team 😯) and he was a HC, but obviously not happening. Would he want to be a holdover, & would Torpey want him...
I don't know his past history, but I know FFG isn't in his corner to put it mildly, and I recall a few others not fans either. Can't remember who though.
Ask TW johnson is he undermined him at every step in Geneva. Cancer.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”