2024 Tournaments

D2 Womens Lacrosse
Justoldlaxdad

2024 Tournaments

Post by Justoldlaxdad »

Any predictions on tournament? Any potential surprises?
mb2024

Re: 2024 Tournaments

Post by mb2024 »

Limestone should have gotten in as the 4 seed in the South... strength of schedule hurt them. The winner of the East is going to take it. Team to watch out for is Tampa, top heavy with transfers and last year players.
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

I agree East Regina will win it But who will it be Pace or Adelphi Florida souther squeaked by Flagler That team is so intriguing to me Transfer heavy so maybe let’s see next year how they fare
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

Looks like that question was answered Now what are we thinking?
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

I hope Lacrosse fans are going to watch the D2 contests today. The first game is at 3pm and it will be Adelphi (Perineal D2 contender) vs East Stroudsburg, who upset #2 West Chester, and feature the best Goalie in D2 in Abby Simonetti. She has a 62% Save Pct.
The second game will be University of Tampa vs Regis University (CO), which should be exciting to see two new teams in the Final Four.

BTW...Men's Lacrosse Finals (D1, D2, D3) all in Philadelphia, PA.
The Women's Finals are in the following locations...D1, Cary, NC....D2, Winter Park, Florida....D3, Salem, VA.
Bart

Post by Bart »

LarryGamLax wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:25 pm I hope Lacrosse fans are going to watch the D2 contests today. The first game is at 3pm and it will be Adelphi (Perineal D2 contender) vs East Stroudsburg, who upset #2 West Chester, and feature the best Goalie in D2 in Abby Simonetti. She has a 62% Save Pct.
The second game will be University of Tampa vs Regis University (CO), which should be exciting to see two new teams in the Final Four.

The Women's Finals are in the following locations...D1, Cary, NC....D2, Winter Park, Florida....D3, Salem, VA.
15 - 10 Adelphi. Adelphi looked good.
Bart

Post by Bart »

17-16 Tampa. Fun game to watch.
Calvinlax22

Post by Calvinlax22 »

LarryGamLax wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:25 pm I hope Lacrosse fans are going to watch the D2 contests today. The first game is at 3pm and it will be Adelphi (Perineal D2 contender) vs East Stroudsburg, who upset #2 West Chester, and feature the best Goalie in D2 in Abby Simonetti. She has a 62% Save Pct.

Both semifinal games were great!
While I agree it would be great to have all divisions at the same place, the D2 festival (every 4 years) is truly special. This is the first time they are having it since 2016 since it was cancelled in 2020 for Covid.

Predictions for the final? I am going with Tampa.
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

Can someone explain why on earth the ncaa would schedule a championship game at noon in Orlando Forecast is 95 degrees That’s dangerous
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Calvinlax22 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:11 pm

While I agree it would be great to have all divisions at the same place, the D2 festival (every 4 years) is truly special. This is the first time they are having it since 2016 since it was cancelled in 2020 for Covid.

The D2 Festival is a terrific event, but Men's Lacrosse is NOT a part of it because they are part of the Men's Lacrosse Showcase(D1, D2, D3) that happens every Memorial Day weekend. There should be no reason for the D2 women and the D3 women to not be in Cary, NC.

Tampa is good, but I have to go with Adelphi.
Bart

Post by Bart »

LarryGamLax wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 11:20 am
Calvinlax22 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:11 pm

The D2 Festival is a terrific event, but Men's Lacrosse is NOT a part of it because they are part of the Men's Lacrosse Showcase(D1, D2, D3) that happens every Memorial Day weekend. There should be no reason for the D2 women and the D3 women to not be in Cary, NC.

Tampa is good, but I have to go with Adelphi.
13-8 Tampa. Long scoring drought doomed Adelphi. Tampa was just better today. Congratulations on their first.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

ABSOLUTELY DOMINANT GAME by the University of Tampa in the D2 Final. They controlled the game from start to finish in just about every category.
Congratulations to the 2024 D2 National Champions, the University of Tampa Spartans.

TAMPA 13 , ADELPHI 8
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

Tampa had a clear advantage with the heat Adelphi won the draw but couldn’t get anything going Was finding a groove in the 4th a little too late Game should’ve been played a lot later in the day

Return to “D2 WOMENS LACROSSE”