Semifinal One -- Florida v. NU

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Seacoaster(1)

Semifinal One -- Florida v. NU

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Thought I'd make thread for these two games.

Semi No. 1: unseeded Florida against the prohibitive (my view) favorite. I was impressed with Florida against Maryland, but this is a different mountain to climb. Better defense than Maryland; exponentially better offense than Maryland. 18-11?
Justalaxdad

Re: Semifinal One -- Florida v. NU

Post by Justalaxdad »

I'm going with the upset here. Florida 12-10

Florida is big, physical and fast all over the field. If they can give Izzy and Erin a not so easy time with clear paths to the goal, they can hang around.
The only drawback to this game will be the incessant flopping from both teams.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Says which??

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Oh my goodness--not to start a spite bout or anything but you are boxed out of your mind if you think any of what you predict will come to pass this Friday. Northwestern is in their postseason locomotive-barreling-down-the-track mode. Florida's "Natty" this year was making the Final Four by upending Maryland on their home field hockey turf. I don't care how much film they watch--the Gator's have no stinky idea of what awaits them.

NU easily by 5-ish.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Justalaxdad wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:52 am I'm going with the upset here. Florida 12-10

Florida is big, physical and fast all over the field. If they can give Izzy and Erin a not so easy time with clear paths to the goal, they can hang around.
The only drawback to this game will be the incessant flopping from both teams.
Your lips to God’s ears. Please.
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

I think Florida will keep it uncomfortably close for a bit, but they haven't been tested over the course of their season the way the Wildcats have been, so ultimately the moment will be too much for the Gators.

Or maybe it will be a NU blowout, which would surprise no one.
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:12 am Thought I'd make thread for these two games.

Semi No. 1: unseeded Florida against the prohibitive (my view) favorite. I was impressed with Florida against Maryland, but this is a different mountain to climb. Better defense than Maryland; exponentially better offense than Maryland. 18-11?
Sounds about right. Florida will keep it close for a quarter may be a half before NU pulls away. 8-)
laxdadpat

Post by laxdadpat »

Both teams race down the field in transition. I think NU can get sloppy in transition and it will happen against Florida. Florida will be +8 or more on the draw and can play make it take it better than any team in the country. Florida will put the pressure on Northwestern. I'm thinking(hoping) Florida wins by 1 or 2, but hard to not think both teams score above 15 goals apiece. get out the popcorn, this may be the most entertaining game of the weekend.
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

laxdadpat wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:00 am Both teams race down the field in transition. I think NU can get sloppy in transition and it will happen against Florida. Florida will be +8 or more on the draw and can play make it take it better than any team in the country. Florida will put the pressure on Northwestern. I'm thinking(hoping) Florida wins by 1 or 2, but hard to not think both teams score above 15 goals apiece. get out the popcorn, this may be the most entertaining game of the weekend.
Love this^^ Weather favors Florida--gonna be HOT. If the Gators play loose and keep it close, as the game wears on fatigue could be a factor. Hoping they beat each other up for 60 minutes and then go to 3 OTs. ;)
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

GratefulRed wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:36 am
laxdadpat wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:00 am Both teams race down the field in transition. I think NU can get sloppy in transition and it will happen against Florida. Florida will be +8 or more on the draw and can play make it take it better than any team in the country. Florida will put the pressure on Northwestern. I'm thinking(hoping) Florida wins by 1 or 2, but hard to not think both teams score above 15 goals apiece. get out the popcorn, this may be the most entertaining game of the weekend.
Love this^^ Weather favors Florida--gonna be HOT. If the Gators play loose and keep it close, as the game wears on fatigue could be a factor. Hoping they beat each other up for 60 minutes and then go to 3 OTs. ;)
This is my fall back; short of the upset, please exhaust the winner. Don't hydrate.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Ten-day forecast calling for mostly cloudy skies in the mid-80s with variable winds at this point. Doesn't sound like that serious of a weather game--especially if the sun is obscured by clouds.
OuttaNowhereWregget

All the top teams Florida defeated this year were either having a bad year by their standards (JMU, Maryland), decimated by injuries (North Carolina), or just weren't that great a team in the end (Princeton, Virginia). They haven't played a close game in months and they certainly haven't played anyone remotely close to Northwestern. It will be a rude awakening for the Gators in much the same way it was for Denver last year.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:48 pm All the top teams Florida defeated this year were either having a bad year by their standards (JMU, Maryland), decimated by injuries (North Carolina), or just weren't that great a team in the end (Princeton, Virginia). They haven't played a close game in months and they certainly haven't played anyone remotely close to Northwestern. It will be a rude awakening for the Gators in much the same way it was for Denver last year.
Is there any team that you think is good? Good grief man
OuttaNowhereWregget

user1020 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:09 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:48 pm All the top teams Florida defeated this year were either having a bad year by their standards (JMU, Maryland), decimated by injuries (North Carolina), or just weren't that great a team in the end (Princeton, Virginia). They haven't played a close game in months and they certainly haven't played anyone remotely close to Northwestern. It will be a rude awakening for the Gators in much the same way it was for Denver last year.
Is there any team that you think is good? Good grief man
Plenty of good ones, just a few great ones.
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

I love this Florida run but I feel like they haven’t faced a really powerful offense like Northwestern has. I think they put up a fight, close game for most of the game but at the end Northwestern goes on a run to win by 3-4.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Gotta keep your eyes on Emily Heller, she's a pretty good scorer.
Really have no idea whether or not Florida can hang with the
dynamics of Northwestern. Have seen little of the Gators but
what I've seen left me with the impression they're pretty good.
Good enough to outdo them Wildcats.....not thinkin' so.
laxdadpat

Post by laxdadpat »

I like Florida because their offense is different from others in lacrosse. Maggi Hall attacking from the low side left is just not utilized enough in women's lacrosse, of course you need a good lefty attack. Both low sides are soft spots that can really collapse a defense and create passing lanes for offenses, I just don't see it enough in the game today.
It's probably why I like Cuse because they play from X more than other teams. The offense should use the whole field, not just trying to run down the center of the field(looking at you Tar Heel fans).
forthelaxofit

Post by forthelaxofit »

I feel I am on an island with Florida. Maybe Northwestern offense will be too much - no arguing the talent. But if there is a defense out there as physical as Northwestern's, it might be Florida. On the other side of ball, Florida may not have the skill of Northwestern big 3, but they have speed to burn. I expect this to be a hard fought, psychical game. Refs will be important in this game. If they let them play, I think Florida will have a shot. If Taylor gets the call every time she hits the ground, then Northwestern will have huge FP edge. I am taking the points and hoping for the upset.
DMac

Post by DMac »

What, a 76% FPS shooter????
Yup, as it should be. Gators
came to play so far.
SocalGeoff

Post by SocalGeoff »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:12 am Thought I'd make thread for these two games.

Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

DMac wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 3:22 pm What, a 76% FPS shooter????
Yup, as it should be. Gators
came to play so far.
What’s the over under on Madison Taylor falls I’m going with 8.
2 already .

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”