Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Orange Duce

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 1:42 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 1:37 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 12:52 pm
dislaxxic wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 12:18 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 11:52 am
njbill wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 11:25 am Yawn. The capo skimmed a little from mob boss. This was all brought out on direct examination a week ago.
Sure, but how do 12 trust anything he says has merit. Hell, Cohen and Stormy could have been banging and set trump up to fleece him :lol:
Rooting for an acquittal, YA? You believe he didn't do it...?...or...it's just not something worth being prosecuted for?

You think the J6 issue is worth him being prosecuted for? The Documents case? Is he innocent all around??

Trying to understand where you're coming from here...

Being pragmatic, you and seacoaster should try it. I want him in jail and to go away.
So, which sets of indicted charges do you currently think he should be found guilty of doing?
You needn't parse each charge, just the sets. If any of the felony charges in a set should be found 'guilty' that's a guilty set.

4 main sets to date.

New York State election fraud coverup of hush money
Florida Federal documents and coverup
DC Federal Jan 6 and related fraud against US government
Georgia State RICO conspiracy to defraud re election

Any? Which? All 4?

Based on what you think you know so far, as indicted.

Obviously if there was substantial new information that could change your mind, that's another matter...but as of now?

I'm in the all 4 camp, though I think the current trial is likely to be a hung jury.
I think he walks in all four and not because I want him. It is a rarity that people of this stature ever get in 'real' trouble, not to mention they prejudice of how so many view his being treated...I could see every jury being hung just out of general principle. It's they very reason why I've argued they (those bringing the charges) better have a rock solid case, otherwise they just empowered him even more.
But they ARE rock solid, or do you not think so?

Seems to me the documents case is slam dunk, but has a wildly inexperienced judge, so that's a factor.

Seems to me the other election cases hinge on establishing conspiracies, which sure as heck look super well established. Judges are solid.

And this looks slam dunk as well. Judge is solid.

Only chance of hung, to me, is how a large part of our country sees this through a partisan lens and it takes only one such in each to get to a hung jury i
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 1:51 pm
njbill wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 11:25 am Yawn. The capo skimmed a little from mob boss. This was all brought out on direct examination a week ago.
Sure, but how do 12 trust anything he says has merit. Hell, Cohen and Stormy could have been banging and set trump up to fleece him :lol:
Rooting for an acquittal, YA? You believe he didn't do it...?...or...it's just not something worth being prosecuted for?

You think the J6 issue is worth him being prosecuted for? The Documents case? Is he innocent all around??

Being pragmatic, you and seacoaster should try it. I want him in jail and to go away.
So, which sets of indicted charges do you currently think he should be found guilty of doing?
You needn't parse each charge, just the sets. If any of the felony charges in a set should be found 'guilty' that's a guilty set.

4 main sets to date.

Any? Which? All 4?

Obviously if there was substantial new information that could change your mind, that's another matter...but as of now?

I'm in the all 4 camp, though I think the current trial is likely to be a hung jury.
I think he walks in all four and not because I want him. It is a rarity that people of this stature ever get in 'real' trouble, not to mention they prejudice of how so many view his being treated...I could see every jury being hung just out of general principle. It's they very reason why I've argued they (those bringing the charges) better have a rock solid case, otherwise they just empowered him even more.

Seems to me the documents case is slam dunk, but has a wildly inexperienced judge, so that's a factor.

Seems to me the other election cases hinge on establishing conspiracies, which sure as heck look super well established. Judges are solid.

Only chance of hung, to me, is how a large part of our country sees this through a partisan lens and it takes only one such in each to get to a hung jury i
THe latter is my what I was saying earlier....and you see as a possibility as well.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 1:56 pm

4 main sets to date.

Any? Which? All 4?

THe latter is my what I was saying earlier....and you see as a possibility as well.
yes I do. Which is a horrendous prospect, IMO, as it so badly undermines our notion that we are a country of laws.

But that wasn't my question. See bold.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:01 pm

4 main sets to date.

Any? Which? All 4?

yes I do. Which is a horrendous prospect, IMO, as it so badly undermines our notion that we are a country of laws.

Frankly....I do not know; I will certainly defer to you, as you invested more time reading the indictments. As I stated on here a couple weeks ago, I am not following as closely; just getting the snips on local news at night and social media feeds. I just find that it is going to be extremely challenging to not have a hung jury at every turn.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

One d-bag gargling another…

“Behind the scenes, a nasty battle has played out between the Snyder-backed company Kinematics and the filmmakers over the creative direction of the film. “The Apprentice,” directed by Ali Abbasi, covers Trump’s early years when he was mentored by political fixer Roy Cohn (Jeremy Strong) and his marriage to his first wife, Ivana (Maria Bakalova).

Sources say Snyder, a friend of Trump’s who donated $1.1. million to his inaugural committee and Trump Victory in 2016 and $100,000 to his 2020 presidential campaign, put money into the film via Kinematics because he was under the impression that it was a flattering portrayal of the 45th president. Snyder finally saw a cut of the film in February and was said to be furious. Kinematics’ lawyers were enlisted to fight the release of “The Apprentice,” and the cease-and-desist letters began flying. Kinematics president Emanuel Nuñez insists that the creative impasse between his company and the filmmakers didn’t involve Snyder. “All creative and business decisions involving ‘The Apprentice’ have always been and continue to be solely made by Kinematics. Mark and I run our company without the involvement of any other third parties.”

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/dona ... 10060/amp/
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:13 pm

4 main sets to date.

Any? Which? All 4?

Frankly....I do not know; I will certainly defer to you, as you invested more time reading the indictments. As I stated on here a couple weeks ago, I am not following as closely; just getting the snips on local news at night and social media feeds. I just find that it is going to be extremely challenging to not have a hung jury at every turn.
👍
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:20 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:13 pm

4 main sets to date.

Any? Which? All 4?

👍
See my point? 😢

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6ynylOM ... VweTJubm1x
~Livy
ggait

Post by ggait »

This little incident is dripping with irony.

First, the underlying services were so that a tech company would rig a poll to inflate Trump’s position in a survey of influential businessmen. So sleazy sketchy at the outset. Like so many things Trump.

Second, then Trump, as is his custom, decides he isn't going to pay the vendor for the work already performed. So basically theft by Trump. Dine and dash.

So then third, Cohen (bonus cut, not yet repaid for the Stormy payment, and basically being voted off the Trump island) decides to pull a fast one to get paid a little extra.

There's just no honor among thieves anymore. Sad.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Trump knew that those specific bookkeeping entries, in detail, were being done in a manner that would evade Federal & NY election laws ?
...beyond a reasonable doubt ? ...Trump's failure to wear a condom with Stormy proves it.
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

No condom with SD is type of detail Trump didn’t want shared in aftermath of locker room talk video. He paid double the actual hush money payment negotiated with her so that he’d have plausible deniability among smarty pants like you.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

OJ was innocent
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:07 am Trump knew that those specific bookkeeping entries, in detail, were being done in a manner that would evade Federal & NY election laws ?
...beyond a reasonable doubt ? ...Trump's failure to wear a condom with Stormy proves it.
Yes, the documents are very clear that the deception was intentional. The testimony from Pecker and others make clear as to why the deception was so important to Trump.

The jury may be hung, but yes, Trump did know that what he was doing was sleazy and deceptive and he knew a big part of why he was doing it, perhaps the only reason, was to avoid the American public from knowing...especially prior to voting.

Did he know the specific statutes he was violating? Irrelevant.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Preventing the public from knowing something is not necessarily a violation of campaign election law.

The prosecution must prove intent to violate election law, not intent to withhold information from the public.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Failure to report the payment to the FEC is pretty compelling evidence of an intent to violate. Maybe “compelling” is not the right word. Perhaps “conclusive” is better.
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

Free SBK. GMAFB.
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

old salt wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:26 am Preventing the public from knowing something is not necessarily a violation of campaign election law.

The prosecution must prove intent to violate election law, not intent to withhold information from the public.
Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

:lol:

With this NY case, Prosecutors must prove Trump intended to commit or conceal one of the other crimes, campaign finance or tax violation, not that he committed them.
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

Rudy now pitching his own brand of coffee!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SZTYq2OurY

Maybe he should send some to 2xIMPOTUS o d during the NY trial, to help keep that old man awake.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnIYQafyR60

Trump’s DISTURBING Video DELETED After BACKLASH - Adam Mockler with Meidas Touch breaks down a recent post made by Donald Trump in which he promises a "unified reich" if he gets a second term. He deleted the video after leaving it up for almost 24 hours.

That's what MAGA is all about.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

8 years old and even more accurate today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg0pO9VG1J8

Voters For Trump Ad - SNL
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:56 am OJ was innocent
Jason Simpson did it! Only Robert Kardashian truly knows...

Joe

Return to “POLITICS”