Duke v UVa

D1 Mens Lacrosse
rasheed

Duke v UVa

Post by rasheed »

Duke has owned the Hoos for yrs. Who wins tmrw?
youthathletics

Re: Duke v UVa

Post by youthathletics »

Got Duke in the finals. Gonna be a fun game.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
molo

Post by molo »

History says Duke wins because they have been doing so for so long. Based on recent performance, excepting of course the only UVA loss this spring, UVA should be a slight favorite. The two exceptional Duke defensemen will make UVA need to score in transition and get points from middies I’m settled offense. Dino called out his team for lack of leadership, but their offense is more than just Montgomery and Smith. Veteran middies like Seau, Quigley, Walsh and Lowrie along with youngsters like 5 and 50 give them enough punch that they should be able to put up points no matter how much of a toll the heat takes. OT?
Homewood15

Post by Homewood15 »

Never underestimate the ability of Coach Danowski to prepare his team for championship weekend. Duke has experience on their side while UVA has their strongest squad in recent memory. Should be a great game.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

To me the keys will be how UVA defense approaches the Duke settled Offense. I would imagine the Danowski Crew have drawn up a handful of grinding offensive sets that attack the 2nd, and even 3rd slides, until they get clean looks. This slows UVA's loves of transition and wears down the UVA D. UVA goalie(s) may very well be the MVP....will be interesting to see if their goalie mixes all season prove valuable today.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
reLAX

Post by reLAX »

rasheed wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:33 pm Duke has owned the Hoos for yrs. Who wins tmrw?
Any idea who the refs will be?
Sting The Corner

Post by Sting The Corner »

Refs not making much of an appearance today. A lot of junk from both squads going uncalled.
laxalife

Post by laxalife »

Embarrassing performance by the LInc people. Intros couldn’t get the players’ pictures up, on field shot clocks not working, and, my favorite, announcer calling a “power play goal” ( to which fans behind me responded “ go Blues”). Oh well
DMac

Post by DMac »

Hope Lars brought some smelling salts for his boys, sure needs something to wake them up and get 'em moving a little bit. Better bring a whole lot more energy to the field than they did in the first half or it's going to be a long afternoon for them. Far from the most exciting semi finals lacrosse I've ever seen, the girl's games offered a whole lot more.....faster and much more intensity. Gotta up your game, fellas.
reLAX

Post by reLAX »

DMac wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 1:11 pm Hope Lars brought some smelling salts for his boys, sure needs something to wake them up and get 'em moving a little bit. Better bring a whole lot more energy to the field than they did in the first half or it's going to be a long afternoon for them. Far from the most exciting semi finals lacrosse I've ever seen, the girl's games offered a whole lot more.....faster and much more intensity. Gotta up your game, fellas.
Shouldn’t have been there anyway. Not final four caliber
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Neither of these teams look complete enough to win a title.

The other side of the bracket has 2 teams that are complete at every level.
DaneFan

Post by DaneFan »

Agree - for all the top of Duke's defense their ball watching and off ball defense is atrocious.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Let's be honest....

The refs from the Maryland-UVA game would have called that mom goal as a real goal.
primitiveskills

Post by primitiveskills »

UVa going full Knoblauch on shooting at the end of this one
primitiveskills

Post by primitiveskills »

Great game. Congrats Cavs.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Matt Moore :!: :!:
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Yale or Penn State is going to blowtorch UVA. TBF, either would probably have blowtorched Duke, too.

This was a not a high quality game we just saw.
rasheed

Post by rasheed »

ha - you're nuts - that was an awesome game!!
smoova

Post by smoova »

reLAX wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 1:14 pm
DMac wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 1:11 pm Hope Lars brought some smelling salts for his boys, sure needs something to wake them up and get 'em moving a little bit. Better bring a whole lot more energy to the field than they did in the first half or it's going to be a long afternoon for them. Far from the most exciting semi finals lacrosse I've ever seen, the girl's games offered a whole lot more.....faster and much more intensity. Gotta up your game, fellas.
Shouldn’t have been there anyway. Not final four caliber
Heh
DaneFan

Post by DaneFan »

and Duke loses on their off ball defense.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”