NCAA Tournament 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Laxattackjack

Re: NCAA Tournament 2024

Post by Laxattackjack »

HockeyLaxGolf42 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:56 am
The12lov3 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 10:32 pm
JumboFan4 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 10:26 pm For what it's worth, I think all of the D'Annolfo haters need to give him some credit for taking a very young roster to the final four with a very good chance of going back to championship weekend.
Agree - Everyone was giving then a hard time because of their loss to Hamilton but he was able to get them to refocus snd they have blown teams out since that lose. Sometime a loss can make you hungry and the boys from boston are hungry.

Good Luck to the rest of the teams still playing. Whoever wins it deserves it.
This might be one of the easiest routes to the final four I’ve seen. Couple of upsets bailing the jumbos out
100% agree

faced illinois wes. not ranked
faced stevenson. not ranked
will face w&L. lost to unranked stevenson
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

W&Lacrosse75 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:21 am Quick turnaround for Tufts as well. But since I am not the lacrosse God, I won’t attempt to predict anything.
"the lacrosse God"...wait there is only one? I thought there were multiple lax gods across this universe ? I am glad I am not one of those.....but I did stay at a holiday inn Express last night 8-)

RIT v Bowdoin = coin flip? Say it isn't so!
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

Laxattackjack wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:24 am
JumboFan4 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 10:26 pm For what it's worth, I think all of the D'Annolfo haters need to give him some credit for taking a very young roster to the final four with a very good chance of going back to championship weekend.
Agree - Everyone was giving then a hard time because of their loss to Hamilton but he was able to get them to refocus snd they have blown teams out since that lose. Sometime a loss can make you hungry and the boys from boston are hungry.

This might be one of the easiest routes to the final four I’ve seen. Couple of upsets bailing the jumbos out
100% agree

Guys - first off who Tufts plays in the tournament is out of their control. Upsets happen all the time. SJF DESERVED to be there and weather it was easy or not, does not matter, Tufts is in the final four and Wes, Salisbury, Union, SLU, RPI are not. You don't know if Tufts would have been there or not if they played SLU or Wes. Most likely they would be. Tufts is a very strong team.

None of it is easy - just ask Salisbury, RPI, and SLU. ALL UPSET and OUT now.

RIT had the easiest path to the final four from a bracket standpoint but who wins or losses is out of their control as well. Happen that there were not too many upsets in that brackets. Just and FYI - Tufts handled Babson and destroyed CNU (The game was over at half).
JumboDeano20

Post by JumboDeano20 »

100% agree

What is Tufts supposed to do? If anything, they easily could have overlooked both Stevenson or St. John Fisher in anticipation for later games in the tournament? Also, if W&L can beat Salisbury then obviously, they're very good and playing great lacrosse at a great time. On paper, I get what you're saying about an "easy path" but when you're one of the best teams in the country, you already should have an easier path due to your strength of schedule and success during the year. They earned that, plus some unexpected upsets, and here we are. Tonight's game should be a good one though. Best time of the year.
nelaxman

Post by nelaxman »

This Tufts Championship run could be the easiest path ever. It's hard to believe they went through the first three games without facing a ranked team. That seems almost unheard of for a team with a Pool C bid. That said, I think they will dominate W&L tonight.

It seems like Washington and Lee might have a different mentality than St. John Fisher did coming into this weekend. St. John Fisher was just happy to be there and playing with house money. It’s a horrible way to approach a playoff game with a mindset of "whatever happens, happens." At this point in the season, you better have the mindset that you can win games, not just try and survive until the end.

The lacrosse gods are with Tufts. They got knocked out of the NESCAC playoffs early on, giving them two weeks of rest before the NCAA tournament.

My prediction: Tufts will be playing RIT next week!
ah23

Post by ah23 »

The thirst to keep a dumb narrative alive never ceases to amaze.
JumboDeano20

Post by JumboDeano20 »

nelaxman wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 9:54 am This Tufts Championship run could be the easiest path ever. It's hard to believe they went through the first three games without facing a ranked team. That seems almost unheard of for a team with a Pool C bid. That said, I think they will dominate W&L tonight.

It seems like Washington and Lee might have a different mentality than St. John Fisher did coming into this weekend. St. John Fisher was just happy to be there and playing with house money. It’s a horrible way to approach a playoff game with a mindset of "whatever happens, happens." At this point in the season, you better have the mindset that you can win games, not just try and survive until the end.

The lacrosse gods are with Tufts. They got knocked out of the NESCAC playoffs early on, giving them two weeks of rest before the NCAA tournament.

My prediction: Tufts will be playing RIT next week!
I don't disagree with the prediction, but I'd be surprised with a domination...I guess it goes to say what you determine as dominate. I'd be surprised if the final spread is more than five goals. Having watched both teams this season, I feel like they are somewhat similar in the ways they do some things.

I think W&L's ability to stop huge runs with the face-off man, could make it hard for Tufts to go on those soul crushing 9-0 runs. The one thing though that Tufts does well is manage personnel, and the expectation that the next guy up can make a play. It's been fun to watch the evolution of some of their young defenders...Clarke, Rutherford has gotten more run, Lee has been good. Also, getting an All-American in Ayers back too has been massive, he does so much for that team.

I do know that both coaching staffs, with the extra time to prepare during the day, will have both squads ready to play.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

nelaxman wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 9:54 am It seems like Washington and Lee might have a different mentality than St. John Fisher did coming into this weekend. St. John Fisher was just happy to be there and playing with house money. It’s a horrible way to approach a playoff game with a mindset of "whatever happens, happens."
What’s the basis for this? I have no insight to the team at all, but in previous years when I’ve seen them in the tourney that has been the opposite of the attitude they bring, even as underdogs (and especially against Tufts).
Dlaxva5

Post by Dlaxva5 »

The12lov3 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 9:45 am

100% agree

RIT had the easiest path to the final four from a bracket standpoint but who wins or losses is out of their control as well. Happen that there were not too many upsets in that brackets. Just and FYI - Tufts handled Babson and destroyed CNU (The game was over at half).
Compared to who? Like 11th grade math please show your work on this one.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

Dlaxva5 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:21 am

100% agree

Compared to who? Like 11th grade math please show your work on this one.
My opinion was that RIT bracket was the easiest so no math involved. I think WES and SLU are much better than Stevens, CNU, and Babson. While good programs and very respectable, Tufts blew out 2 of those three teams and they beat babson by a respectable margin.
Dlaxva5

Post by Dlaxva5 »

The12lov3 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:57 am
Easiest Path???? Compared to who? At what point? The potential bracket? Or who they actually played? Like 11th grade math please show your work on this one.
My opinion was that RIT bracket was the easiest so no math involved. I think WES and SLU are much better than Stevens, CNU, and Babson. While good programs and very respectable, Tufts blew out 2 of those three teams and they beat babson by a respectable margin.
HockeyLaxGolf42

Post by HockeyLaxGolf42 »

Dlaxva5 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 11:00 am
The12lov3 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:57 am
Easiest Path???? Compared to who? At what point? The potential bracket? Or who they actually played? Like 11th grade math please show your work on this one.
Tufts beat the mighty Illinois Wesleyan, SJF, and Stevenson. That does not even compare to the quality of RIT having to play CNU and a sneaky good babson team who had some good wins. Bracket definitely fell the jumbos way
nelaxman

Post by nelaxman »

Bowdoin got beat up by RIT. Bowdoin had a nice run over last few seasons but they graduate a lot of great players and will need to rebuild with some very good player graduating. #14 Lach Will have to step up he had a really tough day today and couldn’t hit the cage. Lots of junk talking and a few bad penalties from him, but not a lot of production.

Kudos to RIT—they are a very well-organized team and make you pay for every little mistake on defense.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Anyone know why this game is starting so late? 7:30 on a Sunday? Don’t know that I remember a tourney game starting this late
D3LaxFan2

Post by D3LaxFan2 »

Pretty sure Salisbury also hosted women's lacrosse this weekend, so they spaced the games out and had the men's games in the later afternoon and evening. Today's game would be as late as possible to give them more time to rest and recover.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

The women’s team also hosted, they beat W&L to get to the Final Four. Definitely prefer the WLAX tourney model of having the semis and championship on the same weekend, having the quarters and semis on back-to-back days doesn’t really give the tournament any time to breathe.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

And here goes Tufts, you have to score constantly to keep up. W&L losing FO battle, going to be very tough to keep up here
Low2high22

Post by Low2high22 »

Regnery is too good to just be a sophomore
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Awesome lacrosse game through three quarters, couldn't ask much more of these two teams.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Low2high22 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:25 pm Regnery is too good to just be a sophomore
Regnery is ridiculous.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”