Johns Hopkins 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
jhu06

Re: Johns Hopkins 2024

Post by jhu06 »

Letting UVA hang around like they did michigan. Some brutal turnovers from mcdermott and ierlan off good defensive possessions. Finish them.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

In the second OT, Peter Milliman refused to coach.

His O was gassed. They weren’t making any headway.

And yet no timeout called.

I have had it with Peter Milliman.

He has never won a championship at any level. I doubt he ever will.

This was the year.

He blew it.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:44 pm In the second OT, Peter Milliman refused to coach.

This was the year.

He blew it.

DocBarrister
There was no way in hell this team was going to win the championship this year. Unless both Kavanaughs got injured pregame. Good game, but as usual offense goes to sleep at times.
Finster

Post by Finster »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:44 pm In the second OT, Peter Milliman refused to coach.

This was the year.

He blew it.

DocBarrister

You’ve got a great recruiting class coming in. Chill.
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

Finster wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:46 pm

This was the year.

He blew it.

DocBarrister

You’ve got a great recruiting class coming in. Chill.
Incoming class looks pretty meh to be honest. No five star difference makers. Only a singular top 100 recruit.
Last edited by norcalhop on Sun May 19, 2024 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Found out the other day that a lot of regular posters here I respect (Hopkins fans) have DocB on ignore. Going to do the same today. Represents the absolute worst of the Hopkins fandom.

Proud of the effort today. The Jays were utterly jobbed on that crease goal. Terrible to go out like that. Why do you have replay? What's the point? Everyone watching at home and in the stadium knew his foot was on the line.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Congrats on a great year. I know this one stings but Jays really impressed. I thought Virginia might roll them when the score was tied at 7-7 but they hung in there and were about a play away from Memorial Day weekend. A couple too many failed clears; missed time-out by PM; missed crease call by the refs; missed cross-check on Kastner; weird slow-down by Hop on UVA failed clear late in 1st OT . . . the ball just didn't bounce their way in the last 15 minutes of game play.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

norcalhop wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:45 pm

This was the year.

He blew it.

DocBarrister
There was no way in hell this team was going to win the championship this year. Unless both Kavanaughs got injured pregame. Good game, but as usual offense goes to sleep at times.
This team could have won it all. Leading 10-7 in the 4th quarter against Virginia?

ND is not unbeatable. Maryland was very beatable if Hopkins could push through.

Milliman is not the guy. He will never be the guy.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

Who do you cheer for now? I guess Maryland or Denver.
DougELax

Post by DougELax »

Thanks to all leaving the program this year. Provided a lot of fun this year. Needed to clear better today.
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:49 pm

This was the year.

He blew it.

DocBarrister
This team could have won it all. Leading 10-7 in the 4th quarter against Virginia?

DocBarrister
10-7 against their backup goalie. You have to put up more goals. Inexcusable.
DukeSilver410

Post by DukeSilver410 »

Think they got the replay right. It was inconclusive so call on the field stood. More disappointed in the offense not scoring in the 4th and OT. Not going to get worked up on potentially missed replays with an offensive performance like that down the stretch.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:48 pm Found out the other day that a lot of regular posters here I respect (Hopkins fans) have DocB on ignore. Going to do the same today. Represents the absolute worst of the Hopkins fandom.

Proud of the effort today. The Jays were utterly jobbed on that crease goal. Terrible to go out like that. Why do you have replay? What's the point? Everyone watching at home and in the stadium knew his foot was on the line.
That’s fine. I was actually right about what the Blue Jays needed to do to win this game. QK and other media professionals agreed. You don’t even understand what dodging is supposed to accomplish.

Players gave their all in this game, especially Chayse Ierlan.

Coaches blew this one. Don’t understand why PM was so reluctant to call timeouts.

Blue Jays will be a good team next year, but they will need to completely rebuild.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
coda

Post by coda »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:58 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:48 pm Found out the other day that a lot of regular posters here I respect (Hopkins fans) have DocB on ignore. Going to do the same today. Represents the absolute worst of the Hopkins fandom.

That’s fine. I was actually right about what the Blue Jays needed to do to win this game. QK and other media professionals agreed. You don’t even understand what dodging is supposed to accomplish.

Coaches blew this one. Don’t understand why PM was so reluctant to call timeouts.

Blue Jays will be a good team next year, but they will need to completely rebuild.

DocBarrister
I think this one is squarely on the players. You can not turn the ball over like that. The real shame is Hopkins is wasted one of the best defensive efforts I have seen in a long time
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

norcalhop wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:51 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:49 pm

This was the year.

He blew it.

DocBarrister

DocBarrister
10-7 against their backup goalie. You have to put up more goals. Inexcusable.
Just 1 goal, 1 assist from Collison, Grimes, and Peshko.

Crawley and PM needed to build the game plan around their big middies. They obviously didn’t.

Ierlan made this game much closer than it should have been. Virginia should have had at least 13-14 goals.

The attack was never going to get Hopkins enough goals.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
BigTom5

Post by BigTom5 »

This was the year.

He blew it.

DocBarrister
Never won a championship? He’s never made a final four! He wasted three years of Jeff Teat at Cornell, and now wasted a Hop roster loaded with seniors and grad students with 3-4 years of starting experience. It’s back to the drawing board.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

coda wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 6:01 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:58 pm

DocBarrister
I think this one is squarely on the players. You can not turn the ball over like that. The real shame is Hopkins is wasted one of the best defensive efforts I have seen in a long time
Coaches did not have them prepared for the ride and failed to adjust midgame against the ride.

Nine failed clears is definitely something the players share responsibility for … but when a team gets so flustered by an aspect of the game that Virginia has played for years, that’s on the coaches.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Hoponboard

Post by Hoponboard »

I also put Doc on ignore.

Melendez and Chayse came up big.

Will miss Degnon, Angelus, Jaronski, Peshko and the other seniors and grad students who gave us great memories.

Jays had their chances in the 1st OT.

Team was resilient down the stretch when so many things went wrong. Loved the fight that Hop showed.

Look forward to Fall Ball.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

DougELax wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:50 pm Thanks to all leaving the program this year. Provided a lot of fun this year. Needed to clear better today.
We had a great group of senior and grad leaders. Will definitely miss this crew.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

BigTom5 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 6:09 pm

This was the year.

He blew it.

DocBarrister
Never won a championship? He’s never made a final four! He wasted three years of Jeff Teat at Cornell, and now wasted a Hop roster loaded with seniors and grad students with 3-4 years of starting experience. It’s back to the drawing board.

LOL DocB on a rant about the Hop coach saying this was the year to win a title. Yea guess you forgot about ND. lol delusional poster.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”