Navy 2025

D1 Mens Lacrosse
youthathletics

Re: Navy 2025

Post by youthathletics »

My guess.....Towson.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
lorin

Post by lorin »

DongDenMt wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:27 am Hernandez has left USNA with his love of the Navy Marine Corps USNA Amplo and the Team fully intact. He absolutely loved playing for Joe and loved his team mates.

He was physically fit and was not dealing with any honor issues this past season while he worked with the scout team ,

It is what it is

On a side note where ever he does end up going to school he will never be taking calc
didn't need the side note
DongDenMt

Post by DongDenMt »

The side note is what explains it all.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Any word on who Amplo is looking at for OC? I still think it may be Coach Stimmel, who was Amplo's assistant at Marquette and who did quite well as Yale's OC.
Last edited by gymman1031 on Fri May 17, 2024 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abr2016

Post by Abr2016 »

gymman1031 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:03 pm Any word on who Amplo is looking at for OC. I still think it may be Coach Stimmel, who was Amplo's assistant at Marquette and who did quite well as Yale's OC.
Rumor is that some people have already said no
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

laxfanatic wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:08 am Im sure he wpnt have to go far to find a great school with a great program!
He will be a fantastic addition to any of the top 10 teams in the country!
Not to mention a great kid!
Best wishes to AJ; I really enjoyed getting to see him play for Navy a few times in person and I agree there should be plenty of interest as he did very well in his one full season of college competition.
TheGoat1999

Post by TheGoat1999 »

AJ wanted to leave last year and just couldn't get out for a few reasons. AJ is leaving because of Amplo.
Let the spin continue.

Thank You Coach Cottle for saving the season, Tons of MIDS were finally given a chance, your style was refreshing.
DongDenMt

Post by DongDenMt »

I am not sure if that was meant as a joke or not. But AJ loved playing for Joe. In no way is he leaving because of Joe. Anyone suggesting otherwise is not being truthful or accurate.

I hope that was an attempt at a joke because it is sure not an honest take.
lorin

Post by lorin »

DongDenMt wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 5:52 am I am not sure if that was meant as a joke or not. But AJ loved playing for Joe. In no way is he leaving because of Joe. Anyone suggesting otherwise is not being truthful or accurate.

Why are you so obsessed to let everybody know AJ loved the coach?
DongDenMt

Post by DongDenMt »

lorin wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 3:48 pm
DongDenMt wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 5:52 am I am not sure if that was meant as a joke or not. But AJ loved playing for Joe. In no way is he leaving because of Joe. Anyone suggesting otherwise is not being truthful or accurate.

I knew that people would lie or state from ignorance and say he was leaving because of Amplo . That’s just the nature of the Internet. And of course that is exactly what happened

And I was not replying to you , so I’m am not sure why you care, I was replying to the poster that said he was leaving because of the coach. Which is of course not close to being true.

Accuracy counts
lorin

Post by lorin »

DongDenMt wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:24 pm
lorin wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 3:48 pm

I knew that people would lie or state from ignorance and say he was leaving because of Amplo . That’s just the nature of the Internet. And of course that is exactly what happened

And I was not replying to you , so I’m am not sure why you care, I was replying to the poster that said he was leaving because of the coach. Which is of course not close to being true.

Accuracy counts
Fair enough, so he hated the D coach? Just playing good luck.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Wow, folks! Every masterful coaching-job John Tillman performs makes me realize even more how lucky Navy was to have him and how lucky they will be if he decides to return "home" someday.
Laxinmay

Post by Laxinmay »

Congrats to former Navy Assistants
John Tillman
Ryan Wellner
Mike Phipps

Final Four Bound. Make us proud!
laxguywm

Post by laxguywm »

Does anyone think Navy may have won a few National Championships had Coach Tillman been promoted to head coach 15 or so years ago - great coach - maybe not ready to be head coach at the time
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

laxguywm wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:07 am Does anyone think Navy may have won a few National Championships had Coach Tillman been promoted to head coach 15 or so years ago - great coach - maybe not ready to be head coach at the time
For years I have thought Navy's run was more Tillman than Meade . . .
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

I would highly doubt that many, if any people love Navy Lacrosse more than Tills does.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

gymman1031 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 12:18 pm I would highly doubt that many, if any people love Navy Lacrosse more than Tills does.
I am sure Tills has a strong attachment to Navy, as he came of age there as a coach, got to work with one of the all-time great guys in lacrosse, Richie Meade, and coached some pretty extraordinary young people. At the same time, Tillman left Navy 17 years ago and has now been at Maryland (13 years) longer than he was at Navy (11 years). Maybe he'll at some point consider a valedictory tour at the Naval Academy but for now, why move? He's two years removed from a national championship, is returning to the final four, and runs a program where he can, among other things, bring in transfers (and your occasional Canadian player if he wants) and doesn't have to compete with Uncle Sam (not to mention an engineering curriculum) for his players' time and attention.

I'd love to see Tills back to Navy some day.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

The Orfling wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 1:49 pm
gymman1031 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 12:18 pm I would highly doubt that many, if any people love Navy Lacrosse more than Tills does.
I am sure Tills has a strong attachment to Navy, as he came of age there as a coach, got to work with one of the all-time great guys in lacrosse, Richie Meade, and coached some pretty extraordinary young people. At the same time, Tillman left Navy 17 years ago and has now been at Maryland (13 years) longer than he was at Navy (11 years). Maybe he'll at some point consider a valedictory tour at the Naval Academy but for now, why move? He's two years removed from a national championship, is returning to the final four, and runs a program where he can, among other things, bring in transfers (and your occasional Canadian player if he wants) and doesn't have to compete with Uncle Sam (not to mention an engineering curriculum) for his players' time and attention.

Absolutely! He is in a perfect spot. And he could stay at Maryland until his retirement. However, if he has a dream of being Navy's coach, and the thought that, if it opens, it may not open again for years, maybe he WOULD jump on it. Like I said, he doesn't have anything else to accomplish at Maryland.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

gymman1031 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 1:54 pm
The Orfling wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 1:49 pm

Absolutely! He is in a perfect spot. And he could stay at Maryland until his retirement. However, if he has a dream of being Navy's coach, and the thought that, if it opens, it may not open again for years, maybe he WOULD jump on it. Like I said, he doesn't have anything else to accomplish at Maryland.
That would be amazing. To cross sports references, like Theo Epstein going as GM to help the Cubs win their first World Series since 1908 after helping the Red Sox "reverse the curse" and win two World Series. Given how well John Tillman recruits in Maryland and DMV (he is the best at identifying public school DMV talent, IMO), I think he could get really good talent (although the recruiting at Navy, to give the current staff credit, has been good I think).
Abr2016

Post by Abr2016 »

Laxinmay wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 6:35 am Congrats to former Navy Assistants
John Tillman
Ryan Wellner
Mike Phipps

Final Four Bound. Make us proud!
Wellner and Phipps were assistants together for a bunch of years. That was when we won the Pat league twice and almost went to final four. The boys loved those two.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”