W&L 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
W&Lacrosse75

Re: W&L 2024

Post by W&Lacrosse75 »

MarionBarry wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:42 pm I'll contribute to the hate...
Nice work getting to the quarterfinals again, I will give them some credit. They are soft and had the least hardest path, I won't call it easy cause it never is, so least hard. Same as last year. #13 v #16 for a quarterfinal birth. I know there is travel etc when the committee puts it together. Feel free to tell me I'm idiot and just like hating on the generals!
What a shock. Another “hater.” Maybe the team should be told that they don’t need to bother playing the game because we mere mortals think they are “soft.”

From my vantage point, they have overcome more than most of the teams that many expect to show up every year. It would be great just to have some new blood to shake up things.

Out of respect for the game, I look forward to watching all of the teams, including the so called “soft” ones. But win or lose, “soft” this team is not. And I get the feeling that even if things were to go their way, the reaction from some would be “yes, but…..”
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

W&Lacrosse75 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:33 am
Chinstrap wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:10 am
choochooCharlie wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 6:49 am
W&Lacrosse75 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 6:40 am
choochooCharlie wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 6:09 am
LexVegas wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:16 amMendoza is a good but young defensive coach. He will hopefully make adjustments - but it shouldn’t be surprising he has this many injuries.
Mendoza isn’t young anymore. He has been in the coaching business for over a decade, time to figure it out. He does the recruiting there, and he’d be the first to tell you that W&L’s academic reputation recruits for itself (in the country club and boarding school circles).

What this team needs is GRIT, hence all the injuries. Until Mendoza starts actively pulling in kids from some diverse backgrounds, I see them continuing to be plagued by this “injury bug.” He’s a Cortland guy, he should be able to identify scrappy tough blue collar players, and the school’s commitment to bringing in students with a diverse range of backgrounds should help him in the process. Lazy recruiting is to blame for year after year of chronic injuries IMO.

The school easily draws in some of the best talent money can buy (literally), but not an ounce of grit in each class, that’s where his work needs to come in.
Mannino (playing with his brace) who have grit.
My man with the brace is a warrior.
put down the Old Crow
you need some “work ethic” to overcome the inevitable challenges found in high pressure “big games.”

By the way, Old Crow is not my brand.
The reality is what it is. Not to say they don’t have any, but they simply aren’t known for their grit. (Maybe a stereotype or flat out wrong, but that doesn’t change the fact)
W&Lacrosse75 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 6:47 am
They are soft and had the least hardest path, I won't call it easy cause it never is, so least hard. Same as last year.
From my vantage point, they have overcome more than most of the teams that many expect to show up every year. It would be great just to have some new blood to shake up things.

“soft” this team is not. And I get the feeling that even if things were to go their way, the reaction from some would be “yes, but…..”
FWIW losing games that you were supposed to win and then “bouncing back” isn’t really overcoming adversity. It’s underperforming and/or being inconsistent.

And we don’t have to over think the “what if they win” scenario, because spoiler alert….

GULLS by 8+
W&Lacrosse75

Post by W&Lacrosse75 »

Does someone know if any of the injured are returning today?
MarionBarry

Post by MarionBarry »

I love mixing it up on the w&l board. Credit given to making the quarterfinals, but I would love to see this team put together a complete season, ups and downs.

Everyteam has injuries, maybe W&L had more than a team usually has, but thenposters love to let us know how injured they are, using it as an excuse at times maybe?

Today's game: w&l keeps it close early, second half Gulls pull away. 17-10

I know we are harsh on the generals, there is alot of passion on this thread, so thank younto the haters and lovers of w&l. By far the most enjoyable thread on the forums. Keep this up boys!
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Good luck W&L!
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

Nice work getting to the quarterfinals again, I will give them some credit. They are soft and had the least hardest path, I won't call it easy cause it never is, so least hard. Same as last year. #13 v #16 for a quarterfinal birth. I know there is travel etc when the committee puts it together. Feel free to tell me I'm idiot and just like hating on the generals!
I will agree that our path wasn't as hard as some other brackets. I understand it. But, we had to win to get this far and we did. Salisbury has all the tools and on paper, should win this game. Here is hoping we can pull out the V just like we did back in 1975 against the Hop. Its the 50th anniversary of the great 1974 team and it would be fitting to pay them back for their pain of that year with a W.

Go Gennies!!

valaxfan
LexVegas

Post by LexVegas »

This path is the same path every high seed gets - and we beat Lynchburg. At home. Again.

Now we are clawing our way back against the Gulls at home - 12-10 m-fers. Keep rolling. 12-11. Wow.

Redeem baby Redeem. This is the hardest the Gulls will work this year.
richard

Post by richard »

MVP There you go.
LexVegas

Post by LexVegas »

Someone going to tell me the refs aren’t biased on the Eastern Shore. What a joke.
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

Didn’t matter
Carroll81

Post by Carroll81 »

Imagine if this team had some grit?
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Salisbury goes down,

great game !
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

Way to Go Gennies!!! TRUE GRIT was shown, even the announcer said it. On to the Semifinals!!!

valaxfan
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Do you believe in miracles !
One of the truly historic victories down 8-1 against an undefeated Salisbury cruising toward a record breaking 14 national title. Spano MVP!
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Congrats Gennies, that was an effort to be proud of.
GeneralBart

Post by GeneralBart »

Congrats to the team and Coach McCabe and his staff. Showed a lot of heart ❤️. Good luck tomorrow!
LexVegas

Post by LexVegas »

It was a great crowd here and the boys are pumped.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

That OT goal was a very “ball don’t lie” moment. Congrats!
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

I throughly enjoyed that serving of grit..
Congratulations W&L!
W&Lacrosse75

Post by W&Lacrosse75 »

Tomorrow both the mens and womens teams play in Salisbury to try to move into the finals.

Congrats Gennies. You believed in yourself when many doubted you.
!

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”