Israel and West Bank Settlements

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: Israel and Zionism

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Bibi alienates everyone but the far-right in Israel. Even the Wall Street Journal gets it.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:55 am Bibi alienates everyone but the far-right in Israel. Even the Wall Street Journal gets it.
I guess there are a lot of Jews in Israel who don't remember the Holocaust? I know there are a significant number of Jews in Israel who understand what October 7 was all about. Fortunately for them Doc they ain't about to follow the advise of an atheist prick who is sympathetic towards Iran. You do remember your homies in Iran? You remember, the ones that want to wipe those f***ing dirty Jews off the face of the planet? You can have a doctorate and still be a useful idiot. You are proof positive of that old sod. :roll.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I just watched an interview on our local NBC news ( I have to specify the network so it doesn't become an issue for the tool bags on this forum) :D The dude was demanding an IMMEDIATE CEASE FIRE in Gaza. He is under the delusional belief that a cease fire = peace in our time. He went as far to insinuate in his tool bag rant that Israel is responsible for the taking of hostages by Hamas. Why Bibi literally made an underhanded agreement with Hamas so they could take all of these hostages and justify Israeli retribution. So why is Hamas so desperately pleading for a ceasefire? It sure as hell isn't because they are concerned about the fate of the Palestinian people. If they cared about the Palestinian people then October 7 would never have happened. Hamas wants a cease fire because they need some breathing room to try and regroup and reorganize and keep fighting the Jews. Hamas doesn't care how much suffering the Palestinian people have to suffer. They have a plethora of useful idiots scattered all over the elite universities from coast to coast in the USA. Give em a tent, a smart phone and grub hub and they are good to go. It sure beats going to class. :roll:
Bob Ross:
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:04 am I just watched an interview on our local NBC news ( I have to specify the network so it doesn't become an issue for the tool bags on this forum) :D The dude was demanding an IMMEDIATE CEASE FIRE in Gaza. He is under the delusional belief that a cease fire = peace in our time. He went as far to insinuate in his tool bag rant that Israel is responsible for the taking of hostages by Hamas. Why Bibi literally made an underhanded agreement with Hamas so they could take all of these hostages and justify Israeli retribution. So why is Hamas so desperately pleading for a ceasefire? It sure as hell isn't because they are concerned about the fate of the Palestinian people. If they cared about the Palestinian people then October 7 would never have happened. Hamas wants a cease fire because they need some breathing room to try and regroup and reorganize and keep fighting the Jews. Hamas doesn't care how much suffering the Palestinian people have to suffer. They have a plethora of useful idiots scattered all over the elite universities from coast to coast in the USA. Give em a tent, a smart phone and grub hub and they are good to go. It sure beats going to class. :roll:
I greatly appreciate your strong voice on this topic C&S. It amazes me the way Hamas skates and Israel gets blame among so many.

So right on the ignorant, misguided, led-by-the-nose college students. This is a Cause du jour for them. Remember the pathetic failure of Occupy Wall Street? This is just a second cousin to that.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 2:12 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:04 am I just watched an interview on our local NBC news ( I have to specify the network so it doesn't become an issue for the tool bags on this forum) :D The dude was demanding an IMMEDIATE CEASE FIRE in Gaza. He is under the delusional belief that a cease fire = peace in our time. He went as far to insinuate in his tool bag rant that Israel is responsible for the taking of hostages by Hamas. Why Bibi literally made an underhanded agreement with Hamas so they could take all of these hostages and justify Israeli retribution. So why is Hamas so desperately pleading for a ceasefire? It sure as hell isn't because they are concerned about the fate of the Palestinian people. If they cared about the Palestinian people then October 7 would never have happened. Hamas wants a cease fire because they need some breathing room to try and regroup and reorganize and keep fighting the Jews. Hamas doesn't care how much suffering the Palestinian people have to suffer. They have a plethora of useful idiots scattered all over the elite universities from coast to coast in the USA. Give em a tent, a smart phone and grub hub and they are good to go. It sure beats going to class. :roll:
I greatly appreciate your strong voice on this topic C&S. It amazes me the way Hamas skates and Israel gets blame among so many.

So right on the ignorant, misguided, led-by-the-nose college students. This is a Cause du jour for them. Remember the pathetic failure of Occupy Wall Street? This is just a second cousin to that.
:lol: :lol: :lol: that's what people said about Vietnam. These students and allies have already gotten the president to hold up delivery of 3000 bombs destined to kill innocent Palestinians. Things are moving much faster for these protesting students than they did during the Vietnam war.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

“ Then came Carr, who announced that the fight had begun. “We will take back our streets. We will take back our campuses from Columbia University to UCLA and everywhere in between,”

Our streets? Who is this we, Carr? You speak for me?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Funny you mention Occupy Wall. My youngest son was involved in the occupation for awhile. His dumb ass occupied a tent with some friends. They smoked a lot of weed ate a lot of Dominoes Pizza and listened to a lot of music on their smart phones. One week later they were still stoned, tired of pizza and a good thunder storm later they all became bored with their occupation that was more problematic to the pigeons than to anyone else. Those pigeons love pizza crust. :D
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:06 pm
“ Then came Carr, who announced that the fight had begun. “We will take back our streets. We will take back our campuses from Columbia University to UCLA and everywhere in between,”

Our streets? Who is this we, Carr? You speak for me?
... they are Israels streets. Came as a surprise to me. :o :o
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

French police kill Algerian who set fire to Rouen synagogue. Some right-wing papers earlier reported the rabbi was set on fire. This was not true.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Amanpour interview of Israeli author David Grossman. A real mensch. A meaningful interview, worth watching.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

So the graduates at Morehouse College were able to get Biden to applaud by DEMANDING an IMMEDIATE and PERMANENT cease fire in Gaza. In their exuberance they forgot to DEMAND an IMMEDIATE and PERMANENT cease fire in Ukraine. I'm sure it was a simple oversight on the students part. :D Who gives a f**k about dead Ukrainian citizens. Certainly not college students at so called " elite universities" Not a damn single tent was pitched with a blue and yellow flag. The excuse I'm waiting to hear is that a lot of these young skulls full of are color blind. :D
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 2:57 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: that's what people said about Vietnam. These students and allies have already gotten the president to hold up delivery of 3000 bombs destined to kill innocent Palestinians. Things are moving much faster for these protesting students than they did during the Vietnam war.
They are even moving too fast to burn their draft cards. :lol: Brings back memories Doc doesn't it?

Those were the days my friend we thought they'd never end. We would sing and dance forever and a day... I figured a Mary Hopkins song from the day would put a smile on your puss face.

One line in the song that still rings true today. A bunch of college students who still believe they are young and sure to have their way.
Bob Ross:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 6:15 am
a fan wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 10:30 pm
old salt wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:39 pm I do not recall the National Review advocating for a complete withdrawal from Afghanistan.
I believe they endorsed leaving the residual force that Biden's military & Intel chains of command recommended.

From the NR link cited above :
America’s presence in Afghanistan was a relatively low-cost and high-return investment not just in preventing future terrorist attacks originating from Central Asia but foreclosing on the need to introduce a larger American force on the ground as a response to some terrible contingency in the West. If nothing else, the Discord leaks demonstrate the value of that insurance policy and the Biden administration’s unwise decision to give it up.
You remember correctly. It's why I said that if you, BIbi, and the NR all use this line of thinking: Israel is planning to occupy Gaza, and there's no way they're gonna let Palestine self govern with no one else helping.

The residual force didn't work as claimed, as a reminder. We had terrorist activity all over the globe while we were in Afghanistan, including Afghanistan itself, the US, and the EU.

Don't need Afghanistan to plan, fund, and arm attacks. Iran is enough, all by itself. Or as we've forgotten to learn, Saudi Arabia is enough to yield terrorists.

At some point we'll try a new path. If Trump did what he claimed he would do? That would have been a new path. Instead, he kept on the path.
Well trump ain't in charge right now. It is Joe Biden blazing the path today. Joe thinks he knows how Israel should be handling this conflict. He has a unique perspective. He wants Israel to conduct combat operations in a highly dense civilian environment and do so with zero collateral damage. Of course DFJ has no idea how to accomplish this objective. Maybe Bibi should yield control of the military operation over to DFJ? Somehow those biting words of DFJs former boss come into focus. NEVER UNDERESTIMATE JOES ABILITY TO F**K THINGS UP. Withholding precision ordnance to Israel means more dumb bombs being dropped and more dead Palestinians. Way to go Dumb F**K Joe. Is it possible Joe is doing this to solidify the Muslim vote in Michigan? DFJ when he drifts in and out of reality has been told he will need Michigan to win in November. ;)
Seems you are the one trying to F things uo with your misdirection and bad “facts”. Maybe you shoukd learn how the real works works instead of living in a workd of delusion. Beyond pathetic. Or you could waith for the former guy to regain consciousness
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

old salt wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm Withholding precision guided munitions will just yield more collateral damage.

Trump was impeached for slowing down the delivery of Javelins to Ukraine for a couple weeks, when they were not being used anyway.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-arms-e ... _lead_pos3

Biden Slaps an Arms Embargo on Israel
The President withholds bombs, large and small, to spare Hamas in Rafah.
by The Editorial Board, May 8, 2024

Call it what it is: a U.S. arms embargo against Israel. That’s the astonishing story this week as the Biden Administration confirms it is blocking the delivery of weapons to its main ally in the Middle East.

The Administration would like to focus on the denial of 2,000-pound bombs, which it says are too destructive. Never mind that a professional force can employ them in a manner that restricts the radius of damage. Mr. Biden is also halting a shipment of 500-pound bombs and holding up Joint Direct Attack Munitions, which convert unguided bombs into precision “smart” bombs. Politico reports that Small Diameter Bombs are being withheld. The Journal adds that the Biden Administration has been sitting on a deal that includes tank shells and mortar rounds.

The message from the White House, in other words, is that Israel shouldn’t have large bombs or small bombs, dumb bombs or smart bombs, and let it do without tanks and artillery too. Now isn’t a good time to send the weapons, you see, because Israel would use them.

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin and other U.S. officials explain that the goal of the embargo—which they present as a “pause” or “review”—is to prevent a wider Israeli attack on the Hamas stronghold of Rafah. This is the terrorists’ reward for using civilians as human shields.

We’ve written about why Rafah must fall: It is home to Hamas’s leaders, hostages and four military battalions. If Israel can’t complete its invasion of Rafah, Hamas wins. “I refuse to let that happen,” Mr. Biden said on Oct. 20, but that was when it cost the President nothing, before the anti-Israel vote in Dearborn, Mich., had entered the national political conversation. Mr. Biden also promised to make sure Israelis “have what they need to protect their people today and always,” a repetition of his pledges on Oct. 7 and Oct. 10 that had so moved the Israeli people.

No matter how fiercely the President trumpets his “ironclad” support for Israel, his denial of weapons now puts the Jewish state in danger. Israel is at war, assaulted on multiple fronts. Denying it U.S. arms is an invitation to its enemies to take advantage, in hostage talks and on the battlefield.

It hasn’t been four weeks since Iran attacked Israel directly, in the largest drone attack in history, plus 150 or so ballistic and cruise missiles. Hezbollah fires dozens of rockets each day, depopulating the north of Israel for seven months and counting. The terrorist group and its Iranian controllers could decide at any time to precipitate an even larger war. Would it then be OK for Israel to have bombs?

Israel needs to be ready now, and its enemies need to know the U.S. stands behind it. That’s why Congress approved military aid to Israel in April, 79–18 in the Senate and 366–58 in the House. The overwhelming votes, including a majority of both parties, marked an important defeat for the anti-Israel left. Failing in its efforts to disarm Israel, the left lost. Now Mr. Biden is endorsing its policy.
BS
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

OCanada wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:15 pm
old salt wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm Withholding precision guided munitions will just yield more collateral damage.

Trump was impeached for slowing down the delivery of Javelins to Ukraine for a couple weeks, when they were not being used anyway.

Call it what it is: a U.S. arms embargo against Israel. That’s the astonishing story this week as the Biden Administration confirms it is blocking the delivery of weapons to its main ally in the Middle East.

The Administration would like to focus on the denial of 2,000-pound bombs, which it says are too destructive. Never mind that a professional force can employ them in a manner that restricts the radius of damage. Mr. Biden is also halting a shipment of 500-pound bombs and holding up Joint Direct Attack Munitions, which convert unguided bombs into precision “smart” bombs. Politico reports that Small Diameter Bombs are being withheld. The Journal adds that the Biden Administration has been sitting on a deal that includes tank shells and mortar rounds.

The message from the White House, in other words, is that Israel shouldn’t have large bombs or small bombs, dumb bombs or smart bombs, and let it do without tanks and artillery too. Now isn’t a good time to send the weapons, you see, because Israel would use them.

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin and other U.S. officials explain that the goal of the embargo—which they present as a “pause” or “review”—is to prevent a wider Israeli attack on the Hamas stronghold of Rafah. This is the terrorists’ reward for using civilians as human shields.

We’ve written about why Rafah must fall: It is home to Hamas’s leaders, hostages and four military battalions. If Israel can’t complete its invasion of Rafah, Hamas wins. “I refuse to let that happen,” Mr. Biden said on Oct. 20, but that was when it cost the President nothing, before the anti-Israel vote in Dearborn, Mich., had entered the national political conversation. Mr. Biden also promised to make sure Israelis “have what they need to protect their people today and always,” a repetition of his pledges on Oct. 7 and Oct. 10 that had so moved the Israeli people.

No matter how fiercely the President trumpets his “ironclad” support for Israel, his denial of weapons now puts the Jewish state in danger. Israel is at war, assaulted on multiple fronts. Denying it U.S. arms is an invitation to its enemies to take advantage, in hostage talks and on the battlefield.

It hasn’t been four weeks since Iran attacked Israel directly, in the largest drone attack in history, plus 150 or so ballistic and cruise missiles. Hezbollah fires dozens of rockets each day, depopulating the north of Israel for seven months and counting. The terrorist group and its Iranian controllers could decide at any time to precipitate an even larger war. Would it then be OK for Israel to have bombs?

Israel needs to be ready now, and its enemies need to know the U.S. stands behind it. That’s why Congress approved military aid to Israel in April, 79–18 in the Senate and 366–58 in the House. The overwhelming votes, including a majority of both parties, marked an important defeat for the anti-Israel left. Failing in its efforts to disarm Israel, the left lost. Now Mr. Biden is endorsing its policy.
BS
It's a nonsensical, partisan argument.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

OCanada wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:15 pm

BS
It's a nonsensical, partisan argument.
And I'm a wholehearted supporter of Israel's safety.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

https://www.icc-cpi.int/news/statement- ... tion-state

ICC chief prosecutor seeks arrest warrants for Sinwar and Netanyahu

Karim Khan, the chief prosecutor of the International Criminal Court, told CNN that he is seeking arrest warrants for Hamas leader Yahya Sinwar and Israel’s prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu, among others, on charges of war crimes and crimes against humanity.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."

Return to “POLITICS”