Post by azim21 »

rolldodge wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 pm
coda wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:58 am
azim21 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:53 am
coda wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:31 am
rolldodge wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:19 am
coda wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:56 am
FishFood wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:55 am
coda wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:18 am I think ND wins this comfortably. Ball is hurt, that could slant the field. ND has the revenge factor going for it.
Ball is not hurt. He had a bad cramp in the 2nd half.
He missed the 4Q for cramp?
He will play Saturday, you can bet on it.
If he is less than 100% that is an issue vs Lynch. Lynch is beast on GBs. That is the issue playing ND. I am not sure that Lynch is one of the best FOGOs on the clamp, but that unit is a bunch of GB monsters. You have to win it clean or you are going to take a beating. They tend to wear FOGOs out.
Even if he does play, it's not like he won the faceoff match-up the first time around. Lynch went 15/22 against GT in February. Obviously that can change and I'm sure a fair amount of those wins came after the clamp but not sure him playing/not playing makes a huge difference unless Lynch absolutely smokes GT's second FOGO.
I think we are going see an angry ND team. Looking for retribution for their only loss. I maybe over playing that angle, but I think motivation is on the side of ND.
The psychology goes both ways. Sure ND may be out for. revenge, but Georgetown also knows they are capable of beating them. But it won't be easy. Georgetown is going to have to play a much cleaner game then they have in the past few outings, including vs Penn State.

Another interesting thread will be how the current Gtown offense has changed/evolved since the last game. Gtown beat ND on midfield inverts and great offball play. That aspect of Gtown's game has been less present recently particularly the second midfield. In its place we've seen the emergence of Schubert and more individual efforts by guys like Crogan and Wray. Is this the game the Gtown finally puts it all together? Its going to take that kind of effort to win.
You're correct, I mean it's the NCAA Quarterfinals. That alone is enough for both teams to come in ready to play their A game regardless of any revenge factor/not being intimidated by #1 seed advantage that might be there.
lacrosseculturedaily

Re: QF #1 Notre Dame vs #8 Georgetown Saturday @ noon

Post by lacrosseculturedaily »

Check out my preview of the game here!

https://lacrosseculturedaily.com/2024/0 ... eorgetown/
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

lacrosseculturedaily wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:07 pm Check out my preview of the game here!

https://lacrosseculturedaily.com/2024/0 ... eorgetown/
Hard to compare the first matchup. It was three months ago, both teams have improved. But in the first matchup, ND played indoors at Marquette the week before. Also, practiced for weeks indoors prior to the GT game, and it showed. Eentnmann had 8 saves on 19 SOG . I don’t see that happening in this game. How much Lyght has improved as a defender , insurgence of Mclane. GT will hang, but they have to be special.
Hoxwurth

Post by Hoxwurth »

Mr3Putt wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:08 am Eentnmann had 8 saves on 19 SOG . I don’t see that happening in this game.
Entenmann has been on a tear recently. While he's one of the best goalies in the past ten years of college lacrosse, even he can't sustain his recent save percentage. He has potentially three games left, and whoever gets him on his worst day will have a chance. Otherwise, hand the trophy to Corrigan today.
coda

Post by coda »

Hoxwurth wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:39 pm
Mr3Putt wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:08 am Eentnmann had 8 saves on 19 SOG . I don’t see that happening in this game.
Entenmann has been on a tear recently. While he's one of the best goalies in the past ten years of college lacrosse, even he can't sustain his recent save percentage. He has potentially three games left, and whoever gets him on his worst day will have a chance. Otherwise, hand the trophy to Corrigan today.
He wasnt very good vs Albany.
Hoxwurth

Post by Hoxwurth »

coda wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:40 pm
True but I'm not counting that because it doesn't fit my argument. ;)
coda

Post by coda »

Hoxwurth wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:42 pm
coda wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:40 pm
True but I'm not counting that because it doesn't fit my argument. ;)
+1 for honesty and the laugh
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

PK is my pick for the Tewaaraton and Notre Dame is a truly great team.

But to heck with it … I’m picking GT for the upset (again).

GT is Eli Manning to ND’s Tom Brady.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

If you go to NCAA Lax Stats, these 2 teams are in a dead heat in so many categories. ND is #1 in scoring offense close to 16 a game, GT avg is close to 13 a game. Scoring Def both are outstanding about 9g per game. One little soar thumb in first matchup was Dobson - 4 turnovers. The second midfield for ND could be the difference. They have been giving them juice lately. Bundy has been a little cold lately shooting . About 3 for 18 the last 3 games. As far as looking at the first matchup, GT played Loyola, Hopkins & Penn prior to going to South Bend. ND played Cleveland St indoors @ home, and Marquette on the road indoors. IMO GT was battle tested prior to the first game. That was ND first outside game and it showed ( and versus top10 talent).
NYlax222

Post by NYlax222 »

Looking forward to it. Last three games, GT beat Nova, PSU and Providence by total of 5 goals. ND beat Albany, Duke and UVA by combined 24. Upsets can happen, respect GT's discipline and talent, but believe this ND team is generationally great
DMV_Guy

Post by DMV_Guy »

Hoyas are waking up feeling dangerous. I hope and pray the Notre Dame team is as complacent as their fans. Much has been wsaid about how and why the first game was a fluke. Notre Dame played indoors the prior week! They’ve gotten so much better since!

All of that is nonsense. The Hoyas marched into South Bend and outplayed Notre Dame. Period. They have done it before and they can do it again. Notre Dame has all the pressure in the world, and Georgetown has nothing to lose.

12-11 Hoyas in a thriller. GATA.
Wife and four kids. I work at the Department of Motor Vehicles so please speak slowly. Posting in between shifts from the toilet.
azim21

Post by azim21 »

Maybe I’m just juiced for this game today. Maybe I’ve got recency bias. But I saw ND smoke UVA and Duke the second time they played. I feel like the same could happen today 😤 Go Irish! ☘️
SkipPass

Post by SkipPass »

Mr3Putt wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 5:53 am If you go to NCAA Lax Stats, these 2 teams are in a dead heat in so many categories. ND is #1 in scoring offense close to 16 a game, GT avg is close to 13 a game. Scoring Def both are outstanding about 9g per game. One little soar thumb in first matchup was Dobson - 4 turnovers. The second midfield for ND could be the difference. They have been giving them juice lately. Bundy has been a little cold lately shooting . About 3 for 18 the last 3 games. As far as looking at the first matchup, GT played Loyola, Hopkins & Penn prior to going to South Bend. ND played Cleveland St indoors @ home, and Marquette on the road indoors. IMO GT was battle tested prior to the first game. That was ND first outside game and it showed ( and versus top10 talent).
Stats are apples to oranges. St. John’s, Providence and Villanova are not the same as Duke, Syracuse and UVA.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

SkipPass wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:00 am
Mr3Putt wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 5:53 am If you go to NCAA Lax Stats, these 2 teams are in a dead heat in so many categories. ND is #1 in scoring offense close to 16 a game, GT avg is close to 13 a game. Scoring Def both are outstanding about 9g per game. One little soar thumb in first matchup was Dobson - 4 turnovers. The second midfield for ND could be the difference. They have been giving them juice lately. Bundy has been a little cold lately shooting . About 3 for 18 the last 3 games. As far as looking at the first matchup, GT played Loyola, Hopkins & Penn prior to going to South Bend. ND played Cleveland St indoors @ home, and Marquette on the road indoors. IMO GT was battle tested prior to the first game. That was ND first outside game and it showed ( and versus top10 talent).
Stats are apples to oranges. St. John’s, Providence and Villanova are not the same as Duke, Syracuse and UVA.
Stats are pretty telling . Yes, to a degree competition matters but after 13 to 16 games the NCAA stats are legit.
SkipPass

Post by SkipPass »

Mr3Putt wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:08 am
Stats are pretty telling . Yes, to a degree competition matters but after 13 to 16 games the NCAA stats are legit.
To a degree? ND’s SOS is #2. GT SOS is #17. No comparison. Sorry.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

SkipPass wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:18 am
Albany 16th seed #32 RPI. Goes to South Bend leading @ the half 5-4. 14-9 final.
SkipPass

Post by SkipPass »

Mr3Putt wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:26 am
Albany 16th seed #32 RPI. Goes to South Bend leading @ the half 5-4. 14-9 final.
Irrelevant. We’re talking about stats being equal. Notre Dame’s competition is much tougher and Albany is watching at home from their couch.

ND has beaten Duke twice and UVA twice this year. GT is 1-10 vs Duke and 0-5 vs UVA lifetime.
Last edited by SkipPass on Sat May 18, 2024 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
NYlax222

Post by NYlax222 »

Upset could happen, as it did last time. GT deserves - and got - great credit for that win. Don't think any ND fan is complacent, and we'll see what happens, but there's a very good reason for the betting line.
Chousnake

Post by Chousnake »

SkipPass wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:35 am
Irrelevant. We’re talking about stats being equal. Notre Dame’s competition is much tougher and Albany is watching at home from their couch.

ND has beaten Duke twice and UVA twice this year. GT is 1-10 vs Duke and 0-5 vs UVA lifetime.
ND should win this game, but college lax is a week to week game. What happened last week doesn't really matter for today's game, and lifetime records are completely irrelevant. Different players, situations, etc. The only thing that matters is today.
SkipPass

Post by SkipPass »

Chousnake wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:51 am
SkipPass wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:35 am

ND should win this game, but college lax is a week to week game. What happened last week doesn't really matter for today's game, and lifetime records are completely irrelevant. Different players, situations, etc. The only thing that matters is today.
The discussion was about stats.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”