York 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
StevieUAlum

Re: York 2024

Post by StevieUAlum »

Laxattackjack wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:46 pm
StevieUAlum wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:25 pm Proud of the season the Mustangs had and getting the program back into the tournament and on the national radar again.

Sunday the boys just didn't have the depth to hang for a full game. Was 9-5 at one point but Tuffs depth really showed and with no answer at the faceoff dot, the task became too daunting to overcome.

Whole offense returns while the the entire defense graduates. Will be tough replacing guys like Quine and Mulvey, staples down low for 5 years.
no depth? doesn’t stevenson have like 65 on the roster?
Jack is still salty :lol:
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

StevieUAlum wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:48 pm
StevieUAlum wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:25 pm Proud of the season the Mustangs had and getting the program back into the tournament and on the national radar again.

Sunday the boys just didn't have the depth to hang for a full game. Was 9-5 at one point but Tuffs depth really showed and with no answer at the faceoff dot, the task became too daunting to overcome.

Whole offense returns while the the entire defense graduates. Will be tough replacing guys like Quine and Mulvey, staples down low for 5 years.

York vs Stevenson again in 2025 in MAC-C championship. York wins. Very early but I do believe York will play motivated in 2025.
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

laxrules wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 12:18 am

York vs Stevenson again in 2025 in MAC-C championship. York wins. Very early but I do believe York will play motivated in 2025.
Pretty bold statement. Both teams are losing some key pieces. This year was Cantabene's best coaching job arguably ever given what he had. York was underwhelming but Childs is a top 10 coach in the D3, they will be back.

Personally my bias towards Stevenson has me leaning towards them in 2025. Tons of youth on offense and the faceoff dot that got tons of reps this year in big games and got some tournament experience. Stevenson had the two best freshman in the league this year and one was ROY, they happen to both play on the same attack line. Will be hard to stop.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

kind of early to make predictions. we know both teams are losing kids to graduation. someone already mentioned that york is losing kids to the portal. someone else mentioned that some of the cabrini kids are considering york. until we start to hear who is back , we really can’t make any predictions.

all i can say with confidence is york and stevenson will still make the mac playoffs.

messiah returns all attack and they all were mentioned on the all mac team. that group put up almost 20 on both york and stevenson. and both york and stevenson are losing defensive starters to graduation. i am sure messiah will be in the mix.

eastern is losing some talent also. hard to say if they will still have enough to compete in the mac.

hood is getting stronger.

beyond that, i dont see anyone else in the MAC competing.
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

Laxattackjack wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:35 am kind of early to make predictions. we know both teams are losing kids to graduation. someone already mentioned that york is losing kids to the portal. someone else mentioned that some of the cabrini kids are considering york. until we start to hear who is back , we really can’t make any predictions.

all i can say with confidence is york and stevenson will still make the mac playoffs.

messiah returns all attack and they all were mentioned on the all mac team. that group put up almost 20 on both york and stevenson. and both york and stevenson are losing defensive starters to graduation. i am sure messiah will be in the mix.

eastern is losing some talent also. hard to say if they will still have enough to compete in the mac.

Read that Cabrinis top scorer is considering York, RIT, CNU, and Bury.

Pretty cool stuff, talent attracts talent hoping both teams can benefit from the portal.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

York has more than enough talent to rebound next year. This will be the first time in a while where it feels like regular college and team have to replace players and there will be few 5th and 6th year guys on teams rosters. I would say that they have players in the program that will replace even the current portal guys. They have solid replacements at the faceoff X as well
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

Asgot wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 9:26 am York has more than enough talent to rebound next year. This will be the first time in a while where it feels like regular college and team have to replace players and there will be few 5th and 6th year guys on teams rosters. I would say that they have players in the program that will replace even the current portal guys. They have solid replacements at the faceoff X as well
i am not seeing enough players on the bench to replace 4 of 6 starters on offense and 4 of 6 on defense. york will have to use the portal.

Does York even have a righty to play attack on the roster?
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

I am sure that they are on the roster, but it seemed to me watching from afar that the offense was far more positionless than it had been in the past as they played several middies at attack and a ton of attackmen at midfield.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

StevieUAlum wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 12:15 pm
Laxattackjack wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:35 am kind of early to make predictions. we know both teams are losing kids to graduation. someone already mentioned that york is losing kids to the portal. someone else mentioned that some of the cabrini kids are considering york. until we start to hear who is back , we really can’t make any predictions.

Read that Cabrinis top scorer is considering York, RIT, CNU, and Bury.

Pretty cool stuff, talent attracts talent hoping both teams can benefit from the portal.
Connor, a true soph, is LEGIT. See him contributing anywhere he lands He's a DAWG.

Eastern is going to be very blah next year IMO. I don't think they upgraded with Wallace's departure/outgoing staff. Some quality on the roster, but not enough.

Messiah could be fascinating.

YCP is due for a banger.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Jack is accurate. I struggle to understand the parental/player decision to attend with those numbers, always have. Everyone knows it's an admissions play. I'm not hating on it. Wish Cabrini put 500 kids on the roster, maybe we'd still be alive and solvent.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

MVPiccoli wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:07 pm

Jack is accurate. I struggle to understand the parental/player decision to attend with those numbers, always have. Everyone knows it's an admissions play. I'm not hating on it. Wish Cabrini put 500 kids on the roster, maybe we'd still be alive and solvent.
Looks like 67 on the roster this year. :? Which is about 6.5% of the male undergrad population. Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life and having 67 players is no way to run a practice.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

any rumors on york roster additions?

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”