Transfer Portal 2025

D1 Mens Lacrosse
camskidamski

Re: Transfer Portal 2025

Post by camskidamski »

ChopMan23 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 3:07 pm Saw a poster in the D3 tournament thread saying St Lawrence has multiple players taking 5th & 6th years at the D1 level. Any knowledge on that? They have been sending a handful of players up to D1 including Will Helm.
Feel like we might hear some names fly around soon as St. Lawrence was knocked out of D3 tourney yesterday. Any other knowledge of d3 guys heading d1?
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Cabrini ?
No more lax program after this past season.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Brown: Connor Theriault (G), Colin Hart (D)
Bryant: Johnny Hackett (M)
Cornell: Aiden Blake (M) -> Duke, Spencer Wirtheim (M) -> UNC
Fairfield: Bryce Ford (A/M)
Harvard: Graham Blake (A) -> Duke, Greg Campisi (LSM) -> Notre Dame, Andrew Degennaro (M), Andrew O'Berry (M) -> UNC
Hobart: Chris Patterson (A)
Lindenwood: 20 players
Loyola: Luke Staudt (G), Davis Lindsey (A)
Princeton: Tommy Barnds (M), Pace Billings (LSM), Hunter Engel (A), Colin Freer (D), Michael Gianforcaro (G) -> UNC, Teddy Gutman (M), Joseph Juengerkes (M), Tyler Sandoval (FO), Lukas Stanat (M), Marquez White (M), Paul Weathington (M)
Rutgers: Ryan Palmer (M)
Stony Brook: Nick Dupuis (A) -> UNC, Noah Armitage (M) -> Maryland
Yale: Cory Capri (A) -> Delaware, Patrick Hackler (M), Jack Monfort (M) -> Johns Hopkins, Nick Ramsey (FO)

DIII
RIT: Mike Grace (D) -> Syracuse

https://twitter.com/tyxanders/status/17 ... 5160539387

https://twitter.com/tyxanders/status/17 ... 9833289087

https://twitter.com/tyxanders/status/17 ... 1833694511
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Was talking to a buddy and apparently Michigan already has 5 transfers. 2 Princeton kids and a D3 transfer. Wasn't sure on the other two. I'd expect announcements soon.
lorin

Post by lorin »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:44 am Was talking to a buddy and apparently Michigan already has 5 transfers. 2 Princeton kids and a D3 transfer. Wasn't sure on the other two. I'd expect announcements soon.
I hope Michigan loses every Fxxking game.
coda

Post by coda »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:44 am Was talking to a buddy and apparently Michigan already has 5 transfers. 2 Princeton kids and a D3 transfer. Wasn't sure on the other two. I'd expect announcements soon.
They really need some midfield dodging and dodging in general. The attack was way to turnover prone, especially given how much of the ball handling duties they were given. I loved the work Beau did, but overall the transfers didnt really seem to make Michigan much different. Defensive communication issues persisted. Turnovers persisted. The attack was worse, obviously missing Zawaada. When you add a guy like Tiernan (who was great in his role), you better have multiple dodgers around him or things can get stagnant.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

coda wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:57 am
They really need some midfield dodging and dodging in general. The attack was way to turnover prone, especially given how much of the ball handling duties they were given. I loved the work Beau did, but overall the transfers didnt really seem to make Michigan much different. Defensive communication issues persisted. Turnovers persisted. The attack was worse, obviously missing Zawaada. When you add a guy like Tiernan (who was great in his role), you better have multiple dodgers around him or things can get stagnant.
Cathal Roberts was arguably the most important pole on the team this year. Just took a second to figure out how to use him. Agreed though, Christian Ronda was very underwhelming. Stanzel didn't get much burn as I anticipated. Tiernan lived up to the expectations and then some- 57 goals is a monster year (11 more goals than he had his last year at Lehigh).

You're 100% right on the dodging woes... They need speed dodgers. They have some bigger guys who can muscle their match-ups. But they don't have any "blow past you" speed. Outside of Cohen, probably.

Also, in my opinion (maybe an unpopular opinion) Cohen > Boehm.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Defense was the much bigger issue. They finished 14th in adjusted offensive efficiency, but 33rd in defense. You're not getting very far with a D that low. They got hot in the B1G tourney against teams that had less to play for but for the majority of the year that defense was an issue and it reared its head again vs. Denver. Goaltending wasn't great all year either. Not sure it's sustainable longterm to have the worst defense in a league that's typically built more on defense, even if you have one of the better offenses.

Not surprised they appear to be getting more of the Princeton guys, though outside of Gianforcaro I don't think this group is as impactful as the one last year. Billings is a nice player, could see him ending up at Michigan or Denver. 6'4'' Stanat and White the SSDM could help someone, too. But not seeing any game changers in that class.
coda

Post by coda »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:09 am
Defense was the much bigger issue. They finished 14th in adjusted offensive efficiency, but 33rd in defense. You're not getting very far with a D that low. They got hot in the B1G tourney against teams that had less to play for but for the majority of the year that defense was an issue and it reared its head again vs. Denver. Goaltending wasn't great all year either. Not sure it's sustainable longterm to have the worst defense in a league that's typically built more on defense, even if you have one of the better offenses.

Not surprised they appear to be getting more of the Princeton guys, though outside of Gianforcaro I don't think this group is as impactful as the one last year. Billings is a nice player, could see him ending up at Michigan or Denver. 6'4'' Stanat and White the SSDM could help someone, too. But not seeing any game changers in that class.
The offense was solid, but it got a massive boost from Weifeldt. Michigan won mostly based on winning the possession game. He also was good for 1-3 fastbreak goals a game. To be fair the biggest issue from my point of view was overall IQ. Too many bad turnovers (Cohen and Beohm had 67 turnovers, jamming the ball into Tiernan was a major cause of them) and poor communication on defense. We saw all of that come into play in the Denver game. Ineffective offense and defense in the 1st half. Scored 2 goals in the 1st half and one was on a poor take (Cohen from a low angle). Michigan lost 5 games where the FOGOs went 79-131 (60%), that is crazy. Weifeldt was good for probably an additional 2-4 wins.

Post by 1766 »

Michigan's inability to defend the pick game was persistent throughout the year. Teams really exploited that on the reg.
vburk6

Post by vburk6 »

HopFan16 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:56 am Brown: Connor Theriault (G), Colin Hart (D)
Bryant: Johnny Hackett (M)
Cornell: Aiden Blake (M) -> Duke, Spencer Wirtheim (M) -> UNC
Fairfield: Bryce Ford (A/M)
Harvard: Graham Blake (A) -> Duke, Greg Campisi (LSM) -> Notre Dame, Andrew Degennaro (M), Andrew O'Berry (M) -> UNC
Hobart: Chris Patterson (A)
Lindenwood: 20 players
Loyola: Luke Staudt (G), Davis Lindsey (A)
Princeton: Tommy Barnds (M), Pace Billings (LSM), Hunter Engel (A), Colin Freer (D), Michael Gianforcaro (G) -> UNC, Teddy Gutman (M), Joseph Juengerkes (M), Tyler Sandoval (FO), Lukas Stanat (M), Marquez White (M), Paul Weathington (M)
Rutgers: Ryan Palmer (M)
Stony Brook: Nick Dupuis (A) -> UNC, Noah Armitage (M) -> Maryland
Yale: Cory Capri (A) -> Delaware, Patrick Hackler (M), Jack Monfort (M) -> Johns Hopkins, Nick Ramsey (FO)

DIII

https://twitter.com/tyxanders/status/17 ... 5160539387

https://twitter.com/tyxanders/status/17 ... 9833289087

https://twitter.com/tyxanders/status/17 ... 1833694511
Ryan Palmer from Rutgers has been at Boston U. He transferred there this past winter.
coda

Post by coda »

1766 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:47 pm Michigan's inability to defend the pick game was persistent throughout the year. Teams really exploited that on the reg.
without a doubt. I had that under the poor communication on defense. Way too many goals given up by poor decision making. I just didnt think it was a smart team.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

camskidamski wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:12 am
ChopMan23 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 3:07 pm Saw a poster in the D3 tournament thread saying St Lawrence has multiple players taking 5th & 6th years at the D1 level. Any knowledge on that? They have been sending a handful of players up to D1 including Will Helm.
Feel like we might hear some names fly around soon as St. Lawrence was knocked out of D3 tourney yesterday. Any other knowledge of d3 guys heading d1?
Heard several month ago (before the season) about another going from Wesleyan to Rutgers, following in footsteps of Jacoby. I don't think he would have same impact but we will see.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

pcowlax wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:26 pm
Heard several month ago (before the season) about another going from Wesleyan to Rutgers, following in footsteps of Jacoby. I don't think he would have same impact but we will see.
Raba going back to D1?
Chipzhoo

Post by Chipzhoo »

I've heard Byrne from Bowdoin and Dixon from Wesleyan
Chipzhoo

Post by Chipzhoo »

HopFan16 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:56 am

DIII
Heard Trucksess from Dickinson to Hopkins
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

ChopMan23 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:46 pm
pcowlax wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:26 pm
Raba going back to D1?
Dixon
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

Chipzhoo wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:52 pm

DIII
Interesting, will serve for good FO depth. Hopkins needs elite FO play however.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

norcalhop wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 3:03 pm

DIII
Good size at 6ft, 1in. FO 55%.

Solid get at a position of need. Hope the report is accurate.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

DocBarrister wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 3:12 pm
norcalhop wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 3:03 pm

DIII
Good size at 6ft, 1in. FO 55%.

Solid get at a position of need. Hope the report is accurate.

DocBarrister
Wasn't Dickinson's starter. I am guessing this is for depth purposes.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”