Home Stretch / National Rankings

D3 Womens Lacrosse
laxfan22

Re: Home Stretch / National Rankings

Post by laxfan22 »

Yea def no upsets. TCNJ beat absolutely no one all season. Think it was pretty obvious that Colby is a better team. Colorado college had to go play Chicago who they pit 26 on earlier this year. Only put 20 on then today. I guess based on seedlings that was an upset too.
laxfan8911

Post by laxfan8911 »

The Sunday games in the Wesleyan bracket highlitef hiw
it is the toughest quad in the bracket.
laxfan22

Post by laxfan22 »

True. Those 2nd round matchups were against tougher opponents than a lot of teams 3rd round matchups!
laxfan8911

Post by laxfan8911 »

Division III Women's Lacrosse should seed a little better for the tournament or maybe take less AQ's. Maybe they should have power rankings for conferences to automatically qualify. Most of the games this weekend were not even competitive. Wesleyan is theoretically the overall 2 seed in the tournament and yet they had 4 teams ranked in the top ten in their region plus Colby13, York 16, Trinity 20) This weekend should be somewhat closer excluding the Tufts v Denison and Middlebury v Colorado College-those will be very lopsided.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

laxfan8911 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:17 am Division III Women's Lacrosse should seed a little better for the tournament or maybe take less AQ's. Maybe they should have power rankings for conferences to automatically qualify. Most of the games this weekend were not even competitive. Wesleyan is theoretically the overall 2 seed in the tournament and yet they had 4 teams ranked in the top ten in their region plus Colby13, York 16, Trinity 20) This weekend should be somewhat closer excluding the Tufts v Denison and Middlebury v Colorado College-those will be very lopsided.
the travel limitations are a hurdle to a distributed bracket. It all comes down to money and not wanting teams to travel too far. It is a sad reality as your point above is well stated. Christopher Newport hosting with bye? Not what I would expect in a non-regionalized bracket.
laxfan22

Post by laxfan22 »

No doubt. But quickly looking at it, could have thrown Pamona is Wesleyan bracket and sent Gettysburg to Ithaca. Or Trinity to play Stevens. Could have put Gettysburg into WL or WS in place of Denison. None of these would impact travel and you don’t screw over Wesleyan. Miles better than last year but crazy to have easier 3d rounds games for tufts/FM than what Gettysburg and WS had in their 2d rounds games.
Seacoaster(1)

Upset Alert

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Colby up 7-5 over Wes with about 3:30 to go in the game.

Colby wins, defeats the No.2 team in the country at that team's home surface.

Middlebury cruises and will likely play Ithaca tomorrow afternoon.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Well I was wrong about Ithaca-PPC. Pomona Pitzer controlling Ithaca; 15-7 with 5:25 to go. I don't see PPC giving Middlebury a scare. Middlebury's speed and discipline at both ends is just at another level.
rollwave

Post by rollwave »

Colby dominated the draw and their D was legit. Wes had a decent amount of chances in the 1st quarter that they didn’t put away, and opportunities were limited the rest of the way. Both the Colby and Wes goalies also made a bunch of great saves.

Colby is a good team that definitely has Wesleyan’s number. I don’t think Wes has beat Colby in like 5-6 years.
westcoastlax

Post by westcoastlax »

Pomona Pitzer had a dominant win over Ithaca. That is back-to-back trips to the regional finals.

They came to play and backed up their preseason ranking. They are a good team and deserve a little more respect.

Unfortunately, Middlebury will end their season tomorrow.
lovelax

Post by lovelax »

I am a bit surprised Coby beat Wes. I have seen Wes look great defensively all year and both D were strong. Colby goalie with a great game. that said Colby did beat Wes in week # 1. Poor showing by both Wes men and women with high-ranked men losing its first game hosting its pod and # 2 Wes women underachieving and bowing out in the round of 16.

i was also surprised how Wiliam Smith ran away for the Bullets in the second game. A little revenge from last year's disappointing semi-final loss to GBurg? i think so. Herons two big players played well, and Herons D limited the Bullets main scorer ineffective. Bullets G also struggled. Colby did WS a favor beating Wes as Herons struggle against a zone D which limited their dodgers. I think WS goes to Salem again and reaches the finals.

PP surprised Ithaca. As some posters stated, Ithaca had two good wins---against WS with little else on the resume. PP goes down with a running clock at Midd.

Tufts should handle F&M who has been over ranked and overrated all season. I think Tufts wins by 5-6 and meets Midd for an epic rematch in Salem. Tufts D has become more athletic over the last two seasons and should be able to handle the Dips scorers. This will be a high-scoring affair and fun game to watch. F&M stadium is awesome but he video coverage is too far away as the football field moves the camera way out.

Salisbury and W&L is a coin flip. i like the Gulls due to their great schedule for OOC games. Love the Gull announcer as he, Bullets announcer and Nescac/Midd announcer are the best for viewing audiences. Great knowledge of the game (ie no "face-off' or "power play"...) with knowledge of each teams' history and analysis. Let's see who punches tix for MDW!
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Middlebury up 10-1 with 11:00 to go in the second quarter. Women against girls. Just not on the same planet.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

F&M takes down Tufts in OT, in a game Tufts led the whole way until Dips scored with .15 left in regulation.

Semifinals:

Middlebury v. F&M

Salisbury v. William Smith

Should be a nice weekend of lacrosse.
westcoastlax

Post by westcoastlax »

Interesting rematches of games played earlier in the season.

Middlebury is a heavy favorite to win their third title in a row.

Return to “D3 WOMENS LACROSSE”