D3 Mens Lacrosse
Nothinbutthelax

Re: ODAC 2024

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Alright NOKE. Get it done!
dwinddweller

Post by dwinddweller »

I think you meant to type JOKE… Luke Kammerman shooting 9% and finishing 1&1 just about solidifies his status as an ODAC point merchant. Hope he fifth years, has another 100 pt. season and caps it off with yet another first round exit.
LAXDADGUILFORD

Post by LAXDADGUILFORD »

dwinddweller wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:18 pm I think you meant to type JOKE… Luke Kammerman shooting 9% and finishing 1&1 just about solidifies his status as an ODAC point merchant. Hope he fifth years, has another 100 pt. season and caps it off with yet another first round exit.
Better prepare yourself for the backlash from some of the Roanoke homers. I feel this is common knowledge now, but pointed it out a few weeks ago (Kammerman being a point merchant) and felt the wrath of god. You have my support brother.
BigMoose9

Post by BigMoose9 »

W&L vs Lynchburg on Shelly for a chance at the Elite 8. What more could you ask for??! I have Lynchburg getting revenge and winning this one 11-10.
DTL94

Post by DTL94 »

LAXDADGUILFORD wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:24 pm
dwinddweller wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:18 pm I think you meant to type JOKE… Luke Kammerman shooting 9% and finishing 1&1 just about solidifies his status as an ODAC point merchant. Hope he fifth years, has another 100 pt. season and caps it off with yet another first round exit.
Better prepare yourself for the backlash from some of the Roanoke homers. I feel this is common knowledge now, but pointed it out a few weeks ago (Kammerman being a point merchant) and felt the wrath of god. You have my support brother.

The padding the stats and disappearing in big games at Roanoke goes back to 2015 (can’t imagine why). Some people would be allowed to rack up points in the 4th quarter while other starters were on the bench the entire second half.
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

NBTL, here is lacrosse reference's take on today's game:

Upcoming Schedule

Opponent: Lynchburg
Date: May 12
Adj Off Rank - 4th
Adj Def Rank -10th
Adj FO Rank -23rd
Adj GK Rank -10th
Win Probability - 31.1%

Opponent: Washington and Lee
Date: May 12
Adj Off Rank - 11th
Adj Def Rank - 16th
Adj FO Rank - 7th
Adj GK Rank - 45th
Win Probability - 68.9%

valaxfan
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:02 pm Alright NOKE. Get it done!
Maroons sure had their chances in the last 5 minutes to tie this game. I counted 3 pipes. Roanoke was wizzing their shots but Stevens held tough. It was a fast and fun game to watch.

valaxfan
Nothinbutthelax

Thanks. Goal/FO offset. Close as expected otherwise. Does that wider win % indicate W&L favored.

A bit warmer this afternoon. Starters fresh. Should be great atmosphere. Could it be as helter shelter as NOKEs game last night?
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:53 am Thanks. Goal/FO offset. Close as expected otherwise. Does that wider win % indicate W&L favored.

A bit warmer this afternoon. Starters fresh. Should be great atmosphere. Could it be as helter shelter as NOKEs game last night?
No, Lynchburg favored but we all know how that could work out.

valaxfan
Nothinbutthelax

valaxfan wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:47 am
Nothinbutthelax wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:02 pm Alright NOKE. Get it done!
Maroons sure had their chances in the last 5 minutes to tie this game. I counted 3 pipes. Roanoke was wizzing their shots but Stevens held tough. It was a fast and fun game to watch.

valaxfan
Sure was, wild at times into 2nd have. Both teams left if out there..Excellent announcers.
NOKE 61 shots. Seemed could have found better looks. Seemed rushed. Tough loss.
Nothinbutthelax

valaxfan wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:57 am
Nothinbutthelax wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:53 am Thanks. Goal/FO offset. Close as expected otherwise. Does that wider win % indicate W&L favored.

No, Lynchburg favored but we all know how that could work out.

valaxfan
Trying not to let that in my head😩
Nothinbutthelax

It’s a slugfest
Nothinbutthelax

Ground hog day..
Congratulations W&L. Earned that win. Spano and DeCain shine. Punch SAL..
Good season for LYN. Work those quiet hours.
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:58 pm Ground hog day..
Congratulations W&L. Earned that win. Spano and DeCain shine. Punch SAL..
Good season for LYN. Work those quiet hours.
Agree, Freshmen lead the way but the FO wings played great. I thought Lyn middies had a good game as well, we just had the ball too many more times.

valaxfan
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Amazing game, both teams playing great lax. Anyone else think you don’t want to play W&L at this point in the season. When you are getting strong goal play and winning face offs I don’t care who you are, that’s not the team you want to play….Love to see the Generals make it a 15 minute contest,I’m a believer.
MarionBarry

Post by MarionBarry »

Well played game by W&L, right now they seem to have lychburgs number. If they can win faceoffs next week, they always have a chance, but I don't think they can stop salisbury for 60 mins. That's a tough ask. 18-10 salisbury.

Big time win by the generals in the playoffs. Congrats.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

MarionBarry wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:34 pm Well played game by W&L, right now they seem to have lychburgs number. If they can win faceoffs next week, they always have a chance, but I don't think they can stop salisbury for 60 mins. That's a tough ask. 18-10 salisbury.

Totally agree that there’s a certain reality when you play Salisbury. Getting to the elite 8 especially with all the injuries this year was a great accomplishment. I think the score last year was 12-9 and W&L could not win a face off. Let’s just say I’m hopeful. If the Generals can keep it close into the 4th ( unlike Swarthmore today) I think it’s very possible they can pull this off. These guys are playing with a lot of confidence ! Lots of young players in key roles who played them last year get another shot at them.
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

MarionBarry wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:34 pm Well played game by W&L, right now they seem to have lychburgs number. If they can win faceoffs next week, they always have a chance, but I don't think they can stop salisbury for 60 mins. That's a tough ask. 18-10 salisbury.

Gennies will have to win FOs, cut down on turnovers, and play solid defense, just to have a chance. I think they can do it but Sals is just so good right now, it's going to be really hard. Looks like we'll be in Salisbury MD next weekend to hopefully see the upset. Go Gennies!!!

valaxfan
Cyborg Reticulan

Post by Cyborg Reticulan »

w&L has Lynchburg's number right now but I do not see them giving salisbury much of a game that lynchburg would have. w&L midfield will have to carry more weight than they have all year and I doubt it will happen against the best team in the country. That salisbury defense will have no trouble with them and it is unfortunate the bugs could not pull out the win yesterday.

salisbury-17 w&L-7
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

I think Kammerman is a talent. 90 points in a season against tournament teams is impressive. Give the kid a break.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”