NCAA Tournament 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
valaxfan

Re: NCAA Tournament 2024

Post by valaxfan »

Nosey Ned wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 5:01 pm
ah23 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:34 pm What looked like the first good matchup of the weekend is as competitive as hoped/expected, Babson-Denison has been a really good game through three quarters.
Congratulations to Babson and good luck the rest of the way. Was a good game and hard fought both teams. I’ll admit I didn’t see 6 for 26 coming at FO for the Big Red. Considering that disadvantage I think the guys did a great job staying in the game.

My season’s over. I’m out! Good luck to everyone this weekend and enjoy the great matchups coming up.

Go Big Red
Good game by both teams. That shot that hit the pipe and bounced directly back into the stick of the Babson player who shot it, who then shoots into an open net. Never seen that before.

valaxfan
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

Nigel wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 3:16 pm
StevieUAlum wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:43 am

I hated on Babson all year but they will handle Dension I think. 14-10 Babson.
Haters are just confused admirers - Biebs

Nice to see you come around.
Like I said.....Wasn't too far off on that one🫡
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

I'm most interested in these games today:

Union vs Stevie - Union is solid and I don't know much about the Stangs

RPI vs St Marys - RPI "should" roll, but the So. MD team can score and execute a game plan.

Wes vs St John Fisher - similar to the above but maybe the Cards get a big scare.

Roanoke vs Stevens - kind of a toss up but I think the Ducks squeak by
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

BallHunt wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:10 am I'm most interested in these games today:

RPI vs St Marys - RPI "should" roll, but the So. MD team can score and execute a game plan.

Wes vs St John Fisher - similar to the above but maybe the Cards get a big scare.

my view on this
union is up and down. stevenson is jeykel and hide when home vs away. on paper, union should win by double digits. stevenson needs a perfect game and also needs union to stumble. going with union by 7-8
RPI is one of the most complete teams. defenders are too physical for st mary’s. i like st mary’s attack. and they will find a way to score, but not nearly enough to keep up. RIT by double digits
wesleyan vs SJF. wes is up this year and sjf is having a down year. sjf doesn’t have a good win all year. wesleyan by double digits
roanoke vs stevens. the game of the day. both have shown signs of greatness and also signs of ehhhh. not sure who to pick with this one. both teams struggle vs good teams. going with Roanoke since i have watched more of their games. anything can happen with this one. there is no outcome in this game that would surprise me.
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

Laxattackjack wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:31 am
BallHunt wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:10 am I'm most interested in these games today:

my view on this
union is up and down. stevenson is jeykel and hide when home vs away. on paper, union should win by double digits. stevenson needs a perfect game and also needs union to stumble. going with union by 7-8
RPI is one of the most complete teams. defenders are too physical for st mary’s. i like st mary’s attack. and they will find a way to score, but not nearly enough to keep up. RIT by double digits
wesleyan vs SJF. wes is up this year and sjf is having a down year. sjf doesn’t have a good win all year. wesleyan by double digits
roanoke vs stevens. the game of the day. both have shown signs of greatness and also signs of ehhhh. not sure who to pick with this one. both teams struggle vs good teams. going with Roanoke since i have watched more of their games. anything can happen with this one. there is no outcome in this game that would surprise me.
Jack Union might win this one but not by 7-8 goals. Too much surrounding the program, lots of emotion and a lot to play for. Should be a good game, Cantabene won't be getting blown out close to home . Hoping the Stangs come out on top in the end. Union wins by 3-4 at most.
nevadajoe

Post by nevadajoe »

Union +4
RPI +9
Wesleyan +4
Stevens +2
Laxguy3

Post by Laxguy3 »

nevadajoe wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:45 am

Union +4
RPI +9
Wesleyan +4
Stevens +2
Someone clearly does not understand sports betting.
Laxfan1414

Post by Laxfan1414 »

Laxguy3 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 11:30 am

Union +4
RPI +9
Wesleyan +4
Stevens +2
I’ll take RPI plus 9 points please
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

Laxguy3 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 11:30 am

Union +4
RPI +9
Wesleyan +4
Stevens +2
not everyone has a gambling addiction. clearly those comments are how many goals they are predicted to win.
Laxfan1414

Post by Laxfan1414 »

Tufts is going to waste all of its goals in one game!

Need to save some of those bad boys
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Babson got smoked by RIT in almost all facets of the game last year, especially transition plays. Tiger's sticks and awareness was just that good. I'd suggest they fall back on the ride, make sure they're always on the D side of any ground balls, pack it in and attempt to play a rope-a-dope. Also hold the ball on offense and attempt to stay competitive via winning at the FO X. Lastly, say a lot of Hail Mary's in pregame. Hopefully it's a tight ball game into the second half and the possibility of a miracle then develops.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Laxfan1414

Post by Laxfan1414 »

Is bowdoin the best team in the country? Any division?
OinkWoof

Post by OinkWoof »

Laxfan1414 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 3:15 pm Is bowdoin the best team in the country? Any division?
Only on odd days.

They are a team of runs it seems that can lean on folks, but it goes both ways.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

stevenson union game could be the sloppiest game of the weekend.looks like a high school game.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

i will add. the reffing seems like high school level also.
Oaklax

Post by Oaklax »

Crazy celebration by Stevenson defender #40 after the game there… :shock: :shock: :shock:
aroundtheoutside

Post by aroundtheoutside »

Oaklax wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:13 pm Crazy celebration by Stevenson defender #40 after the game there… :shock: :shock: :shock:
Yeah I didn't know if it was just my eyes deceiving me. What on earth :lol:
NElaxtalent

Post by NElaxtalent »

Oaklax wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:13 pm Crazy celebration by Stevenson defender #40 after the game there… :shock: :shock: :shock:
Yeah that's was not a good look for anyone on a broadcast. I'm pretty sure we'll be hearing more about that than the W.
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

Laxattackjack wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:31 am

my view on this
Hey Jack, might need to revoke your privelages. Wrong once again :lol:
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

NElaxtalent wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:18 pm
Yeah that's was not a good look for anyone on a broadcast. I'm pretty sure we'll be hearing more about that than the W.
i have seen players having to sit games for similar actions. wonder if something happens. would suck if that kid is a senior

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”