Math1234

Re: Towson 2023

Post by Math1234 »

Up to Syracuse.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

They want to guarantee Hopkins is @ Towson , so they match them
up w a softy with a first yr head coach.
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

Mr3Putt wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:07 pm They want to guarantee Hopkins is @ Towson , so they match them
up w a softy with a first yr head coach.
what?
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Tigers with a good draw.
Tigers with good momentum, playing as well or better than they did early to middle of this season.

Syracuse is physical, Dwan is massive - they'll have to be able to deal with that.
Last edited by 10stone5 on Mon May 06, 2024 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

10stone5 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:34 pm Tigers with a good draw.
Tigers with good mementum, playing as well or better than they did early to middle of this season.

Syracuse is physical, Dwan is massive - they'll have to be able to deal with that.
Mikey played with Dwan and Riley F a year or two with the hawks. Think they know each others game.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Syracuse Goalie, transfer from Long Island University- Mark, the Orange Fogo transfer from Tufts - Kohn, Attackman Mule transferred from Lehigh. All v good players but FYI Towson you’re playing the 2024 Orange, this isn’t 1989 SU. Pat Mcabe isn’t walking out of that tunnel, neither is Burns , Marachek, or Matt Palumb. Gary Gait will be on hand, but not in uniform.
Math1234

Post by Math1234 »

Congrats to Mikey W., Barsz and DeMaio on their All-American recognition
https://towsontigers.com/news/2024/5/9/ ... -list.aspx
Cheeseandcrackers

Post by Cheeseandcrackers »

Coming to quarters at Johnny U Stadium. Is one side better in case of hot/sunny weather?
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

Mr3Putt wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:09 am Syracuse Goalie, transfer from Long Island University- Mark, the Orange Fogo transfer from Tufts - Kohn, Attackman Mule transferred from Lehigh. All v good players but FYI Towson you’re playing the 2024 Orange, this isn’t 1989 SU. Pat Mcabe isn’t walking out of that tunnel, neither is Burns , Marachek, or Matt Palumb. Gary Gait will be on hand, but not in uniform.
Their not playing the 89 Orange but they are playing a very good team who with a few freaky breaks in OT could easily be 13 - 2. The Leo goalmouth call in OT vs Maryland took away his goal. Mule missing a wide open cage vs Army. Coach March getting tossed early vs Cornell and the O fell apart after. The only game they didn't have a chance to win was the last Duke game and they just came out flat. SU will be pumped in the Dome Sunday night and will be to much for a solid but not a top 10 Towson team. This team did beat Hopkins, Duke and Virginia. Lost by 2 goals after starting slow vs Notre Dame. Ur sleeping on this Orange team. Any good team can upset a top team but to think oh this isn't the 89 Orange so Towson should be full confident and expect to win. Syracuse offense can put up pts so Townson will have to hit the mid teens to have a shot. No there not the 89 Cuse team but this team is very talented and still young. They have a solid group of vets who mixed in well with the talented young guys. Dont sleep on them because of the last Duke game. They started slow and down 9 - 2 then the final 3 Qs SU actually won 11 - 9.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

SU, obviously has good young talent . But, what stirs the drink are transplants, 5th yr players from other schools. Can’t put a price tag on experience. Towson has them as well. Demaio started @ MD. and made the move to TU. I think this may be the 10th home game in 24’ for the Orange.
BlueJaySince1947

Post by BlueJaySince1947 »

Orange 17 , Tiggers 7...
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

BlueJaySince1947 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 7:38 pm Orange 17 , Tiggers 7...
Harvey Keitel from Cocoon w the prediction of the year. Did you go to lunch w Hume Kronyon today?
Math1234

Post by Math1234 »

Time to make a 2025 thread I guess. Congrats to Syracuse. Face-offs were the difference. Defense and goaltending were not great by either team.

Is Towson back? I think so, but not to the 2017 and 2019 teams. Face-offs weren't bad this season as Matt Constantinides was 58% coming into this game, but he just didn't have it. Thought the defensive strategy was odd as well with Downs coming out of the goal to defend the attacker (usually Spallina) behind the goal.

Downs is back and I expect him to start, but he needs to be pushed. If they had a backup who they thought was ready, maybe a change would have been made. Either way, Cuse just dominated the third quarter with a 9-0 run and if you go 50% on face-offs, it's a different story.

Alex Roussel was good all year and it's a shame it took an injury to Villagomez for him to shine with 4 goals and 3 assists. Even though DeMaio wasn't great this game, he had a terrific season. I think Roussel takes his place on attack and then you move Mauer to midfield and put Ryan Schrier back on attack at the crease. Or vice versa. I think Mauer is a tad more athletic, but they will miss Webber's speed at midfield. Love to see (again) a transfer at midfield and a defender to replace Barsz, who was sensational this year.

I liked what Webber brought along with MIkey W. and Roussel. Three small but very quick guys who are difficult to defend.

Good season. Good luck to 'Cuse. I also might add another strong opponent in non-conference play since the CAA is on the struggle bus right now in terms of quality.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

" Downs is back and I expect him to start, but he needs to be pushed "

I think, two real talented goalies coming in this year - personally the Canadian looks like he has the most talent - but Tigers could have 3 VG goalies in "camp" this fall.
Math1234

Post by Math1234 »

10stone5 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 10:12 pm " Downs is back and I expect him to start, but he needs to be pushed "

I think, two real talented goalies coming in this year - personally the Canadian looks like he has the most talent - but Tigers could have 3 VG goalies in "camp" this fall.
Yeah, I think if Nads was really confident in Nilan, he might have made a change tonight. That was the biggest question in the fall and in preseason. Downs was solid this season (55% SV) and was very good in the CAA Tournament, but to get that next level, they may need an upgrade.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Too many defensive breakdowns. Created offense everywhere. Maybe coulda got away with it with a few saves or FO wins, but that just compounded things. Shame after the great start, but Cuse was the better team

Weisshaar is a superstar, and next year he needs to be on the field every possession. Whether that's a move to attack or him just taking every MF shift, he can't leave the field. Villagomez, Maurer, Roussel. Lot of talent on offense returning, as well as throughout the rest of the field.

Think they're primed to get back to this spot next year. More tournament experience will definitely help and get them building back towards where they were in 2016-2019
Math1234

Post by Math1234 »

jrn19 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 10:35 pm Too many defensive breakdowns. Created offense everywhere. Maybe coulda got away with it with a few saves or FO wins, but that just compounded things. Shame after the great start, but Cuse was the better team

Weisshaar is a superstar, and next year he needs to be on the field every possession. Whether that's a move to attack or him just taking every MF shift, he can't leave the field. Villagomez, Maurer, Roussel. Lot of talent on offense returning, as well as throughout the rest of the field.

Think they're primed to get back to this spot next year. More tournament experience will definitely help and get them building back towards where they were in 2016-2019
Even without DeMaio, this is a monster offense. I thought about moving Mikey to attack last season when he was coming off that knee injury. He's so explosive as a middie, but I see your point as having him on the field. You can move Roussel to first midfield and they still have Schrier at the crease returning (could also move Bode to midfield). I prefer Roussel on attack with Mauer and Villagomez, who improved tremendously down the stretch. Need somebody from the bench to step up (Vieni? Pearson?).
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Great season for Towson and Coach Nadalen. Congratulations.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Tigers will be, far and away, the favorites going into the season to win the AQ for the CAA, to get back to the NCAAs.

Hens have lost too much talent the past two seasons.
Stony Brook was much too dissappointing.
Dutch, maybe, Fairfield, maybe, could challenge.

—————————

This was the Tigers 22nd NCAA Tournament appearance.
Including 7 under Nadelen.
Last edited by 10stone5 on Mon May 13, 2024 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
NYlax222

Post by NYlax222 »

Towson was fun to watch, and congrats on excellent season. Congrats as well to Cuse for winning. If towson could upgrade their D next year, would be super interesting team to contend with.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”