Liberty League 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
ah23

Re: Liberty League 2024

Post by ah23 »

LOVING the parity at the top of D-III this year, RPI is tough as hell. Thought RIT was going to cruise today, very happy to be wrong about that (and very happy that RPI and their broadcast team will hopefully be doing the hosting in the tournament).
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

Both the Union and RPI broadcast teams are exceptional, in both football and lacrosse.

Congrats to RPI. Would love to see them win it all this year.
dp68

Post by dp68 »

Leonard Washington wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:47 pm
dp68 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:46 am
Well, it came down 1 goal. Got that part right :D
Glass half full! :lol:

Great game to watch, and I hope the rematch (between RPI and RIT) will be just as entertaining and close
I was leaning toward the stopped clock and being right 2x / day, but I'll take it
Low2high22

Post by Low2high22 »

Do they take into account postseason for Liberty league awards?
CTLaxFan15

Post by CTLaxFan15 »

Congrats to RPI, great game to watch, awesome to see new LL champ.

GL to all in selection show, RPI should of locked up hosting throughout, expect RIT, Tufts, Wes to host and SLU and Union to get in.
BigMoose9

Post by BigMoose9 »

SLU with a tough draw having to play a red hot Wesleyan team in the second round. Should be a great game.
FosterLax3

Post by FosterLax3 »

BigMoose9 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:18 am SLU with a tough draw having to play a red hot Wesleyan team in the second round. Should be a great game.
Not to mention SLU also is the higher seed in that pod but Wes is hosting due to either the NCAA not wanting to send those teams up to Canton or maybe SLU not being able to host this weekend. Is Clarkson graduation this weekend by any chance? That could be why SLU is not hosting. Regardless, should be a really good game on Sunday assuming the Saints take care of Plymouth St. on saturday.
richard

Post by richard »

Let’s hope that Wesleyan overlooks Fisher. They are playing pretty well right now. I don’t like Fisher but I really dislike Wesleyan.
VTLaxGuy

Post by VTLaxGuy »

A couple of fun storylines in what is otherwise an unnoteworthy SLU v Plymouth game:

Plymouth's leading scorer (#10 Crosby Fay) is a SLU transfer out of New Hampton. I don't believe he saw any action for SLU (was maybe only there for a fall), but still a cool thing for him to lead his new team against his old team.

Plymouth also has a former D1 Quarterback (#11 Alex Hawkom - QB at Central CT State) creating matchup problems from the midfield.

I don't think they have nearly enough to keep up with the Saints, but those are two guys who are certainly good enough to hang for a while.
Laxguy92

Post by Laxguy92 »

VTLaxGuy wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:12 pm A couple of fun storylines in what is otherwise an unnoteworthy SLU v Plymouth game:

Plymouth's leading scorer (#10 Crosby Fay) is a SLU transfer out of New Hampton. I don't believe he saw any action for SLU (was maybe only there for a fall), but still a cool thing for him to lead his new team against his old team.

Plymouth also has a former D1 Quarterback (#11 Alex Hawkom - QB at Central CT State) creating matchup problems from the midfield.

I don't think they have nearly enough to keep up with the Saints, but those are two guys who are certainly good enough to hang for a while.
Yeah, that’s cool. Saints by 90.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

VTLaxGuy wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:12 pm A couple of fun storylines in what is otherwise an unnoteworthy SLU v Plymouth game:

Is Crosby Fay any relation to Charlie Fay? If Plymouth had Charlie, they would be in business. Likely looking at a very long day in this one though.
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

Would love to see RPI make it to the finals...
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

Honestly would love to see SLU as well...
Tigerlax70

Post by Tigerlax70 »

Honestly, would love to see RIT in final. Had to add to this trifecta post. Good luck to ALL LL teams.
billyosier

Post by billyosier »

Best of luck to all LL squads. Hoping for a SLU, RPI, RIT Final Four with a LL champion. Would be an awesome ending to a fantastic year for the league.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

RPI passed their gut check with flying colors. So tough to beat a team like RIT twice in a season. When RIT tied it in the 4th I thought the momentum had shifted enough to carry them. And the response to that energy was championship level. Fun team to watch.
BigMoose9

Post by BigMoose9 »

I like RIT’s chances to make the Final Four the best out of the LL teams. I haven’t followed Babson or Denison much this season, but I expect RIT will be able to take care of them. Their elite 8 matchup would most likely against CNU, who they lost to last year, that will be a great game but think they squeak by. SLU has a tough draw having to go through Wesleyan and Tufts. Bowdoin will be a tough matchup for RPI in the second round as well, although I expect them to win that one.
billyosier

Post by billyosier »

LL 2024 Lacrosse Awards are out:

Offensive Player of the Year: Judge Murphy, Senior, Attack, St. Lawrence University
Defensive Player of the Year: Michael Grace, Senior, Defense, Rochester Institute of Technology
Rookie of the Year: Daniel Mahoney, Attack, St. Lawrence University
Coaching Staff of the Year: St. Lawrence University – Head Coach Mike Mahoney; Assistant Coaches Tom Ryan and John O’Connor

First Team
A-Clifford Gaston, Jr., RIT
A-Judge Murphy, Sr., St. Lawrence
A-Luke Murphy, Gr., RPI
M-Zach Davis, Sr., Union
M-John Mozrall, Gr., RIT
M-Matt Reilly, Sr., Clarkson
LSM- John Sula, So., Union
SSM-Patrick Reilly, Jr., Union
SSM- Caleb Torres, Jr., St. Lawrence
FO-Matthew Paolatto, Sr., Union
D-Tripp Clark, Sr., St. Lawrence
D-Mike Grace, Sr., RIT
D-Caleb Oswari, Sr., RPI
G- Joseph Perry, Jr., RPI

Second Team
A-Jake Erickson, Gr., RIT
A-Brian Gonsalves, Jr., Skidmore
A-Peter Kip, Sr., Union
A-Luke Pilcher, Gr., RIT
M-Seth Grottenthaler, Sr., RIT
M-Sean Smith, So., RPI
M-Bobby Wells, Jr., St. Lawrence
LSM-Ty Stanek, Jr., RPI
SSM- David Koffler, So., Skidmore
SSM- Caiden Perry, Sr., RIT
FO-Paddy Condon, Jr., St. Lawrence
FO-Angelo Venuto, Sr., RPI
D-Solomon Hess, Sr., Vassar
D-Matt Szwagulinski, Sr., Clarkson
D-Tanner Winkelmann, Gr., RIT
G- Michael Marinello, Jr., St. Lawrence

Honorable Mention
A-Ben Hutchinson, Sr., St. Lawrence
M-Zach Swanson, Sr., RPI
FO-Allyn French, Gr., RIT
D-Alex Bechard, Sr., St. Lawrence
D-Shaine Luzietti, So., Union
G-Dan Donahue, Sr., Union
G-Alex Zborowski, So., RIT

https://libertyleagueathletics.com/news ... wards.aspx
ah23

Post by ah23 »

billyosier wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:09 pm Coaching Staff of the Year: St. Lawrence University – Head
St. Lawrence has had a great season, but how in the world did this go to anyone other than the RPI staff? They massively outperformed big picture expectations and I thought they were great at making in-game adjustments/flipping games in their favor all season long. Make it make sense!
billyosier

Post by billyosier »

ah23 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:28 pm
billyosier wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:09 pm Coaching Staff of the Year: St. Lawrence University – Head
St. Lawrence has had a great season, but how in the world did this go to anyone other than the RPI staff? They massively outperformed big picture expectations and I thought they were great at making in-game adjustments/flipping games in their favor all season long. Make it make sense!
Doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me either. Most likely has to do with them being picked 4th in the preseason rankings and ending up as co-regular season champs while RPI was picked 2nd and finished 1st. Definitely a big head-scratcher.
Last edited by billyosier on Tue May 07, 2024 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”