All Things China

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
6ftstick

Re: All Things China

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:56 am
HooDat wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:38 am I believe all he really wants to do is move the narrative and the relationship so that it starts to tilt the trade benefits away from capital providers (investors in China) and consumers of cheap trinkets to be more in favor of US workers. I based that on my belief that Trump ran for president for two reasons: the primary one being ego, the secondary (and the justification to himself) being that he thinks the average American has been getting disproportionately squeezed in the transition to fully global economy.
What evidence do you have that Trump is trying to help the average Americans with this nonsense ?

Here’s my evidence you’re wrong:

Did you see WalMart just announced they are raising prices?

Who do you think the IP theft hurts? Some guy named Bill who lives in Kansas and is a farm hand? Or some guy named Bill who lives in Manhattan, and works for Ping golf clubs?

At every turn, Trump has helped guys like me, and has helped me at the expense of Bill in Kansas. The tax cuts. The un-targeted spending, which means corruption.

And as I’ve said: we are 2+ years in, and Trump doesn’t have a single program that helps Trumps forgotten voter.

So frankly, I don’t understand your view on the subject! ;)
Just more BS from the Weed capitol of the US. :lol:

The Democrats who opposed President Donald Trump’s tax law, and their allies in the media, have taken to saying it didn’t really cut anybody’s taxes. Democratic frontrunner Joe Biden said the other day to a crowd that, “There’s a $2 trillion tax cut last year. Did you feel it? Did you get anything from it? Of course not. Of course not.”

Now that it’s been a month since Tax Day, it’s time to do away with all the smoke and mirrors, and actually look at the real numbers. One thing you might notice is that since the final numbers came in, the media quickly moved onto President Trump’s tax returns and suddenly are silent on how the tax plan actually affected the rest of us.

Let’s start with how much people actually paid in taxes. This is not what was taken out of their paychecks through withholding, but what was taken out of their paychecks minus what they received in a refund, or plus what they had to pay extra. This is their actual tax bill — forget about withholdings and refunds for a bit.

Remember this number: 25 percent. While the final IRS figures are still trickling out, H&R Block reported that the average tax bill for their clients — more than 20 million middle class Americans — was down by that amount. Yes, the average American paid 25% less in taxes this past year. That sounds like a tax cut.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... cut-taxes/

So the AVERAGE American paid 25% fewer federal taxes, increased their salary by 4% and their 401K's are flush.

Gotta stop that stuff cause Trump said p*ssy once.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Lol. This is a China thread right?

Some actual numbers. More than 10 million paid more I. Federal taxes last year.

The 10,000 dollar cap on state and local taxes reduced the number of people taking the deduction dropped by 20 million. The result was there state taxes went up.

The Treasury as a result increased revenue from this change by 30 billion.

The CBO and the WSJ both did in depth analysis on thctax Bill. Both reported it failed in accomplishing its stated goals and objectives, drove the deficit out of control, and had one significant impact - it provided fiscal stimulus to the economy and axsugat high.

Meanwhile jobs weren’t created because of it, stock buybacks and bonuses to executives got a significant proportion of the corporate tax savings, etc etc etc
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

https://tinyurl.com/y5s88z5y

The ever beneficent Trump enriches China!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:15 am So the AVERAGE American paid 25% fewer federal taxes, increased their salary by 4% and their 401K's are flush.

The average American doesn't pay taxes at all. The Times is trying to sell you. And the bottom half of Americans certainly don't have 401k's. You understand that, right?

And that increase in salary? Adjust that for inflation. Poof. Gone.

Here's the part that you can't dance around: the tax cuts for humans expire. The tax cuts for corporations----the 1% don't.

So what the Congressional Republicans did---Trump's not smart enough to do this----is give you and FoxNation some table crumbs that they can point to and say "see, we helped you". Meanwhile, cases and cases of cookies are heading out the back door. THAT is why the tax cuts are so bad. THAT is why I keep saying: why do you want to pay MY (business) taxes?

Look, you're one of my very favorite posters. If you can let go of the trap Trump set for you: "they're all against us, and any criticism of my policies are the work of TDS", you'll concede my simple points.

I don't hate the man. I'm trying to help you see: he's not doing what he's telling you he's doing. I say this as someone who's more of a fiscal conservative than you are.

The one thing that I AM certain of is that you know doggone well that Trump isn't a conservative. Government is bigger than ever. Spending is higher than ever. Trump is protecting Union jobs at the expense of Farmers. I could go on and on. I KNOW you're not for these things, but you're unwilling to admit as much on the forum.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:12 pm
6ftstick wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:15 am So the AVERAGE American paid 25% fewer federal taxes, increased their salary by 4% and their 401K's are flush.

The average American doesn't pay taxes at all. The Times is trying to sell you. And the bottom half of Americans certainly don't have 401k's. You understand that, right?

Here's the part that you can't dance around: the tax cuts for humans expire. The tax cuts for corporations----the 1% don't.

So what the Congressional Republicans did---Trump's not smart enough to do this----is give you and FoxNation some table crumbs that they can point to and say "see, we helped you". Meanwhile, cases and cases of cookies are heading out the back door. THAT is why the tax cuts are so bad. THAT is why I keep saying: why do you want to pay MY (business) taxes?

Look, you're one of my very favorite posters. If you can let go of the trap Trump set for you: "they're all against us, and any criticism of my policies are the work of TDS", you'll concede my simple points.

I don't hate the man. I'm trying to help you see: he's not doing what he's telling you he's doing. I say this as someone who's more of a fiscal conservative than you are.

The one thing that I AM certain of is that you know doggone well that Trump isn't a conservative. Government is bigger than ever. Spending is higher than ever. Trump is protecting Union jobs at the expense of Farmers. I could go on and on. I KNOW you're not for these things, but you're unwilling to admit as much on the forum.
Most "employers" don't offer a 401k and for many that do, participation rates are low. Can't save for tomorrow when you have bills to pay today......
“I wish you would!”
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Not only are 401ks underutilized they are also grossly misallocated because of lack of knowledge or fear.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:12 pm

OK then so HR block is clueless about their own core business. You know more about it then they do.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Who said anything about H and R block?

But sure. Go ahead and ask them: when do the Trump tax cuts expire. They'll tell you. With no trouble.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:30 am Who said anything about H and R block?

But sure. Go ahead and ask them: when do the Trump tax cuts expire. They'll tell you. With no trouble.
Guess you missed it. I even put it in red

Remember this number: 25 percent. While the final IRS figures are still trickling out, H&R Block reported that the average tax bill for their clients — more than 20 million middle class Americans — was down by that amount. Yes, the average American paid 25% less in taxes this past year. That sounds like a tax cut.

Didn't stop you from saying it never happened. And HR Block does so many taxes for the 1%.
a fan

Post by a fan »

:lol: You're not reading one single word I'm writing. I'll try one last time. I didn't say that the tax cuts didn't happen, and that they didn't help some Americans. Here's what I wrote. Turn off Hannity, and pay attention to what I'm telling you:

A fan: Here's the part that you can't dance around: the tax cuts for humans expire. The tax cuts for corporations----the 1% don't.

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Does Trump Deserve Credit on China?

ummm, no - not really...

"Trump is different from his predecessors when it comes to China, in part because he uses tools that are economically riskier than those more traditional presidents would have chosen. Those tools threaten economic growth and incite stock volatility. Unlike other presidents, Trump doesn’t bother to gather allies and use international institutions like the World Trade Organization or agreements like the TPP, obvious advantages the U.S. has in any confrontation with China.

The administration’s tools include: tariffs, freedom of navigation operations in the South China Sea, opposition to Chinese companies in communications networks, study and travel restrictions on Chinese nationals suspected of spying or links to the Chinese military. Setting aside the merit of these choices, the administration gets in its own way by failing to prioritize its efforts to contain China—pivoting back to the Middle East now, then threatening a trade war with Europe.

What strategy really is, as Eliot Cohen has argued, is a theory of victory: how will we use what means are available to us to attain our aims. Previous American presidents theorized that China would see the advantages of becoming rule-abiding. Trump theorizes that the American economy is strong enough to force Chinese submission. Those different approaches portend very different kinds of relations for the U.S. with China: The first would make them partners in prosperity, the second would reveal them supplicants."

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:46 am :lol: You're not reading one single word I'm writing. I'll try one last time. I didn't say that the tax cuts didn't happen, and that they didn't help some Americans. Here's what I wrote. Turn off Hannity, and pay attention to what I'm telling you:

A fan: Here's the part that you can't dance around: the tax cuts for humans expire. The tax cuts for corporations----the 1% don't.

In 2025 if congress does nothing before then.You make it sound like they end tomorrow.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Seems there is an ash Orion all HR clients are middle class. Also seems there is a selection bias at work by representing their client base as representative of the average tax payer.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

6ftstick wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:37 am

Didn't stop you from saying it never happened. And HR Block does so many taxes for the 1%.
Poll: About half of rural Americans cannot afford unexpected $1,000 expense

Sorry to those in the "wrong" half, live in the "wrong" place or were born to the "wrong" parents.

#MAGA for 1% and Corporations...while the rest get trickled down on.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

foreverlax wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:53 am

Sorry to those in the "wrong" half, live in the "wrong" place or were born to the "wrong" parents.

So What the heck is the Democrat plan to change this?? Exactly... the Democrats have no plan. The only thing Democrats are running on is they hate trump. The last time I looked that is not a plan and it is a strategery that will not win an election. I can really envision the present day Democrat party bending over backwards to help rural America... :roll: As far as the democrat party is concerned rural America is a venereal disease they will stay as far away from as they possibly can.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Keep racking up the US Debt!

Good times for everyone, except those adults in the room. Those who have the common sense to cut up the credit card and backbone to start paying down the debt.

But I am just a stupid liberal...
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

It seems to me Trump ran against HLC on hate, private servers and mythical stories.

Trump has an insecure cellphone , his family use private servers for government business and Niger, redistributing warmth upwards, xenophobia, deregulation of air quality and water quality, transparency, healthcare and restoring america’s global, reducing the deficit etc. sounds like a good platform for the Dems to take it and undo the damage he has caused
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:11 pm
foreverlax wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:53 am

So What the heck is the Democrat plan to change this?? Exactly... the Democrats have no plan. The only thing Democrats are running on is they hate trump. The last time I looked that is not a plan and it is a strategery that will not win an election. I can really envision the present day Democrat party bending over backwards to help rural America... :roll: As far as the democrat party is concerned rural America is a venereal disease they will stay as far away from as they possibly can.
Great question....but the fact remains, life isn't better for most folks.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Rare earths y’all. Drop mic
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:11 pm So What the heck is the Democrat plan to change this?? Exactly... the Democrats have no plan.
Multiple candidates are talking universal health care and free college.

Those two things alone would have an massively positive effect on the lives of the bottom 50% of American earners.

Return to “POLITICS”