2024 Pool C

D3 Mens Lacrosse
CentennialPundit

Re: 2024 Pool C

Post by CentennialPundit »

Laxattackjack wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:14 pm
SixBySix wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:08 pm Stevenson won't make the RR cut ahead of Gettysburg. They will win today or be 3-6 vRRO.
who has stevenson beat to get 3 regional wins? i have them with two
My guess is Gettysburg enters either at the expense of muhlenberg or York, I would guess York drops but I have no real idea.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Laxattackjack wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:25 am definitely more factors play. otherwise, york with 2 regions wins, and a tougher schedule, would get in over swarthmore.
i am sticking with my predictions. Noke with 3 or 4 regional wins. amherst, union, and middlebury also have 3 or 4. swarthmore will only have 2. weak OOC schedule is going to hurt them. bowdoin in the same boat. they must win today or they end the season with only 2 regional wins.
I think Middlebury-Bowdoin is a de facto play-in game, but we'll see. Lean towards agreeing that Bowdoin's resume is with Amherst in bubble territory without a win today. Also really interested to see where Middlebury ends up. Tough evaluations for the committee for sure!

As for the start of the comment - I don't think Swarthmore and York are that close.

Won-lost percentage against Division III opponents: Swarthmore
Swarthmore 14-2 (.875), York: 10-8 (.555)

Division III head-to-head competition: N/A
Doesn't apply (this is just direct h2h, right?)

Results versus common Division III opponents: Swarthmore
Dickinson: Swat W, York L
Eastern: Swat W, York W/L
F&M: Swat W, York W
Gettysburg, Swat W/L, York L
Widener: Swat W, York W

Results versus ranked Division III teams as established by the final rankings and the ranking preceding the final rankings. Conference postseason contests are included: neutral/Swarthmore
Swarthmore 2-1, York 2-6

Not sure how the committee views it, but I can't imagine that 2-6 is better than 2-1 because I refuse to believe that losing games can actively improve a resume. Results have to matter. At best this is neutral.

Used current rankings FWIW; Swat beat Dickinson and Muhlenberg, lost to Amherst. York beat Denison and W&L, lost to Dickinson, Grove City, RIT, RPI, Salisbury, St. Lawrence. If Gettysburg jumps back in next week, add a loss for York and a W/L split for Swarthmore. They also might lose Amherst next week, but...going off current rankings.

Division III strength of schedule: York
Swarthmore .563, York .631
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

if gettysburg beats dickinson today, it’s all irrelevant. dickinson is a lock even if they lose. and with gettysburg keepi no it so close, they are likely in.
CentennialPundit

Laxattackjack wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:15 pm if gettysburg beats dickinson today, it’s all irrelevant. dickinson is a lock even if they lose. and with gettysburg keepi no it so close, they are likely in.
They don’t look at scores just results
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

ah23 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:57 pm
Laxattackjack wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:25 am definitely more factors play. otherwise, york with 2 regions wins, and a tougher schedule, would get in over swarthmore.
i am sticking with my predictions. Noke with 3 or 4 regional wins. amherst, union, and middlebury also have 3 or 4. swarthmore will only have 2. weak OOC schedule is going to hurt them. bowdoin in the same boat. they must win today or they end the season with only 2 regional wins.
I think Middlebury-Bowdoin is a de facto play-in game, but we'll see. Lean towards agreeing that Bowdoin's resume is with Amherst in bubble territory without a win today. Also really interested to see where Middlebury ends up. Tough evaluations for the committee for sure!

As for the start of the comment - I don't think Swarthmore and York are that close.

Results versus ranked Division III teams as established by the final rankings and the ranking preceding the final rankings. Conference postseason contests are included: neutral/Swarthmore
Swarthmore 2-1, York 2-6

Not sure how the committee views it, but I can't imagine that 2-6 is better than 2-1 because I refuse to believe that losing games can actively improve a resume. Results have to matter. At best this is neutral.

Used current rankings FWIW; Swat beat Dickinson and Muhlenberg, lost to Amherst. York beat Denison and W&L, lost to Dickinson, Grove City, RIT, RPI, Salisbury, St. Lawrence. If Gettysburg jumps back in next week, add a loss for York and a W/L split for Swarthmore. They also might lose Amherst next week, but...going off current rankings.

you actually are supporting my claim. swarthmore has a weak resume. no one on this board thinks that york is still alive for an at large bid. and you just showed that swarthmore resume is almost as weak
CentennialPundit

Laxattackjack wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:44 pm

Swarthmore 2-1, York 2-6

you actually are supporting my claim. swarthmore has a weak resume. no one on this board thinks that york is still alive for an at large bid. and you just showed that swarthmore resume is almost as weak
lol! You can read that post how you’d like, but he clearly showed that their resumes are nowhere near each other.
hooray

Post by hooray »

Swarthmore 2-1, York 2-6

These takes are horrendous
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

CentennialPundit wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:52 pm

Swarthmore 2-1, York 2-6

lol! You can read that post how you’d like, but he clearly showed that their resumes are nowhere near each other.
nah. they are close. although swarthmore played a soft OOC schedule. they still managed to beat two ranked teams. that is comparable to york. and york doesn’t have a chance to make the tourney.

if RMC upsets lynchburg, that could throw another wrench in this. either way, swarthmore is on the outside looking in and praying for help.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Favorites all doing their part so far today, no bid thieves yet.
BigMoose9

Post by BigMoose9 »

At this point I don’t see anymore bid thieves out there. I’ll give my last go at guessing the 10 bids. This is assuming RIT, Salisbury, and Wesleyan win.

RPI, Tufts, St. Lawrence, CNU, Middlebury, W&L, Union, Swarthmore, Amherst, Gettysburg.

Just missed… Bowdoin and Roanoke. The last two spots are tough for me. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if Bowdoin makes it. Part of me just doesn’t think they’ll put in 5 Nescac teams. Although Bowdoin beat Amherst pretty good head to head, I think Amherst has better quality wins which will give them the edge. Should be interesting to see how it plays out!
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

BigMoose9 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:03 pm At this point I don’t see anymore bid thieves out there. I’ll give my last go at guessing the 10 bids. This is assuming RIT, Salisbury, and Wesleyan win.

RPI, Tufts, St. Lawrence, CNU, Middlebury, W&L, Union, Swarthmore, Amherst, Gettysburg.

Just missed… Bowdoin and Roanoke. The last two spots are tough for me. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if Bowdoin makes it. Part of me just doesn’t think they’ll put in 5 Nescac teams. Although Bowdoin beat Amherst pretty good head to head, I think Amherst has better quality wins which will give them the edge. Should be interesting to see how it plays out!
Bowdoin should not make it. They beat Amherst and Middlebury - that is it. Hamilton has a better resume then Bowdoin beating Middlebury, Tufts, and Lynchburg.
DTL94

Post by DTL94 »

Also curious why Gettysburg would get in at 10-8 and not even listed in the top 7 in the recent regional rankings
Laxwizard

Post by Laxwizard »

DTL94 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:23 am Also curious why Gettysburg would get in at 10-8 and not even listed in the top 7 in the recent regional rankings
Gettysburg made it to the finals, so they deserve a bid. Also Roanoke should get in too.
CentennialPundit

Laxwizard wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:42 am
DTL94 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:23 am Also curious why Gettysburg would get in at 10-8 and not even listed in the top 7 in the recent regional rankings
Gettysburg made it to the finals, so they deserve a bid. Also Roanoke should get in too.
Gettysburg’s a good team but there’s too few spots. The loss to WAC and muhlenberg really screws them. They have no head to head advantage against swat and Dickinson and lose in common opponent, so they only get in if centennial is 3 bid. But take my opinion with grain of salt
ToeDipper78

Post by ToeDipper78 »

It's going to come down to Swat and/or Getty ... Amherst and/or Bowdoin and/or Hamilton.
The committee has to answer 2 questions: is regular season more important than conf tourney? AND is strength of schedule more important than wins?
My gut says Getty is left out-- just too many losses.
I thought there was no way 5 NESCAC teams would make it but now the logic says they do.
ToeDipper78

Post by ToeDipper78 »

ToeDipper78 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:23 am It's going to come down to Swat and/or Getty ... Amherst and/or Bowdoin and/or Hamilton.
The committee has to answer 2 questions: is regular season more important than conf tourney? AND is strength of schedule more important than wins?
I thought there was no way 5 NESCAC teams would make it but now the logic says they do.
If Kenyon or Roanoke grab spot instead of the teams above, then that's just stupid
SouthieLax

Post by SouthieLax »

ToeDipper78 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:23 am It's going to come down to Swat and/or Getty ... Amherst and/or Bowdoin and/or Hamilton.
They won’t weigh conference tournament games any different than regular season. First game of season just as important as conference semi’s etc….
Laxwizard

Post by Laxwizard »

Not so sure. Selection criteria says the can weigh the last 25% of the season stronger.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Laxwizard wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:40 am Not so sure. Selection criteria says the can weigh the last 25% of the season stronger.
What are you talking about? There is nothing about weighing any part of the season differently. Gettysburg isn’t even close to getting in. This IL article is pretty spot on. 4 NESCAC, 4 LL, which tracks with northern teams dominating matchup with southern this year. I doubt Roanoke is in but wouldn’t be shocked to see them.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... atch/63297
Laxwizard

Post by Laxwizard »

pcowlax wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:49 am
Laxwizard wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:40 am Not so sure. Selection criteria says the can weigh the last 25% of the season stronger.
What are you talking about? There is nothing about weighing any part of the season differently. Gettysburg isn’t even close to getting in. This IL article is pretty spot on. 4 NESCAC, 4 LL, which tracks with northern teams dominating matchup with southern this year. I doubt Roanoke is in but wouldn’t be shocked to see them.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... atch/63297
If you look at one of the linked documents in the previous braketology article it says they may weigh the last 25% of the season more with approval of the championship committee (in subsection (f))

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”