NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
callaxdad

Re: NESCAC

Post by callaxdad »

Nescac12001 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 4:25 pm
Laxcity1432 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 2:08 pm That time of year, thoughts?

POY: Will Byrne (Bowdoin)
CO-ROY: Joe Hurton (Wesleyan) & Brendan Reilly (Amherst)
COY: John Raba (Wesleyan)

1st Team All NESCAC:
A - Will Byrne (Bowdoin)
A - Jack Raba (Wesleyan)
A - Jack Regnery (Tufts)
A - Bob Gross (Amherst)
M - CK Giancola (Wesleyan)
M - Charlie Tagliaferri (Tufts)
M - DJ Dixon (Wesleyan)
FO - Ethan Barnard (Bowdoin)
LSM - Joe Hurton (Wesleyan)
SSDM - Zach Goorno (Bowdoin)
D - Joey Waldbaum (Tufts)
D - Thompson Lau (Amherst)
D - John Cowdrick (Trinity)
G - Jack Fried (Hamilton)

2nd Team All NESCAC
A - Ben Burns (Wesleyan)
A - Calvin Caputo (Williams)
A - Jason Lach (Bowdoin)
A - Brooks Hauser (Tufts)
A/M - Russell Thorndike (Middlebury)
M - Patrick Jamin (Middlebury)
M - Oliver Bernstein (Bowdoin)
M - James Bailey (Wesleyan)
M - Tom Conley (Middlebury)
FO - Nicholas Kopp (Amherst)
LSM - Henry Tarr (Middlebury)
SSDM - Charlie Hoban (Wesleyan)
D - Emmett Schillinger (Wesleyan)
D - Patrick Gaul (Williams)
D - Benjamin Konder (Bates)
G - Robert Hobbs (Bowdoin)
Switch Bob Gross and Jason Lach. Lach is clearly much more on an impact than Gross. Gross riding in the coattails of a good freshman season
Pretty spot on there Nescac 12001!
11/14 1st Team correct. Another 2 of your 1st Teamers were 2nd Team All NESCAC. Only one of your 1st team picks left of the all league list….Well done!!
Lacrossefan25

Post by Lacrossefan25 »

The12lov3 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:20 pm Since 2010, There is have been 8 NESCAC team in the NC games with 4 wins. The only league that has that resume is Coast-to-Coast Athletic Conference (Salisbury). The other league that has significant representation is the Liberty at 5 with RIT and Union in the NC game. If you go back to 1999 and you start including Middlebury in the discussion then you have 13 times in 25 years that the NESCAC has been in the NC. No other league besides Salisbury has more. Net of it is that Salisbury is the dominate force in division 3 and then the NESCAC. The proof is in the data. For all those who say that NESCAC is not the top league in division 3 lacrosse is kidding themselves. While they may have had some off years. no other league has that representation IN NC games.

2023 Salisbury Jim Berkman 17-12 Tufts Philadelphia
2022 RIT (22-1) Jake Coon 12-10 Union (NY) East Hartford, Conn.
2021 RIT (14-0) Jake Coon 15-14 (OT) Salisbury East Hartford, Conn.
2020 Canceled due to Covid-19 -- -- -- --
2019 Cabrini (22-2) Steve Colfer 16-12 Amherst Philadelphia
2018 Wesleyan (CT) (19-3) John Raba 8-6 Salisbury Foxborough, Mass.
2017 Salisbury (22-1) Jim Berkman 15-7 RIT Foxborough, Mass.
2016 Salisbury (23-1) Jim Berkman 14-13 Tufts Philadelphia
2015 Tufts (21-2) Mike Daly 19-11 Lynchburg Philadelphia
2014 Tufts (21-2) Mike Daly 12-9 Salisbury Baltimore
2013 Stevenson (22-2) Paul Cantabene 16-14 RIT Philadelphia
2012 Salisbury (23-0) Jim Berkman 14-10 SUNY Cortland Foxborough, Mass.
2011 Salisbury (18-3) Jim Berkman 19-7 Tufts Baltimore
2010 Tufts (20-1) Mike Daly 9-6 Salisbury Baltimore
So what you mean is since 2010. Salisbury 5 the almighty NESCAC 4
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Saying that Salisbury is far and away the best D-III lacrosse program isn’t exactly a hot take.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

ah23 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:57 pm Saying that Salisbury is far and away the best D-III lacrosse program isn’t exactly a hot take.
My point was that next to Salisbury, there has been no other league that has been as dominate as the NESCAC and the Liberty.

On other note, everyone was bashing Tufts for losing to Hamilton in the conference tournament. Hopkins (no 2) lost to Michigan and Villanova (unranked) beat Denver. Point being that top teams lose all the time - that is why the game is played.
Laxcity1432

Post by Laxcity1432 »

Early Lines for Tomorrow’s Games @ Wesleyan

12:00pm - Hamilton vs. Wesleyan (-5.5)

3:00pm - Middlebury vs. Bowdoin (-2.5)

Thoughts?
jumpman23

Post by jumpman23 »

Laxcity1432 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:56 pm Early Lines for Tomorrow’s Games @ Wesleyan

12:00pm - Hamilton vs. Wesleyan (-5.5)

3:00pm - Middlebury vs. Bowdoin (-2.5)

Thoughts?
Hamilton wins in OT
Bowdoin wins a one goal game

Hamilton wins in OT on Sunday. Team of destiny

Tufts, Wes, Bowdoin all join Hamilton in the NCAA tournament
Titletown85

Post by Titletown85 »

Middlebury beats Bowdoin by one or two
Wes beats Hamilton by six

Midd beats Wes by 3 and salvages an otherwise disappointing season.
ComaSlide

Post by ComaSlide »

Gqlaxer27 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:00 pm JACK FRIED FOR TEWAARTON
In all seriousness, Fried has been incredibly impressive this season and more than deserving of the innagural DPOTY award (and bonus points for still being the shoe-in despite missing a few games). Put the team on his back to knock off the 'Bos in that 4th as well.

At this point we can just refer to Hamilton as Goalie U - Unfortunate for Fagan as he could have gone to Rutgers with some DPOTY hardware as well.

Something in the water with those Goalies in Clinton despite not having a goalie coach.

Hot Seat: D3 Goalie Coaches (do they even exist?)
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Titletown85 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:15 pm Middlebury beats Bowdoin by one or two

Wow, tough to call. Middlebury is super talented but their play is mercurial!! Can’t wait to see which team shows up. As far as Wes and Hamilton, I think Wes is the best team in the NESCAC but would take the +6.5 all day long, I think Hamilton is very gritty and scrappy and could beat anyone. I think final will be Bowdoin Wes but who knows. Should be a fun weekend!!
ah23

Post by ah23 »

The12lov3 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:59 am
ah23 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:57 pm Saying that Salisbury is far and away the best D-III lacrosse program isn’t exactly a hot take.
My point was that next to Salisbury, there has been no other league that has been as dominate as the NESCAC and the Liberty.
No worries, FWIW wasn't commenting on what you posted - was commenting on the response.
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

Chipzhoo wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 7:23 am
choochooCharlie wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:27 pm
TucoBPJMRamirez wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:16 pm
SaltCounty wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:53 pm I could see the move to Middlebury.
Tufts and Amherst's seats are not warming up...
None of those administrations care a whit about the on-field success of the men's lacrosse teams.
Categorically false. The Athletic Director at Middlebury was the men’s lacrosse head coach for 15 years and 3 championships. He is a Middlebury student athlete alumn. I’d say that particular administrator cares about it quite a bit.

One could however argue that whoever sets up the Middlebury men’s schedule is the one who doesn’t “care a whit about the on-field success of the men’s lacrosse team,” but that is actually the head coach.

In my time at Bates, we knew when we had the admin’s support, and we knew when we didn’t. I would 100% rather have admin care about my on field experience, and the coach on a hot seat, than the coach facing no pressure to succeed, and the admin “not giving a whit” about the team. Either way, the complacency is showing.

I feel like someone predicted this way back in January… hmmm. Who was that now…. It doesn’t matter, but let’s call him NEStradamus….
Clown post.
Which part was wrong?
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

The12lov3 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:59 am

On other note, everyone was bashing Tufts for losing to Hamilton in the conference tournament. Hopkins (no 2) lost to Michigan and Villanova (unranked) beat Denver. Point being that top teams lose all the time - that is why the game is played.
Good point re bashing Tufts but......The Haters gonna hate!!
bantamslayer

Post by bantamslayer »

Ben Burns is on an absolute heater right now. Dude is firing off missiles that would penetrate the Iron Dome #FreePalestine
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

bantamslayer wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:23 pm Ben Burns is on an absolute heater right now. Dude is firing off missiles that would penetrate the Iron Dome #FreePalestine
LOL!! Wes looking good!
JunkyardBobcat

Post by JunkyardBobcat »

bantamslayer wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:23 pm Ben Burns is on an absolute heater right now. Dude is firing off missiles that would penetrate the Iron Dome #FreePalestine
Wow, great game from the Cards all around. Ben Burns and CK Giancola are a dynamic duo. Heard from my inside source that they will be heading to the Palestinian encampment and absolutely dismantling it in a drunken rampage, eerily similar to their performance against the Hamilton Zone. I would take CK Giancola, DJ Dixon, and Ben Burns over HAMAS in 4.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

JunkyardBobcat wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:39 pm
Wow, great game from the Cards all around. Ben Burns and CK Giancola are a dynamic duo. Heard from my inside source that they will be heading to the Palestinian encampment and absolutely dismantling it in a drunken rampage, eerily similar to their performance against the Hamilton Zone. I would take CK Giancola, DJ Dixon, and Ben Burns over HAMAS in 4.
Terrorists v Terrorists fo sho!! Haha!!

Kind of a boring, uneventful game. Wes in control pretty much in control the whole way. Hamilton goalie very impressive but they couldn't get anything going against the Cards zone D.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Midd clobbering Bowdoin, this should put them in.
greenwichlaxdaddy

Post by greenwichlaxdaddy »

Absolute clobber job from Midd. Will Zink with 8g on 9 SOG.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

greenwichlaxdaddy wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:07 pm Absolute clobber job from Midd. Will Zink with 8g on 9 SOG.
I think Bowdoin is out. Not enough RR wins and no real popping ones that the committee doesn’t consider but really does. I think Midd is in, helped by almost all favorites winning in other conferences where a loss would have taken away another at large.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

callaxdad wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:33 pm
Titletown85 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:15 pm Middlebury beats Bowdoin by one or two

Wow, tough to call. Middlebury is super talented but their play is mercurial!! Can’t wait to see which team shows up. As far as Wes and Hamilton, I think Wes is the best team in the NESCAC but would take the +6.5 all day long, I think Hamilton is very gritty and scrappy and could beat anyone. I think final will be Bowdoin Wes but who knows. Should be a fun weekend!!
I won my $5 bet on Hamilton!! Haha! Midd is tough!! Should be a good final tomorrow. I still stand by my Wes is best team in NESCAC call. Looking forward to the championship game!!

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”