York 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
DeepPocket

Re: York 2024

Post by DeepPocket »

Brutal, fitting end for the season, but just brutal.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

:lol:
Mijohnson

Post by Mijohnson »

Oh that karma
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

Wow… Tough L to end the year.

The offense lacked serious depth this year. When your 5th and 6th highest scoring players are a Fogo and a D-Mid that is saying something.

Say what you want, but having all of that talent transfer out in the offseason definitely played a major role in this disappointing season for York. Mayer, Burbank, and Kazella would’ve all been very useful weapons for this offense. Specifically Mayer, who went to the Big Ten and had himself a 25 point year from the midfield.

Curious to see where this program goes from here.. losing Harnick, Blackmon, Grayson, Russo, Mentzer, Vinny, and Keogh this off season.
MacAttack

Post by MacAttack »

Well, that happened. Hats off to Eastern on the huge win for their program. York just couldn’t get things moving, same story most of the year.
Huge step back for the Spartan program this year which is a shame considering the years that grads Facciponti, Blackmon, and Harnick have had.
D3laxfan22

Post by D3laxfan22 »

In case you didn’t know. Eastern lost to Hood college
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

Eastern was not great this year. Lots of big losses
Stevens 22-7 loss
Stevenson 22-7 loss
Hood 9-8 loss
Ursinus 12-5 loss
MW - 14-8 loss

That is some turnaround to lose to those teams and by that amount to beating York in #1/#4 game
NElaxtalent

Post by NElaxtalent »

Hard to fathom struggling the last 2 games given the massive possession advantage Facciponti gave York.

I didn’t see the Eastern game but recent Save % stats seem to indicate that as an area of concern in addition to the aforementioned offensive consistency.

Stunning to say the least, especially considering the Eastern - Hood outcome just last week.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Truly a Jekyll and Hyde season. The ceiling for this group was very high given the teams they ran with, unfortunately the clock has run out on getting their act together this year.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

tough loss. inconsistent year. lots of blame to go around. is york just hitting a bump in the road? or are they in the middle of a decline.
2022. final 4
2023. sweet 16
2024 loss in first round of conference play

the mass exodus after last season hurt this team more then anyone expected. was it all a coincidence? losing 75% of the recent recruiting class , two best offensive players in the previous class, and both coaches after last season. can Childs right the ship?
let’s start with coaching. from top down, what was the plan? does york have an offensive identity? seems to be one v one. is this a head coaches plan, is this the new OC? or do the players just make it up?
i watch a lot of lacrosse. york seems to pass the ball much less then other teams. on clears, on fast breaks. after faceoff wins. i can’t recall if this team ran a successful traditional fast break all year.
can york fill the leadership void? i will any grads or seniors return? if not, that leaves the current junior class as the top dogs. 19,25, and 35 should be ready. they have all played a big part this year. but none of the rising seniors have much time/experience on offense. i only count 4 offensive players combined in the rising junior/senior class. offense is going to have to depend on the younger group. with 2,7,26, and 28 gone, things are going to be different.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

New and green OC, loss of big names on offense, beefed up OOC schedule, all play a roll.

The road to the top isn’t a straight line. Like those of CNU, we’ve been spoiled as fans, and now some see the sky as falling at every stumble.

This was a down year. And after it, like every team every year, they’ll lose some strong experienced players. Maybe they’ll even lose some depth players that “didn’t sign up for 10-8.” And life will go on (it will for me at least).
NElaxtalent

Post by NElaxtalent »

Perhaps more appropriate Q for the MAC thread but I didn't want interfere with Eastern - Stevenson championship analysis / banter.

Over the next week or two (before this season's events begin to fade from the Forum), could one or two knowledgeable posters do a Way-Too-Early Primer for the 2025 season based on returning rosters so that we can all pick up from this point next year?

I honestly don't follow all the rosters enough to know who returns and who doesn't. Between Grads, 5th years and Srs, it's tough to have a feel for who is on the rise and who might have peaked or at least graduated an outsized part of their identity.

TIA
MacAttack

Post by MacAttack »

StevieUAlum wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:40 pm:lol:
Congratulations Stevie, your boys handled business last night!

That dominant win makes York's loss to Eastern even more perplexing. Hard to compare game outcomes, but bottom line is Stevenson scored at will on Eastern and York struggled to put up points all game. When it mattered, it turns out that Stevie was right and the Stevenson offense IS more potent than that last half of the season York offense.

Looking forward to the selection show tonight to see what other teams get in.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Good luck to Stevenson, this weekend.

I would say that York certainly has a lot of questions to answer before the beginning of the next season. From top to bottom, there needs to be a serious look at every aspect of this team.
AbeFroeman

Post by AbeFroeman »

with York not making the tourney, one can only imagine “what if”. if york would have won the MAC, they probably would have been placed similar to Stevenson. that means having to face Tufts on the opening weekend. that is, if york could get past Union.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

quiet on the once popular York board.

stevenson had a nice upset on Saturday, then fell flat on sunday. at least they made post season. is stevenson now the team to beat in the MAC?

As for York, i would imagine we will see lots of changes next season.
4 of the 6 starters on offense are graduating or aged out.
who will fill those spots? only a few of the freshman were able to get meaningful time. will York fill these spots with young bench, with incoming freshman, or the portal?

defense will be losing 2 long pole and 1 ssdm to graduation. i feel like york has some depth at these spots.

will be tough to lose 23 at fogo, but at least york has some experienced depth there as well.

i wonder if york will lose any youth again this season to the portal.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Laxattackjack wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:34 am quiet on the once popular York board.

stevenson had a nice upset on Saturday, then fell flat on sunday. at least they made post season. is stevenson now the team to beat in the MAC?

As for York, i would imagine we will see lots of changes next season.
4 of the 6 starters on offense are graduating or aged out.
who will fill those spots? only a few of the freshman were able to get meaningful time. will York fill these spots with young bench, with incoming freshman, or the portal?

defense will be losing 2 long pole and 1 ssdm to graduation. i feel like york has some depth at these spots.

will be tough to lose 23 at fogo, but at least york has some experienced depth there as well.

i wonder if york will lose any youth again this season to the portal.
Already have.
MacAttack

Post by MacAttack »

:lol:
StevieUAlum wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:40 pm:lol:
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

Proud of the season the Mustangs had and getting the program back into the tournament and on the national radar again.

Sunday the boys just didn't have the depth to hang for a full game. Was 9-5 at one point but Tuffs depth really showed and with no answer at the faceoff dot, the task became too daunting to overcome.

Whole offense returns while the the entire defense graduates. Will be tough replacing guys like Quine and Mulvey, staples down low for 5 years.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

StevieUAlum wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:25 pm Proud of the season the Mustangs had and getting the program back into the tournament and on the national radar again.

Sunday the boys just didn't have the depth to hang for a full game. Was 9-5 at one point but Tuffs depth really showed and with no answer at the faceoff dot, the task became too daunting to overcome.

Whole offense returns while the the entire defense graduates. Will be tough replacing guys like Quine and Mulvey, staples down low for 5 years.
no depth? doesn’t stevenson have like 65 on the roster?

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”