JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:26 pm How the eff did Barr politicize this Hunter Biden chit show? He was AG for a short time and this chit show with Hunter proceeded him for several years. FFS Barr has explained his methodology numerous times. You can disagree with his rationale all day long, but he did explain it to the extent that he could.
We've already discussed this, my man.

Remember the whistleblowers? The ones you and others kept citing as gospel?

They were LIVID that Barr personally stepped in, and moved the Prosecutorial and Investigatory work from the DC offices to Delaware, with Barr personally appointing Weiss to direct and coordinate the work. They were mad because they claimed all the tax expertise was in DC, not Delaware, so it made no sense to move it. Their opinion yes, but do you think the AG does this sort of thing for regular, not political prosecutions?

I don't. I'm good with all of this, because it takes more than a prosecutor to prove a case, but it's factually clear that Barr stepped in, is it not?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:52 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:26 pm How the eff did Barr politicize this Hunter Biden chit show? He was AG for a short time and this chit show with Hunter proceeded him for several years. FFS Barr has explained his methodology numerous times. You can disagree with his rationale all day long, but he did explain it to the extent that he could.
We've already discussed this, my man.

Remember the whistleblowers? The ones you and others kept citing as gospel?

They were LIVID that Barr personally stepped in, and moved the Prosecutorial and Investigatory work from the DC offices to Delaware, with Barr personally appointing Weiss to direct and coordinate the work. They were mad because they claimed all the tax expertise was in DC, not Delaware, so it made no sense to move it. Their opinion yes, but do you think the AG does this sort of thing for regular, not political prosecutions?

I don't. I'm good with all of this, because it takes more than a prosecutor to prove a case, but it's factually clear that Barr stepped in, is it not?
Barr explained his decision making to the extent he could. IMO Barr knew he was a short timer as AG. He understood what a hot potato it was. It isn't like Garland picked up the ball and ran with it. When the person involved in your investigation happens to be the future presidents son you have no choice but to tread lightly. The fact that the ongoing case against Hunter Biden is still a festering sore speaks for itself. Hunters worst nightmare has him cooling his heals in a prison cell. The bottom line is Hunter Biden brought this all on himself by his poor judgement and decision making.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

That couldn't be more wrong Cranky. From "just announce an investigation" in Ukraine, to the reliance on proven lies in the Biden "bribery" fiasco, to the entire Hunter Biden affair, to the constant stream of LIES concerning the Southern Border, all the republicons and Donald J. Guilty want to do is START A RUMOR...a WHIFF of a scandal, whereupon a well-oiled Vast Right Wing Echo Chamber takes over and pounds the lies and innuendo into the low-information population that IS the republicon "base". NONE of that statement is meant to say that there are Dems that don't do wrong or illegal things. The difference is the way the GOP absolutely LIVES on lies and rumors to further their overall political message that the Dems are destroying America or they hate America or whatever folderol they are bleating out to the ignorant masses.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes

Return to “POLITICS”