The Independent State Legislature Doctrine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: SCOTUS

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote:
jhu72 wrote:I think what is clear is that the Republicans are going to attempt to play the innocent till proven guilty gambit.
As opposed to the Democrats who believe you are guilty until proven innocent. Come on man, you are better than that.
I simply mean this is not a court, there is no prosecutor (regardless of her title). Innocent until proven guilty is not an operative principle in this setting. The R's want this to look like one - it isn't. Hence "gambit".
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
seriously?

Post by seriously? »

You have the Catholic church under the gun for 1000's of accusations. No doubt a mixed bag of truth but the point is, why is it so hard to believe this guy assaulted her?
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

DMac wrote:Get your coffee and bagels fellas, show's about to begin. I hope BK goes down, believe he got away with a lot of stuff as a privileged prep and college boy but it's caught up with him. Too long ago to be held accountable now? Don't know, don't care. Had he been held accountable/called out back then would he be where he is now? Payback is a complain, eh?
You're an idiot. Who cares how you feel? I deal with FACTS. There are no facts tying Kav to any of these accusations. Hope someone makes up sexual assault claims against you, the media drags you and your family through the mud and see how you like it. All based on accusations and adhering to the stupidity of "guilty til proven innocent".

The Dems blew this one. Your sleazeball charade is the laughstock of America. Good luck in the midterms. You are going to need it.
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

seriously? wrote:You have the Catholic church under the gun for 1000's of accusations. No doubt a mixed bag of truth but the point is, why is it so hard to believe this guy assaulted her?
Because there are absolutely no FACTS pointing to he did anything to these women. Also, Democrats are known for making victims political pawns for their own gain. It is a political hit job. How can't you see that? Some of you on here really are morons.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Man. She looks nervous as hell. Fast breathing. Fogging glasses. Look of doubt. She just realized how real it's going to get.
Lock her ass up for lying under oath.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Calling it a con job means he believes the women are lying. What could then possibly sway him?
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Bandito wrote:Man. She looks nervous as hell. Fast breathing. Fogging glasses. Look of doubt. She just realized how real it's going to get.
Lock her ass up for lying under oath.
Hell yeah Manuel!

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

jhu72 wrote:
youthathletics wrote:
jhu72 wrote:I think what is clear is that the Republicans are going to attempt to play the innocent till proven guilty gambit.
As opposed to the Democrats who believe you are guilty until proven innocent. Come on man, you are better than that.
I simply mean this is not a court, there is no prosecutor (regardless of her title). Innocent until proven guilty is not an operative principle in this setting. The R's want this to look like one - it isn't. Hence "gambit".
Interesting perspective, since Sen. Feinstein just complained that the Rs refused to allow other witnesses related to this situation besides Dr. Ford. Sounds like she wants it to be a trial - at least in the court of public opinion. I also couldn’t help but notice her attempt to influence the public court whenever she mentioned Ford it was “Dr. Ford”, but Judge Kavenaugh was “Brett Kavenaugh” or simply “Kavenaugh”.

They are all the same. Feinstein sits there and says all the right things about not dismissing the story of the attacked, but did that very thing when it comes to accused Ds, and our two most recent presidential candidates have a history of doing the same.

Edit - Add: Shame on those who are attempting to suggest there’s a connection between Arpaio and the prosecutor who’ll be questioning Dr. Ford because they happened to both be Maricopa County, AZ officials.
Typical Lax Dad

SCLaxAttack wrote:
jhu72 wrote:
youthathletics wrote:
Interesting perspective, since Sen. Feinstein just complained that the Rs refused to allow other witnesses related to this situation besides Dr. Ford. Sounds like she wants it to be a trial - at least in the court of public opinion. I also couldn’t help but notice her attempt to influence the public court whenever she mentioned Ford it was “Dr. Ford”, but Judge Kavenaugh was “Brett Kavenaugh” or simply “Kavenaugh”.

They are all the same. Feinstein sits there and says all the right things about not dismissing the story of the attacked, but did that very thing when it comes to accused Ds, and our two most recent presidential candidates have a history of doing the same.
Honest question.... outside of the courtroom are judges referred to as "Judge XYZ"? I do know Dr. "this" or Dr. "that" is a reference outside of the hospital / classroom. I am not interested in what should be done at this hearing as a show of respect but I was just wondering what is normal. I can learn something today.
DMac

Post by DMac »

jhu72 wrote:
DMac wrote:Get your coffee and bagels fellas, show's about to begin. I hope BK goes down, believe he got away with a lot of stuff as a privileged prep and college boy but it's caught up with him. Too long ago to be held accountable now? Don't know, don't care. Had he been held accountable/called out back then would he be where he is now? Payback is a complain, eh?
Interesting perspective. What I find interesting is that this would normally be the reaction of most of Trump's base (know you are not a Trump supporter). Elitist snob thinks he is above us, looking down. Clearly not what they are saying about him.
This attitude stems from a classmate and teammate of mine. (from 7th grade on, we were the only two 7th graders to make the 7 & 8th grade hoops team, both played attack in HS) Lawyer's son, liar, manipulator, cheater, bully (wasn't with me cuz he watched me send his doctor's son friend home with a bloody nose when the two of them thought they'd pick on the new kid in town...I didn't know they were the tough guys) whose father got all of his little shenanigans
taken care of. What do you figure he is today? Yup, a judge. GTown grad, smart kid, got a rotten core, has no business judging people (my classmates would say the same). This BK stuff reminds me of him, sound like two peas in a pod.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Isn't the real evidence of the majority's disinclination to "get to the bottom of this" the inexplicable absence of Judge, no subpoena of Judge. He's been identified; everything about his young life seems not inconsistent with Dr. Ford's account; and he could be available. But Orrin Hatch and his pals haven't lifted a finger to get him there. Not even a cursory effort to investigate. The "gambit" here is the strategy of "OK, we'll listen; then we'll vote and confirm."
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
SCLaxAttack wrote:
jhu72 wrote:
youthathletics wrote:

Honest question.... outside of the courtroom are judges referred to as "Judge XYZ"? I do know Dr. "this" or Dr. "that" is a reference outside of the hospital / classroom. I am not interested in what should be done at this hearing as a show of respect but I was just wondering what is normal. I can learn something today.
I am sorry, but doctors went to medical school.....
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Judge Napolitano says Grassley’s idiotic 5-minute format has hamstrung the prosecutor’s interrogation of Dr. Ford. I wonder will that help Kavanaugh dodge the Democrats in the afternoon.
Last edited by Trinity on Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Agreed. The prosecutor’s demeanor is pretty good for this forum, but the five minutes on and off is really throwing her off her game. So far she hasn’t scored any points.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Agreed. The Democrats must've insisted on getting their five minutes every other five minutes, no?
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

I think it’s there for Kavanaugh later, to limit the drill down on his yearbook stuff.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

seacoaster wrote:Isn't the real evidence of the majority's disinclination to "get to the bottom of this" the inexplicable absence of Judge, no subpoena of Judge. He's been identified; everything about his young life seems not inconsistent with Dr. Ford's account; and he could be available. But Orrin Hatch and his pals haven't lifted a finger to get him there. Not even a cursory effort to investigate. The "gambit" here is the strategy of "OK, we'll listen; then we'll vote and confirm."
... and then invoke "innocent until proven guilty" -- no one proved him guilty (or will in this venue as organized) - which is true - but a total red herring.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trinity wrote:Judge Napolitano says Grassley’s idiotic 5-minute format has hamstrung the prosecutor’s interrogation of Dr. Ford. I wonder will that help Kavanaugh dodge the Democrats in the afternoon.
Actually, Kavanaugh will likely get the worst of it, if this same "prosecutor" questions him rather than the republicans. He won't get the break of having someone friendly to him asking questions. Everyone will be skeptical of him (Kavanaugh), if this "prosecutor" plays it straight.
Typical Lax Dad

HooDat wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
SCLaxAttack wrote:
jhu72 wrote:
youthathletics wrote:

I am sorry, but doctors went to medical school.....
Thanks. So are you saying that Judges are or are not referred to as Judge "XYZ" outside of the courtroom? I would think so but I am not sure. In academia, it sort of depends. I don't believe lawyers are referred to counselor or attorney so and so? What is the protocol?
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Dr. Ford is clinically insane. She wanted the hearing delayed because she was afraid of flying. Now she admits under oath she flies all the time and flew to the hearing. She is a liar plain and simple. She should get used to 3 square a day in a cell.

Return to “POLITICS”