ACC Tournament - Seeds, schedule and thoughts

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Madlax59

Re: ACC Tournament - Seeds, schedule and thoughts

Post by Madlax59 »

laxer12 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:40 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:37 pm Someone needs to remind Cuse that the draw & dump only works when the player is open
Yeah, they're pretty much passing to no one at this point. And they'e allowing BC to clog up the middle entirely; no spacing at all. And all those live ball turnovers at the top of the 8 have resulted in 4 BC transition goals now which is definitely the difference.
Cuse totally unraveled now.
goalie not stopping a thing either.
Uggg so frustrating -Cuse cannot pull trigger on big games!!
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

While I was hoping for a ‘Cuse win, I wish I was still there to see “Draw” Dad’s face. I bet he wasn’t puffing his chest and acting like a 2 year old again. I hope he held up the 5-1 sign to the BC fans and then ate that crow. What an embarrassment to the Syracuse program.
Last edited by Justalaxdad on Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Man, BC just absolutely lives in Cuse's head....the BC D was pretty incredible.
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

I know people were hopeful for Syracuse after their game against Virginia, but I don't think playing against Virginia's youth and level of post-season experience can really compare to playing BC.
belleoftheball

Post by belleoftheball »

DMac wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:17 pm Man, BC just absolutely lives in Cuse's head....the BC D was pretty incredible.
Sidney Scale deserves a Tewaaraton nomination for that performance alone. Insane effort
DMac

Post by DMac »

Will throw my thought in on the KT weight loss. Notice an engagement ring on her that I've never noticed before...advertising it. Wedding coming up soon? Sure is typical of a woman to want to lose weight for her wedding day. Just a guess.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

:!: ñ
DMac wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:35 pm Will throw my thought in on the KT weight loss. Notice an engagement ring on her that I've never noticed before...advertising it. Wedding coming up soon? Sure is typical of a woman to want to lose weight for her wedding day. Just a guess.
She's also for the first time in what 15 years not training as a collegiate/uswnt/pro player. Most athletes bodies change when they hang up the cleats.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

tothedraw wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:49 pm :!: ñ
DMac wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:35 pm Will throw my thought in on the KT weight loss. Notice an engagement ring on her that I've never noticed before...advertising it. Wedding coming up soon? Sure is typical of a woman to want to lose weight for her wedding day. Just a guess.
She's also for the first time in what 15 years not training as a collegiate/uswnt/pro player. Most athletes bodies change when they hang up the cleats.
Agreed! Also, I thought she still looked healthy
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

Dmac - don’t bother giving this any traction. It’s the ultimate low class move from a low class person.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

WOW did Syracuse get exposed in this game. Buncha melting creamsicles in the end. (And I called Notre Dame frauds.) All the silly talk out on Twitterville about this being Syracuse's year for their first Natty after they whupped up on Ginny in the semi's against a team that had obviously squandered it all on beating North Carolina and had zero left for Syracuse. Thank goodness that cacophony of cockamamie Orange Natty claptrap will die now.

The dominance in the draw circle continued for Kate Mashewske as the Orange won the all important draw battle (excuse me a moment...BWAHAHAHAHAAA!!) 18 to 9 but lost the game 15-8. The powerhouse Orange offense was smothered in the 2nd half. A single measly goal was all they could eke out.

As the game wore on, certain members of the Orange had obviously already mentally boarded the bus for that long ride home. That lazy ass pass between the Emma's in BC's end that got picked off like low hanging fruit by Shea Baker was a perfect example.

BC's definitely got Syracuse's number, this being their 6th straight win over the Orange. Treanor being on staff at BC ain't helped the Orange no way no how.

For my part, this beatdown was well worth waiting for. A scene from the Godfather occurs to me. Sonny asks Clemenza, "How's Paulie?" Clemenza replies, "Oh, Paulie--won't see him no more." Same for Syracuse in 2024. Oh sure, we'll see them in the NCAA's when they beat up on a couple/few lesser-than--but this team, a threat to seriously challenge for the national championship in 2024? Nope. Won't see them no more.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

ultravisitor wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:27 pm I know people were hopeful for Syracuse after their game against Virginia, but I don't think playing against Virginia's youth and level of post-season experience can really compare to playing BC.
If anyone sees the ACC All Tourney team please post! Thx!
njbill

Post by njbill »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:57 pm I don't know who mentioned it earlier but it was a good observation. Kayla Treanor doesn't look well. Noticeably thinner.
Just stop with the negative comments about female appearances. You got sent to the sin bin by admin once for similar comments about a year and a half ago. You obviously didn’t learn your lesson. Perhaps it’s time for another trip.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:09 pm WOW did Syracuse get exposed in this game. Buncha melting creamsicles in the end. (And I called Notre Dame frauds.) All the silly talk out on Twitterville about this being Syracuse's year for their first Natty after they whupped up on Ginny in the semi's against a team that had obviously squandered it all on beating North Carolina and had zero left for Syracuse. Thank goodness that cacophony of cockamamie Orange Natty claptrap will die now.

The dominance in the draw circle continued for Kate Mashewske as the Orange won the all important draw battle (excuse me a moment...BWAHAHAHAHAAA!!) 18 to 9 but lost the game 15-8. The powerhouse Orange offense was smothered in the 2nd half. A single measly goal was all they could eke out.

As the game wore on, certain members of the Orange had obviously already mentally boarded the bus for that long ride home. That lazy ass pass between the Emma's in BC's end that got picked off like low hanging fruit by Shea Baker was a perfect example.

BC's definitely got Syracuse's number, this being their 6th straight win over the Orange. Treanor being on staff at BC ain't helped the Orange no way no how.

For my part, this beatdown was well worth waiting for. A scene from the Godfather occurs to me. Sonny asks Clemenza, "How's Paulie?" Clemenza replies, "Oh, Paulie--won't see him no more." Same for Syracuse in 2024. Oh sure, we'll see them in the NCAA's when they beat up on a couple/few lesser-than--but this team, a threat to seriously challenge for the national championship in 2024? Nope. Won't see them no more.
Didn't watch as I was watching my daughter's conference tourney game this afternoon. From what i've hearf from another parent who also had a kid on Cuse. He said his wife (who was at Cuse game) said Cuse just didn't look engaged once they went behind and the issues were less X and Os and more motivation. Will watch replay of game tomorrow.
DMac

Post by DMac »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:51 pm
tothedraw wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:49 pm :!: ñ
Agreed! Also, I thought she still looked healthy
Yup, also agree. Agree with the no traction too.
Here's a subject changer: my g-son won the demolition derby he entered today.
Them redneck motorhead Macs out on the Ponderosa aint quite right. Takes a lot
of Old Milwaukie to put a car like together (he's a pretty good hockey player too).
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Madlax59 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:30 pm
ultravisitor wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:27 pm I know people were hopeful for Syracuse after their game against Virginia, but I don't think playing against Virginia's youth and level of post-season experience can really compare to playing BC.
Nvm saw it on Twitter
Suprised Martello left off

Scales with MVP
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:09 pm WOW did Syracuse get exposed in this game. Buncha melting creamsicles in the end. (And I called Notre Dame frauds.) All the silly talk out on Twitterville about this being Syracuse's year for their first Natty after they whupped up on Ginny in the semi's against a team that had obviously squandered it all on beating North Carolina and had zero left for Syracuse. Thank goodness that cacophony of cockamamie Orange Natty claptrap will die now.

Eat s*it, as*hole. This kind of showboating is exactly why people on these boards can’t stand you. No one likes a sore winner.
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

laxer12 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:24 pm

Eat s*it, as*hole. This kind of showboating is exactly why people on these boards can’t stand you. No one likes a sore winner.
How about EVERYONE just ignore him. It’s the attention he craves. Stop responding to him. And trust me, he’s far from a winner.
lacrosselaxin20

Post by lacrosselaxin20 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:57 pm I don't know who mentioned it earlier but it was a good observation. Kayla Treanor doesn't look well. Noticeably thinner.
You are almost 70 years old, I assume, and sitting in your home commenting on women’s bodies for what? You are the grumpiest, nastiest, and MOST ANNOYING person on this thread. You are an attention seeker and get off by throwing big words around, belittling anyone who has a differing opinion, and posting unfunny gifs from your favorite 1950s movie. You seriously need to reevaluate your life because why on earth is it your daily goal to argue with people about WOMENS LACROSSE? I genuinely don’t understand what compels someone to make a comment about a person’s body on a forum discussing a sport? You post to get a reaction and get offended when people call you out.

On another note, congrats to BC what an amazing game and I knew they’d be ready come May!
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

LaxDadMax wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:33 pm

Didn't watch as I was watching my daughter's conference tourney game this afternoon. From what i've hearf from another parent who also had a kid on Cuse. He said his wife (who was at Cuse game) said Cuse just didn't look engaged once they went behind and the issues were less X and Os and more motivation. Will watch replay of game tomorrow.
I thought it was pretty noticeable. Tough replay to watch from late in the 1st period on if you're a Syracuse fan.
caged21

Post by caged21 »

Madlax59 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:30 pm
More than surprised by this ACC All Tournament list. Here we go again. Clark, Bell Smith- WHAT??? Did the decision makers tune into the games? The semifinal and championship games? Martello, Lopinto and Davis clear and obvious snubs. It's one thing when the Inside Lacrosse and US Lacrosse magazine people choose the all stars, they obviously don't watch the games but the ACC for the tournament??????? Wow. These lists mean nothing anymore.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”