D1 Womens Lacrosse
spidey44

Re: Florida State

Post by spidey44 »

Where's LaxDadMax to chime in???
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

spidey44 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:55 pm Where's LaxDadMax to chime in???
Right! Any news on the hire??
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Why did they post the job if they already hired a current Division 1 coach back during the winter? (Insert sarcastic snarky tone here)
NutmegCrunch

Post by NutmegCrunch »

That one rumor has serious legs - I've seen it stated as gospel truth on at least two other forums that Florida State did a pre-season hire of a high-level D1 coach and has somehow pulled off the best-kept secret in the history of college women's lacrosse.
Lax832s

Post by Lax832s »

Any news?!?
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Lax832s wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 12:05 amAny news?!?
Word is it's not happening.
Lax832s

Post by Lax832s »

spidey44 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 6:30 am
Lax832s wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 12:05 amAny news?!?
Word is it's not happening.
How do you know?
suffolk

Post by suffolk »

They are currently interviewing coaching prospects.
laxdadpat

Post by laxdadpat »

Seems like a better chance of finding Bigfoot than FSU naming a head coach. Less likely FSU women's lacrosse is a real thing.
suffolk

Post by suffolk »

Florida State is interviewing candidates this week.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

suffolk wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:36 pm Florida State is interviewing candidates this week.
Doesn't mean they are going to have lacrosse. I was convinced they were even with the delay of naming a head coach. Now I've been convinced it's not going to happen.
Bart

Post by Bart »

spidey44 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 7:46 am
suffolk wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:36 pm Florida State is interviewing candidates this week.
Doesn't mean they are going to have lacrosse. I was convinced they were even with the delay of naming a head coach. Now I've been convinced it's not going to happen.
If they are actually carrying out a search, like Suffolk says, then it seems rather disingenuous to carry out a search if they are not going to start a program. I certainly would hope they would not be dangling a carrot out there to potential hires only to pull it away.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Bart wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 8:13 am
If they are actually carrying out a search, like Suffolk says, then it seems rather disingenuous to carry out a search if they are not going to start a program. I certainly would hope they would not be dangling a carrot out there to potential hires only to pull it away.
Checking boxes, crossing T's and dotting i's so they can tell the NCAA they are in compliance and plan on getting started soon... Of course I'm speculating, but my stance has completely changed in the last two months...
Bart

Post by Bart »

spidey44 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 8:18 am
Checking boxes, crossing T's and dotting i's so they can tell the NCAA they are in compliance and plan on getting started soon... Of course I'm speculating, but my stance has completely changed in the last two months...
While you certainly could be correct it would be a $hitty thing to do to your candidates. I guess nothing would surprise me at this point.
cdb

Post by cdb »

I went out and read the job description that Florida State has up on its website for its new WLAX coach. I do have a concern. The job requires very little experience -- take a look at the description if you are interested.

I have worked with governmental agencies and they have strict guidelines to ensure that job postings are made in a manner that allows all qualified candidates and opportunity to apply. Normally, the agency will see if there are any qualified candidate within it. Then, if it concludes that there are not qualified candidates within the system, it will go outside for candidates for the job. It is very difficult for an agency to deny someone the job who already works for the that governmental agency in some capacity who meets those minimum qualifications because weighting is given to applicants are already work for the agency. That would mean that any WLAX coach who presently works for a school that is part of the State of Florida system can apply for the job and will have preference over someone who is not so employed. Most of the time the job descriptions are written to exclude situations that may preclude an existing employee from getting a job when the folks doing the hiring want someone else. Fair or not, this is the way it works.

The experience requirements listed in the job description would not normally point to an highly experienced and respected Lacrosse coach. It also seems indicate that the state will not be spending the money I believe it would take to get a high calibre coach. Perhpaps, there are posters here closer to the school who can enlighten us about the hiring plans for this position.
ETLhmbaba

Post by ETLhmbaba »

Title IX compliance has nothing to do with the NCAA. It is a federal law enforced by Department of Education.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

ETLhmbaba wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 6:10 pm
Title IX compliance has nothing to do with the NCAA. It is a federal law enforced by Department of Education.
I get that and if you read through anything I've said before, I fully believed they would go through with it because of Title IX. But the writing is on the wall and with new NCAA "rules" that will be in place, it's seeming less likely that it's going to happen...at least anytime soon. They are dragging their feet on purpose hoping the requirement will go away. Plenty of people are starting to hear whispers that it's not happening. And the FSU administration never wanted it in the first place.
Justoldlaxdad

Post by Justoldlaxdad »

Monday or Tuesday
laxdadpat

Post by laxdadpat »

Monday or Tuesday what month? October, December or 2025?
Noleslax

Post by Noleslax »

Received an email invite yesterday from FSU boosters for an event on Tuesday July 30 at 1 introducing new WLAX Coach. Looks like it’s happening…Go Noles!

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”